• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids (HR) Another tramadol ceiling dose question đź’Š

But does alcohol such as benzos have anticonvulsant properties or am I wrong? How did you feel with those 900 mg. of tramadol? That's a lot of downers.
I didn't actually feel that messed up. The pain was taking over.
At one point, when I took my last 50mg dose, I did get really sweaty and start to feel sick, luckily I didn't have the shakes or I would have been really worried, this was also not long after I introduced the codeine so it could have been down to that.
Knowing the dangers of tram I immediately took 2 more 5mg diazepam, and I had to go and sit outside for 10-15 minutes.
I was pretty floaty, if i hadn't been in so much pain I would have paid more notice to how fucked I was.

But does alcohol such as benzos have anticonvulsant properties or am I wrong? How did you feel with those 900 mg. of tramadol? That's a lot of downers.

That is a good question man. Ethanol does have anti-convulsive properties, but it is so much less predictable than a Benzodiazepine.

Like you would expect, by taking Benzodiazepines and/or possibly Alcohol, you can raise your seizure threshold based upon how much you're taking. I still think it is really taking a big risk by trying to "outrun" the seizures by taking other substances.

So, yes it is possible that you'll be "safer" by taking a sedative/hypnotic but it is really a gamble that I wouldn't personally take.