• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids (HR) Another tramadol ceiling dose question đź’Š

jhjhsdi

Bluelighter
So yesterday I took a full ceiling dose (400mg)
12 o clock mid-day I took 200mg
4pm I took 150mg
8pm I took 50mg
Not to get high but because I am in bad pain.
Just woke up (5.20am) and the pain is bad again. I'm all out of Morphine and codeine and paracetamol+ibuprofen don't really do alot.
Do I have to wait until 12 mid day to safely take any more tram? I don't know the half life....

Regards,
And goooood morning!

Managed to fall back to sleep but just woke up and the pain is worse.

Was hoping I'd have had at least one answer by now

Hi there, the amount of Tramadol you can take really depends on the individual. If you are prone to seizures I wouldn’t recommend going over 400mg In 24 hours. It also depends on your tolerance to opiates. I personally can take 1200mg of Tramadol (for chronic pain) due to my tolerance to opiates. If you are going to take more than 400mg I’m 24 hours I would take a benzodiazepine such as Klonopin or Diazepam as these have a long half life. However I must warn you there are dangers in combining benzodiazepines and opiates as they are both CNS depressants and you could have some serious side effects from this combination such as death. Also never drink alcohol with any other CNS deppresant. Maybe ask your doctor for tramadol slow realease. I personally think codeine is a far more suitable medication for pain as it doesn’t come with the risk of seizure and is far less addictive than morphine. I hope I have helped in some way hehe.

Hi there, the amount of Tramadol you can take really depends on the individual

This is totally true, I personally take doses above the gram. For recreational purposes, but I always use Diazepam together with tramadol. If you are prone to seizures I do not recommend more than 400mg, the maximum dose is supposed to be 400mg every 24 hours.

Although you always have to be careful with the dose, yesterday I took a 600mg dose (the day before I had taken 750mg) with 50mg of diazepam and I was nodding off, I could barely keep my eyes open. I took a lot of diazepam because I had started with 30mg, after about 4 hours (along with 600mg of tramadol) I began to have body shakes that started to scare me, so I took 2 more valiums. I don't recommend this, I couldn't feel my legs, so watch out

I think it depends on the individual. If you tolerate 400mg well. I don't think there are any problems taking another 100 or 200mg.
I have taken 1200-1500mg many times without any benzo (I DON'T recommend doing such a stupid thing) and I have never had problems but for some reason I feel that the tramadol ER is more risky for seizures.

Oh my God! Describe your condition when taking 1500 mg???

Extreme tolerance to tramadol may require very high doses for recreational purposes ... It is extremely dangerous, tramadol is taken in repeated doses for a few hours or throughout the day. At this point I can say that the tramadol high turns into a very pleasant and overwhelmingly euphoric state. But again, I do not advise taking more than 400mg without experience. I used tramadol recreationally for 3 years, also oxy, codeine and hydro ... so tolerance to opiate effects is more present.

The hard part about answering this question is that, as we have seen here, some folks can tolerate several times the ceiling dose in a sitting while others might have problems with dosages even below the ceiling depending upon their natural liability to seizures.

All we can really say with confidence is that by pushing the limits you are taking a risk. We dont recommend going higher than 300mg-400mg in a sitting, because this seems to be a pretty common benchmark for things going wrong.

Oh my God! Describe your condition when taking 1500 mg???

Maybe I miss to say that I don't take 1500mg in a single dose haha it's a period of hours, something like 10-12 hours like @Nicocastillo7 says throught the day. I'm sure 1500mg in a single dose will it causes a seizure. The most I have taken is 600mg in one dose and the SNRI effects of tramadol felt too overwhelming at first. But, 1500mg. thorought the day it feels very good and I think it's my sweet spot. That dose causes me euphoria (not tremendously like hard-opioids but still) and above all a well being like nothing else. I love and understand everyone. I want to hug everyone haha. I guess that's the serotonin effect. All my problems seem to disappear in those hours. My pupils are tiny at that moment and a couple of twitching in legs or hands is possible but nothing serious. I love to sit down to watch a movie, tv series or listen to music and just nod off. That dose makes me sleep like a baby haha. More than that there is no difference in the high ime and taking more is too dangerous. My favorite tramadol formulation is the oral drops solution, it hits me faster and causes almost no side effects. For some reason, the pills (especially Grunenthal's Tramal) I don't tolerate well and doses higher than 800 mg. they make me feel weird.
I understand that tramadol was developed by Grunenthal but I don't understand why it feels so different. Maybe it's a little stronger I don't know.

I understand that tramadol was developed by Grunenthal but I don't understand why it feels so different. Maybe it's a little stronger I don't know.

I was able to notice many differences in the effects of the different brands of tramadol. For example, the pills I have now are 75mg and are the best on the market (there are 20mg, 60mg and 80mg available) all instant release, but for some reason these 75mg hit much harder than the others, even with the same dose.
I also prefer tramadol in oral drops, I put about 200mg in a bottle of sprite or some soda and I drink during the day, it's great

The hard part about answering this question is that, as we have seen here, some folks can tolerate several times the ceiling dose in a sitting while others might have problems with dosages even below the ceiling depending upon their natural liability to seizures.

All we can really say with confidence is that by pushing the limits you are taking a risk. We dont recommend going higher than 300mg-400mg in a sitting, because this seems to be a pretty common benchmark for things going wrong.
Agreed. There is also a medical condition called Serotonin Syndrome that can affect people which is not something anyone wants to get. My Pain Management doctor is pretty easy with the RX pad, but she will not prescribe me Tramadol over 300mg daily cause of that Syndrome. Please be careful & double check if you are on other meds that raise serotonin levels.

I was able to notice many differences in the effects of the different brands of tramadol. For example, the pills I have now are 75mg and are the best on the market (there are 20mg, 60mg and 80mg available) all instant release, but for some reason these 75mg hit much harder than the others, even with the same dose.
I also prefer tramadol in oral drops, I put about 200mg in a bottle of sprite or some soda and I drink during the day, it's great

What brand are those 75 mg? I have never seen pills of that dose, only 50mg. and 100mg. The problem with the drops is that they taste horrible haha I am not able to take them with Sprite or sodas, the taste is awful. I prefer to take them as a shot in a glass with a little water, at least that way you don't taste that shit so much haha.

Agreed. There is also a medical condition called Serotonin Syndrome that can affect people which is not something anyone wants to get. My Pain Management doctor is pretty easy with the RX pad, but she will not prescribe me Tramadol over 300mg daily cause of that Syndrome. Please be careful & double check if you are on other meds that raise serotonin levels.

Yes, at first I didn't know this and I was taking fluoxetine with tramadol. Luckily, nothing ever happened to me. They were low doses anyway.

What brand are those 75 mg? I have never seen pills of that dose, only 50mg. and 100mg. The problem with the drops is that they taste horrible haha I am not able to take them with Sprite or sodas, the taste is awful. I prefer to take them as a shot in a glass with a little water, at least that way you don't taste that shit so much haha.
They don't have a trade name, the box just says "tramadol" lol, it's from the John Martin lab.
They are all pills for veterinary use, remember that ... Here the pills for human use are 50mg for immediate release and 100mg for extended release.

They don't have a trade name, the box just says "tramadol" lol, it's from the John Martin lab.
They are all pills for veterinary use, remember that ... Here the pills for human use are 50mg for immediate release and 100mg for extended release.

Veterinary tramadol? Wow. The pills don't have any compound exclusively for animals? How many pills come per box? Do you buy it at the same vet? Do you buy multiple boxes or just 1 each time you need? Sorry for that many questions but I'm very curious haha.
I have never tried to buy tram from a vet.

Veterinary tramadol? Wow. The pills don't have any compound exclusively for animals? How many pills come per box? Do you buy it at the same vet? Do you buy multiple boxes or just 1 each time you need? Sorry for that many questions but I'm very curious haha.
I have never tried to buy tram from a vet.

Haha I have confidence with my veterinarian, I can go shopping whenever I want and the amount I want, but I can not give more information, sorry bro

Haha I have confidence with my veterinarian, I can go shopping whenever I want and the amount I want, but I can not give more information, sorry bro

Haha how lucky. I have to go from pharmacy to pharmacy buying a maximum of 2 boxes or it would be too suspicious. Once the guy from the pharmacy asked me why I ran out of tramadol so soon, so I had to lie to him and tell him that I had lost it lol.

Haha how lucky. I have to go from pharmacy to pharmacy buying a maximum of 2 boxes or it would be too suspicious. Once the guy from the pharmacy asked me why I ran out of tramadol so soon, so I had to lie to him and tell him that I had lost it lol.

Wow, but at least they sell tramadol over the counter in pharmacies there. Not here, if you want tramadol you must have a prescription or they will not sell it to you.

Wow, but at least they sell tramadol over the counter in pharmacies there. Not here, if you want tramadol you must have a prescription or they will not sell it to you.
Same here.

Back on topic. Within the last few weeks I took the most tramadol I have ever taken in a 24hr period. I actually lost count how much. I think it was at LEAST 900mg, maybe more. It was nearly a whole strip of 50mgs (there's 22 in a strip I think) 400mg within a few hours. Then 50 or 100mg increments throughout the day. I was in some of the worse pain I'd ever been in.
But I had taken at least 60mg of diazepam.
I had also taken zopiclone. And a small amount of codeine.
I did however drink some alcohol which probbaly wasn't wise. But I'm still here.

I still don't advise going over 3-400mg - especially without a benzo.

Same here.

Back on topic. Within the last few weeks I took the most tramadol I have ever taken in a 24hr period. I actually lost count how much. I think it was at LEAST 900mg, maybe more. It was nearly a whole strip of 50mgs (there's 22 in a strip I think) 400mg within a few hours. Then 50 or 100mg increments throughout the day. I was in some of the worse pain I'd ever been in.
But I had taken at least 60mg of diazepam.
I had also taken zopiclone. And a small amount of codeine.
I did however drink some alcohol which probbaly wasn't wise. But I'm still here.

I still don't advise going over 3-400mg - especially without a benzo.

But does alcohol such as benzos have anticonvulsant properties or am I wrong? How did you feel with those 900 mg. of tramadol? That's a lot of downers.