HPPD. posting again... any opinions on this?

Henkneedshelp

Greenlighter
Hey guys.

Im 19 and last weekend (4 days ago) i used ecstasy for the first time. I took less then 1/4 of a pill and 3 hours later 1/4 again. At most it was half a pill (not tested, i know thats really stupid).

I have done weed before but between every smoke there was about 1 to 2 weeks break.

Now my questions is do i have hppd?
The moment i woke up the next day of taking ecstasy i was scared that something was wrong with me. I had some blurred vision and a bit of a headache. So i started looking online and found out about HPPD. Now i am trying to see if i have the symptomsbthey discribe and guess what? i do have some of the symptoms.

I have the visual snow one but only if i focus on it but yea its still scaring me.

I do have afterimages but only when i look in really bright lights and itbonly stays for 0.5 second.

And some bright car light have like this star shape but i think i had that as a child aswell.

So yeah what do you guys think?

I also want to mention that during the trip i didnt halucinate so im not sure if i eveb can get hppd without having halucinated. And the trip was good.

The thing im most scared about is that i will never be able to drink a beer and smoke weed again. (i read that people with hppd cant to that anymore cause it increase the symptoms).

What i dont have is things morphing in stuff and i dont halucinate. I dont feel disconnected with myself.

Am i overthinking stuff or what?

Thanks for reading,
Henkneedshelp

if you have to ask "do I have hppd?" then either you don't have it or it is insignificant enough that it doesn't matter. When I look at the grass the blades shift around and align into elaborately written cursive words. objects spontaneously jump around the room and rapidly increase then decrease in size. I wish all I saw was 'bright colors'. Either way, the only thing that works is doing your best to forget about it. Your brain will adapt. Don't forget, anxiety makes hppd worse and hppd make anxiety worse. Try to keep yourself busy. Good luck.

Don't forget, anxiety makes hppd worse and hppd make anxiety worse.

Is that true? so basically the more i think of it the worse it will get. So that means anxiety can cause hppd even if you dont have hppd? please correct me if im wrong but this is what im getting out of it.

Its not quite that cut and dry. If you have HPPD, then anxiety does seem to exaggerate it. I've never heard of anxiety causing it and I'm one anxious fucker.

Your symptoms don't sound like it. The visual system is naturally glitchy and there are always imperfections present that our brain normally ignores. If you focus on your vision you will simply start to notice these things. I always see floaters ever since I first noticed them.

HPPD is really rare and I don't think you have it.

I've had hppd for 12 years now. Anxiety is very closely linked, they become a compound problem. Either one can exacerbate the other, in my experience. That was also common of other hppd sufferers I used to know from an online forum. Thats why I think the best solution is keeping yourself busy while your brain learns to adapt.

I didn't mean anxiety can cause hppd if you don't already have it. But if you do, the symptoms become more pronounced in times of high stress.