View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HPPD not much visuals but severe anxiety

Curious Charlie

Greenlighter
Hi guys I'm new here and not sure where to put this but basically 14 days ago I took magic truffles quite a high does of around 20 grams and the trip was gorgeous and I had a lot of fun lots and lots of laughing, then I was very stupid and decided I wanted to trip twice in the same week which was 10 days ago now and I ingested a legal high called e-trip which contains lsa, I took around 4 times recommend dose the trip had little visuals but a lot of headfuckery (I was in Amsterdam at the time alone I might add) I ended up freaking out I took way too much as the trip was just bizzare, I kept sort of half falling asleep them feeling really awake again, so I thought it would be wise to phone emergency services (stupid I know) they did nothing and knew nothing of what I ingested and told me to 'ride it out' so that's what I did, i put a wet cold towel on my head and tried to sleep which I did semi successfully, woke up the next day still feeling as I was tripping but pupils were undialated, I felt a lot of dp/dr when I moved my hands it felt as though my fingers were morphing/stretching, trails, I keep seeing things move in my peripheral vision and I just assumed I took a lot so I'm still tripping abit, managed to get my shit together and get on a flight home that night, met my gf back at my house and I tried smoking some weed and it had little effect and made me feel even more dr/dp, when I was watching tv it was like my eyes were working faster than 60fps and I could see every individual frame so it looks similar to a 1920's film, rather average tracers, no visual snow, and extreme anxiety (feelings of dread, closest thing I can compare it to is when you hear a family member has died) anyway that night and next few days I was having fever like symptoms with severe anxiety all day and night and I was extremely hot but I was shivering and felt extremely cold, luckily my gf was there otherwise I would never had noticed, I was fully clothed under my bed covers with the heating wayyy up, at this point I couldn't eat anything let alone get more than 2-3 hours of sleep but even that was really broken, after them couple days fever like symptoms completely gone, dp/dr got better don't even feel them now, but my anxiety is so so severe it almost doesn't feel like the anxiety I know as I used to suffer from a lot of social anxiety, and this anxiety is worst in the day where it comes and goes randomly but affects me majority of daytime 80-90% but when it's gets to night time say around 6pm normally everything goes I barely notice the trails, tv looks normal, no anxiety whatsoever, sleep is still very difficult and broken, and I get a slight migraine around 8 till the rest of the night, wake up in the morning I see some static in my room but when I'm out the door to work at 6 in the morning, that goes and I only see trails, trails get worse with anxiety aswell.

Anyway sorry for the long story but I need any advice anyone can give me on their experience cause I can't find anywhere of people who have symptoms worst in the daytime then gone at night, the anxiety is the worst part for me I find extremely difficult to not just breakdown, I have brokendown about 3 times now one time I wrote out my suicide not cause I thought I went insane and it was best to end it, but as I say my anxiety suddenly disappears at a certain time and doesn't return so I didn't go through with it, I also had psychotic episode today which was extremely distressing and I believe it was caused by CBD I was vaping for the first time but I won't get into all that at this moment.

So if anyone could help give me any advice on helping with the anxiety that would literally save my life I really can't cope it's a living hell.

Thank you guys

I hope you're feeling a bit better by now. If it helps, I had something similar many years ago. I feel much better now, and barely think of it anymore. It sounds like you're recovering from a lot of the visual symptoms much faster than me, so that's a good sign too. I think the panic of not knowing whether you're going to get better contributes to anxiety, which contributes to flare up of other symptoms. I think you will get completely better with time. It's going to suck, but things will get better. I would definitely suggest to stop smoking any kind of weed product! That should help you get better faster.

Abstinence is key. Hopefully you have recognised that legals are next to poision. Only since RC's have I had negative experiences with classic drugs, it simply isn't worth it.

As has been said, time is probably the most likely way that you're going to get over it. You just have to start working through those feelings of anxiety and essentially get used to them until they don't bother you anymore, and eventually they will stop coming up at all.... Anxiety is self-supporting like that, the more you think about it the worse it is. As for what happened to you during the trip, since it hasn't been said, for the record, nothing was wrong with you. LSA is known to cause both psychedelic and sedative effects, and some people even sleep through the first part. Beyond that, I really think it sounds like everything that happened to you was just the result of feeling anxiety during the trip, which can have a lasting negative effect on your psyche and cause psychosomatic symptoms if you let it.

How are you feeling now?

Hopefully you have recognised that legals are next to poision. Only since RC's have I had negative experiences with classic drugs, it simply isn't worth it.

The legal high they took contained LSA, an active chemical in morning glory and Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, not a research chemical. In addition, I have to defend the synthetics as well.... There's nothing inherently wrong with them as a whole just because some of them have turned out to be dangerous. Plenty of others as well, like many 4-substituted tryptamines, appear to be for all intents and purposes entirely safe comparable to LSD or mushrooms. Negative reactions such as lasting anxiety, HPPD, flashbacks, and so on have also been well documented as occurring from LSD and mushrooms for about as long as psychedelics have been widely publicly available as well, so I don't particularly see what happened here as likely being any different from what they can do.