View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

hppd important question

jaketheballer

Greenlighter
hey so i got hppd from 1/2 a tab of good lsd around 6 or 7 months ago. didnt really notice any symptoms until they got slightly worse because i smoked weed after a couple times. i still have what i would call minor hppd, and minor anxiety. but the thing that bothers me is that ever since i dropped the acid, i feel kind of different. like everything in my vision looks slightly different than it used to, or "off". people and things just move a little differently and look different than before, and i notice this worse in certain or brighter lighting. when i am in large crowds, the collection of voices sound different than before. i am pretty spaced out most of the time, and while not feeling like nothing is real or i am in a dream, things kind of have a dream like quality to them, especially when outside or in bright light. is this minor derealization? is this symptom part of the hppd, or am i permanently changed, or will it go away with time if i abstain from drugs for a while, when the hppd starts fading away?
plz help,
jake

i used to have hppd, mine was mainly visual disturbances. It lasted over a year but eventually faded and i abstained from psychedelics during that time

I have dealt with HPPD, and it can manifest differently to different people, but your description reminds me of some of my own experiences. I think the best treatment is rest, physical recreation, healthy diet & sleep, and most importantly, avoiding psychotropic substances, especially marijuana (IME). Meditation, focusing on the truth that you don't need to be afraid, and believing that you are still as whole as ever, just interface differently with the world for now. Most of the time HPPD is not permanent.

I had to laugh at my situation, and accept it for what it's worth.