View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HPPD? Feeling lost and don't know what to do

Sbpatz3r

Greenlighter
Hey. I believe I have self diagnosed hppd and I am very lost and confused on what to do... Exactly one month ago I took a 3/4 blotter of 25i-Nbome, my first psychedelic drug... Trip was alright but somewhat scary, clear headspace and weird face visuals. Four days later, I decided to take a full blotter of 25i, with a friend trip sitting me. It was fun, I saw cool visuals and patters on walls and cool colors but nothing that really stood out. Anyways, for a few days after i was seeing some of the light patterns I did before and it was odd but didn't annoy me too much... A few days after I had a moderate concussion by a football hit, and it really threw my visuals under the bus. They were so bad and I was feeling so awful I told my parents the morning after. Sleeping has become easier now but nights are still very difficult. The symptoms I have at this moment include
- light trails following things
-visual snow that isnt too bad but is awful at night
-floaters
-moving shadows
-I'll go out of focus and everything becomes darker
-Moving walls
-dp/dr
- I feel like I am hallucinating or perceiving faces or looking at things and they turn into something scary
-closed eye visuals
-depressed
Trouble focusing
Memory problems

Daytime the dp/dr is the same but visuals aren't bad
Night time visuals are awful and I can't stand it dp/pr pretty much the same

Tried working out (swim) yesterday and dp/dr took hold of me but I did get in 20 minutes.... Didn't really help too much

In the daytime I am usually a social person, still social now but I feel I've slipped and I just don't feel the same.. Also a lot of anxiety. But all the makeup work I have from the concussion is probably due to that. Doctor in the ER said I would be fine and the symptoms would be cleared up when I went about two weeks ago, but I feel as though my symptoms are getting a little worse

:)I would greatly appreciate all of your comments, I need advice because I don't know what to do...I'm really in a hole right now and just want my life back

Thank you for reading this far haha

Around 7 years ago I went though a short period were my hppd was really bad. I wasn't even using psychedelics heavily at all back then. Out of no were I'd start getting a rush of patterns and colors as well as getting the mental effects of a psychedelic trip. It wasn't just that I was anxious and paranoid; the head space I was in actually felt like a psychedelic. I felt depressed and very dissociated with the world. It eventually cleared up though

Try and keep your self occupied so you don't think about it. Stay away from all non-prescribed drugs even caffeine and especially weed; since that will make hppd act up bad and it should go away.

Actually, at least for the symptoms of DP/DR, you might try IV Narcan (Naloxone)...it's been used with some success for DP/DR...the, IMO, worst of your maladies...your depression and cognitive problems could also stem from DP/DR...I know, not the best advice, but the best I have to give.
I know Narcan isn't the easiest thing to procure, but they gave it to my GF after the third or fourth OD she had.

Last edited:
I don't believe this is HPPD.

Everything you listed is normal for someone that has suffered a concussion, your doctor should have explained this and prescribed something to help with sleep.

I've had several major concussions and all of them caused problems like you're describing. The only solution is to take it easy and give your body time to repair the damage that was done. Most of it will clear up in time and what doesn't will at least get a little better.

The important thing right now is to eat right, get enough sleep, and avoid having another concussion while you're still healing. Avoid using drugs for recreation for the time begin (yes that includes cannabis). If you tell your doctor about the problems you're having at night he'll most likely prescribe a benzo or something similar to help you through the first month or so.