PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HPPD at the age of 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilipLethman

Greenlighter
Sorry for slight repost but I'm just making some things clearer.

Firstly, I'm sure I have HPPD as I have all the symptoms for it 24/7 apart from halos so don't say that I might not have it as I'm 100% sure. Although I'd rather not mention my age as I'm too young for this to be happening to me, I'll say it as it could make things clearer for some people, I'm 15 years old, almost 16.
Since 5 months from now, I've had hppd from one tab of acid. My HPPD has been very strong and I can ignore it but there are moments where it gets very bad due to stress.
My friend took 2 of the tabs I took and had none of these such effects. I took them in a bad place (At my friends house in his room with parents next door.), which I know is stupid of me,
but I can't understand how I can have such sever HPPD from such a low dose of LSD. The trip lasted an unusual 18 hours and I got terrified towards the end when I had to speak to my parents on the substance without them realizing.
2 months into my HPPD i decided to take a quarter tab of acid to see if I could feel anything as I heard that the average person can almost not feel a quarter tab. I felt
some quite powerful effects and I'm thinking that LSD just hits me harder than usual. I need some advice on if I should consult someone. I can't tell my parents. I haven't done any drugs ( aside from
the occasion nos balloon) since but I do drink almost every weekend. I get negative after-images, bad visual snow on walls. What scares me the most is that when I stare at something still for
too long I can enter a trance state where I feel like I'm tripping but less powerfully, the shadows of objects move around and I see many strange transparent outlines that move out of place (hard to explain.)
If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it. It hasn't got any better or worse but I don't want this to remain permanently as it had an effect on my exams last year and I can't let it affect my exams
coming up in 6 months. Obviously, I will never take psychedelics again but I want to know weather alcohol makes hppd worse as I drink a lot and I really enjoy it. I'm a heavyweight to alcohol so I have never thrown up even after drinking some very large doses but I know my limits and I make sure I don't go too near them. But if alcohol has a bad affect on hppd I'll stop drinking. Also I always like to have cofee in the morning but I've stopped having it as it does boost my after images and visual snow by quite a bit. I need people to give me their opinions as I have never heard of hppd quite this bad after only one real trip which frankly frightens me and makes me think I have this for life. Can anyone tell me how long this might last?

I really hope this site allows this post even with my young age as I know some people here could help me.

You can't imagine how thankful I am for advice.

Last edited:
It's really important to take it easy on the alcohol at your age, especially after HPPD. The studies are pretty clear, drinking at your age really does affect long term cognition.

Taking it easy on alcohol and starting a cardio regimen along with mindfulness meditation is my advice for a long, healthy and happy life. If you're not going to cut back on drinking big time then definitely do the cardio and mindfulness. YouTube has good guided mindfulness meditations. There's also an app called Headspace that has 10 sessions that teach you the basics for free.

for me...i was much more sensitive to HPPD from psychs while an adolecent .....It eventually cleared up after two years of not tripping (still drinking and blazing). Now days (25 yr old and upward) I have been able to trip excessivley without any HPPD....i think your brain is just more sensitive to it while you are young....they say your brain doesn't stop developing until you are 25.

for me...i was much more sensitive to HPPD from psychs while an adolecent .....It eventually cleared up after two years of not tripping (still drinking and blazing). Now days (25 yr old and upward) I have been able to trip excessivley without any HPPD....i think your brain is just more sensitive to it while you are young....they say your brain doesn't stop developing until you are 25.

Then I wonder how my brain is doing, as I know indole psychedelics promote BDNF and NGF and Nootropics like noopept and L-Theanine does so too. I have done over 100 various indole psychedelics in the last 4 years and I am 19 and now taking LSD every week and using nootropics everyday incuding when I use LSD, I guess it would be fun to study my brain in a MRI to see the effects of massive indole psychedelic dose and regular use and regular use of nootropics at the age of 15 to 19 and keep going.

As for HPPD its not staying even if using psychedelics regularly, but IMO the best way to deal with it is to make it a part of you and use it as a tool for hypnosis to sleep, to distract when bored, to use to make life more beautiful.
Its just hallucinations it can't hurt you and is NOT a sign of brain damage at all its just that a part of your brain is sending messages to your visual corex while other people do not have that.
Your cortex will adapt with time and stop reading the message and start sending them back to your thalamus to be sent to another cortex that can actually read the message.
So if you make it a part of you it wont bother you and will eventually fade away with time, also anxiety increases the hallucinations as I think your visual cortex is recieving a part of your emotions.

This is a duplicate of your other thread. Please keep discussion in there

Status
Not open for further replies.