View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health HPPD any one else have it

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
I have HPPD Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (HPPD) is a chronic and non-psychotic disorder in which a person experiences apparent lasting or persistent visual hallucinations. I got it from smoking too much weed and taking lots of MDMA and acid at a young age it's not that bad now days but if I smoke a lot of weed it intensifys it my main hallucination is seeing what looks like static LED lights that bleep in and out of existence overlaying the back ground of everything would like to hear other people's experiences

Have u tried to stop using drugs for a while and see how that's affecting your HPPD? I think this is the only option to take if you want to reduce that. Furthermore I would not combine Drugs Like MDMA and LSD with Cannabis. When you look at the use of LSD in psychtherapy or the indigenous people using psychs, there have never been any reports of HPPD appearing.

Have u tried to stop using drugs for a while and see how that's affecting your HPPD? I think this is the only option to take if you want to reduce that. Furthermore I would not combine Drugs Like MDMA and LSD with Cannabis. When you look at the use of LSD in psychtherapy or the indigenous people using psychs, there have never been any reports of HPPD appearing.
Yea like I say if I cut down or abstinence from drugs which the longest that has been is three weeks since the age of twelve then it isn't as bad I'm not really worried about it as it doesn't affect my life in a negative way my vision is still really good it's just inesting and strange as I never had this when I was a kid so am just intrigued to hear of other people's experiences with this and what it means

I had HPPD for a couple years. I actually kinda enjoyed it in a way, felt harmless and seemed to make the world a little more interesting.

It did eventually go away with abstinence from psychedelics.

But weed effects me differently now, as is pretty common for people after heavy psychedelic use. Weed is a little bit too intense for me now, I have to keep my doses low. When I smoke weed I just want to get high and feel good, but now it's a psychedelic in it's own right and that's not what I want to use it for most of the time.

I had HPPD for a couple years. I actually kinda enjoyed it in a way, felt harmless and seemed to make the world a little more interesting.

It did eventually go away with abstinence from psychedelics.

But weed effects me differently now, as is pretty common for people after heavy psychedelic use. Weed is a little bit too intense for me now, I have to keep my doses low. When I smoke weed I just want to get high and feel good, but now it's a psychedelic in it's own right and that's not what I want to use it for most of the time.
I started smoking weed when I was 12 back then it use to give me closed eye visual after some bongs plus I use to get a really trippy body high not the case any more so i think it mainly from my early cannabis use

I started smoking weed when I was 12 back then it use to give me closed eye visual after some bongs plus I use to get a really trippy body high not the case any more so i think it mainly from my early cannabis use
I started at the same exact age!! And yeah, I remember it being incredibly psychedelic back then, very trippy body highs too! I remember I used to have borderline out of body experiences, but that stopped happening when I got a few years older.

They recently proved that early adolescent use of cannabis, both light and heavy use, is a fairly big risk factor developing schizophrenia later in life. Not saying that's what happened to you obviously, but I believe it was a factor in my mental break 4 years ago (which was caused by tryptamine psychedelics, but I feel like my early weed use may have played a part). I smoked weed pretty much every day from age 12-30, the only times I didn't was when I was in rehab or jail.

Weed really isn't totally harmless as pop culture loves to believe.

After chronic lsd and other psychedelic use, cannabis became kind of visual in a dark room and never really went back to normal. I wouldnt call it HPPD but some weird, very mild and highly enjoyable version of it. Im not complaining that's for sure lol!
Ever since my first trip in the 1970s I see patterns and pretty shapes melting into each other when I’m in a dark room or on a white wall. Gets even prettier when I smoke cannabis. But I am not sure this is what they call HPPD. It is not distressing, I would not trade it up and go back to where I was before my first trip.

I like looking at it like this, you can look up at the sky and see a splattering of stars. Or you can look up in the sky and see all kinds of constellations and Celestial patterns. But again just because I have enjoyed this effect for years I am not sure if this qualifies as HPPD. Thankfully there was not the Internet around for me to worry myself over this when I was younger ha ha.

I can for sure see things when I look at a white wall, like a very light trip is always going on in the background. :) But yeah it is not distressing and probably not the same as HPPD which seems to stress out some people.

But yeah it is not distressing and probably not the same as HPPD which seems to stress out some people.
That's the thing, by the DISM definition it's supposed to be distressing and impactful on functioning, and I can't think of one person with HPPD symptoms who considers it distressing. Usually interesting, neutral, or mildly annoying at best.

Personally I think the definition should be changed.

I started at the same exact age!! And yeah, I remember it being incredibly psychedelic back then, very trippy body highs too! I remember I used to have borderline out of body experiences, but that stopped happening when I got a few years older.

They recently proved that early adolescent use of cannabis, both light and heavy use, is a fairly big risk factor developing schizophrenia later in life. Not saying that's what happened to you obviously, but I believe it was a factor in my mental break 4 years ago (which was caused by tryptamine psychedelics, but I feel like my early weed use may have played a part). I smoked weed pretty much every day from age 12-30, the only times I didn't was when I was in rehab or jail.

Weed really isn't totally harmless as pop culture loves to believe.
Weed is good for chilling but no its not completely without negatives for me it's makes me eat too much junk and makes me lazy and socially withdrawn as well a little clumsy and forgetfull as well as bad for your lungs and can make me moody but it's hell of a lot better than alcohol and hard drugs

Ahhhh yes , self diagnosing HPPD on the internet was big for a while there hahah
lol yeah, a few years ago it seemed like every random 20 year old who did LSD a few times was constantly talking about their HPPD. I noticed that, too.

Maybe it's something to do with underlying nature of reality hahaha I had a mate who did so much acid when he came to this festival with me he was sober he complained that it was two bright out due to all the acid he had taken in the past and he also said that he sometimes cam see auroras around objects bizzarec

I kind of think its a junk term in general, like in lack of a better explantion they just made up some generic syndrome.

It def exists, i get some of the symptoms att various times.
Usually depends of how much drugs ive done in that period etc.
Ive never had any long term issues after being sober for awhile.
Although i have no reference since its impossible to know how you would be if you never did any drugs.