• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Howmany have IVed Methylphenidate?

I used to IV it alot, and I mean alot.

60x10mg apo pills (clear shot, tiney pills min fillers)
and
60x20mg apo yellow pills (same deal)
Per session average

40mg is a rush, but nothing compared to IV coke, I used to just punk scripts off kids when I was in highschool when coke wasnt around, I'd do 60-70mg shots at a time (these pills didnt gunk up too bad, 40units for 7 pills. lose about 5 units in the gunk.

Its fun, but definitaly lacking, I only did it when i had min 30, any less and its a baaaaaaaaaad idea (the jonse) the shit makes you go fucking CRAZY when you run out and you wont sleep for days.

Yep good times.

Moonmixer said:
"I've done it a lot. I'd crush the pills and add saline to make about a 20mg/ml solution and shake shake shake then filter with a 0.22 micron wheel into a sterile vial and use as desired. ~30mg is a pretty impressive rush."

Is it not horribly dangerous to IV pharmaceutical pills due to fillers and binders that can clog the bloodstream? That's just what I've always heard.
Did you miss the part where he said 0.22 micron wheel filter and sterile vial?

For the sake of harm reduction: Don't shoot up Methylphenidate or any pill for that matter!

Snort it, swallow it, parachute it, plug it but don't IV pills since they have a lot of binder and filler in them which is dangerous to IV, I think your tolerance would skyrocket as well, not a lot of fun considering snorting builds up tolerance like crazy for me. :( Might to take a break from snorting since 50 mg doesn't touch me anymore...

Oh and on-topic: I have never IVed Methylphenidate, I try to stay away from the needle as far as possible since I know I have an addictive personality :)

I don't understand the common misconceptions and belittling of Methylphenidate. Some people commonly scoff that it isn't recreational, isn't addictive, isn't any better than caffeine, etc.

It's a Schedule II stimulant, same as Methamphetamine, Cocaine. Produces effects similar to Amphetamine, with less euphoria and shorter acting with some more side effects, but certainly more euphoric and stimulating (re:pleasurable) than drugs like Phentermine, Diethylpropion, Propylhexedrine, Ephedrine, etc

It is also very popular among several different ethnic groups and subcultures. One study showed that black stimulant abusers in Chicago prefer IV Methylphenidate to all other drugs, including Meth, Cocaine, etc (White stimulant abusers preffered IV Phenmetrazine/Phendimetrazine).

Actually, I prefer methylphenidate to every other stimulant. So nice and clean.

Phenmetrazine sounds wonderful, but I've never had it.

Unfortunately it's not really available anymore (technically is, CII) due to other lesser stimulant diet drugs becoming more popular.

Its metabolite, Phendimetrazine [ CIII ] is used much more than its parent drug, though still less than Phentermine and co.

Had Phendimetrazine once. Very euphoric with a much smoother comedown and bigger payoff than the Amphetamines, plus much less severe side effects.

Yeh a couple if times. Fucking fantastic IV'd however ive never shot coke but by far one of the best drug experiences ive had. I shoot ice (meth) and its shorter lassting and different but much more reurophoric. I only ever did 20mg though.

Problem is that its not easy to filter, I found pre filerering with cotton will twice, the second time compessing the cotton using a 3ml syringe. Warming it in a spoon then usng a .22 micron filter worked but i was probably losing as lot as the drug was likely still not seperated from the binders and was being caught int he filter. Also u need more water than is desirable, 2 piece fit ect - at least the way I was doing it.

I heard of a study done among heavy drug users who rated insufflicated rit better than coke so i guess its down to personal opinion.

DO NOT FUCK AROUND WITH PILLS, SHOOTING IS A RISK TO START WITH, SHOOTING TRASHED AND RUSHING MEAN YOU CUT CORNERS AND THE RISK IS EXPONENTIALLY HIGH.

Note im even very critical of the accepted way of shooting the ice we get here, which is mixing in the bag and drawing up no filter. I always filter mine and drugs espially iv'ing is a sensative and personal thing. I have my own rules and right or wrong at least if i break them i can say 'watch out; to myself.

Get HIGHHHH

^ Where are you located?

Here in Brisbane, I've known a few people to shoot speed (cut to shit meth) by drawing it out of the bag, sometimes even heating it up in the bag. Most of the time they used filters, but sometimes not... they shot me up a couple of times but once I could do it myself I didn't let them anywhere near me.

I spent one night having a big binge on it. Eventually decided it felt a bit like coke, minus the numb mouth, and also minus a lot of the euphoria. Plus, it lasts fucking AGES, so while you're redosing every few minutes like it's coke, you're building up a shit ton of the stuff in your body and you're going to be awake feeling like death for absolutely AGES.

I would never, ever do it again - threw out all the shit I had after I tried taking just one orally and realised that even that makes you feel like absolute ass - honestly it was like having low level flu or something.

Vile fucking drug - don't bother, IMO.

i tried it once it was utter and complete crap to be honest it has none of the euhoria that the coke rush does have just the fast heart beats:\

i have... dexmethylphenidate mainly... d,l-mph work almost as good but just d-mph is the best way to go when shooting IME. 10-30mg feels like a shot of cocaine more so than a shot of amphetamine. it gives a nice euphoria that can become quite addicting like shooting C. filter a lotta times thru qtip cotton. like 5-8 times.

Hope we may have some thought

I actually studied this case/Profesional Journal as Undergrad to UMD, as an abnormal psych major.

I can tell you first hand that the effects that methylphendidate have on the brain...'highjacking' we sometimes to refer it to is NEARLY NEARLY identical to cocaine. Depending on the favored method intake (intranasally, inhallation, or intravenous) then result on the neurocheimal pathways that the brain utilizes and completely highjacked. This includes the dopamine reward system, the seretonin neurotransmission, as well as the perhaps the most criticial.....The psychological withdrawl. Cocaine has most notorious reputation for its evil and relentless scream to its slaves. It is this psychological prison that is this addiction in a nut shell.

I don't understand the common misconceptions and belittling of Methylphenidate. Some people commonly scoff that it isn't recreational, isn't addictive, isn't any better than caffeine, etc.

It's a Schedule II stimulant, same as Methamphetamine, Cocaine. Produces effects similar to Amphetamine. I.E., the large releases of post administed dopamine and seratonin as a result of the neurocheimcal changes of the brain chemistry; in effect initiaten alterations in important fucntions of the higher brain with regards to behavioral, mood, euphoria.

The comparisons between methyylphenidate has been show to produce a nearly indesquishiable effects on dopamingeric as well sertotin system of brain when compared to cocaine. This applies to both invivo as well as invitro examinations. Furthermore as well as in real social settings.

From Science Direct: Methylphenidate and cocaine have a similar in vivo potency to block dopamine transporters in the human brain

Both drugs induced similar increases in heart rate and blood pressure but the duration of the effects were significantly longer for methylphenidate than for cocaine. The similar in vivo potencies at the DAT for methylphenidate than for cocaine are in agreement with their reported relative in vitro affinities (Ki 390 nM and 640 nM respectively), which is likely to reflect the similar degree of uptake (8–10% of the injected dose) and regional distribution of these two drugs in the human brain. Thus, differences in the in vivo potency of these two drugs at the DAT cannot be responsible for the differences in their rate of abuse in humans. Other variables i.e. longer duration of methylphenidate's side effects may counterbalance its reinforcing effects.

Nora D. Volkow1, 2, , , Gene. -Jack Wang1, Joanna S. Fowler1, Marian Fischman3, Richard Foltin3, Naji N. Abumrad4, Samuel J. Gatley1, Jean Logan1, Cristopher Wong1, Andrew Gifford1, Yu-Shin Ding1, Robert Hitzemann2 and Naomi Pappas1

NOW, so while short term immediate effects may at times be indisquishiable between cocaine hcl + 'cut', the long term effects vary greatly. These variances may be a result of many faactores to include; social atmosphere, socioeconomic status, familial up bringing, the individuals' or group thereof's overall outlook on life as well as many other social and evironmental factors.

In closing I must reiterate the massive differences between street drugs with respect to their illegall manufactoring or distribution precoess, as well as tough efficacy in luei of these realities.

Methylphenidate is a highly controlled medication and is listed as a schedule II narcotic. The only othe rdrugs approved by the FDA with higher regulation are certain 'illicit' drugs used for very extreme cercumstances, as well as some narctoics, as well as pure methamphetamin (desoxyn), LSD, as well as other drugs with a extremely high probability of abuse or misuse.

Addy

Last edited:
Interesting... but this thread was started more than four years ago. I seem to remember user "methacontin" was a big fan of IV Ritalin. His game didn't play out too well.

Are you spelling hijack that way to be cute?

PS- Don't shoot nasty pills.

Interesting... but this thread was started more than four years ago. I seem to remember user "methacontin" was a big fan of IV Ritalin. His game didn't play out too well.

Are you spelling hijack that way to be cute?

PS- Don't shoot nasty pills.

Of course im not trying to be cute friend. In fact, after haveing scripts for focalin, dexadrine, adderall, and desoxyn; I have found the most euphoria with alcohol and iv 60mg rits.

I just banged 60mg about 20min ago in fact.

Addy

i have... dexmethylphenidate mainly... d,l-mph work almost as good but just d-mph is the best way to go when shooting IME. 10-30mg feels like a shot of cocaine more so than a shot of amphetamine. it gives a nice euphoria that can become quite addicting like shooting C. filter a lotta times thru qtip cotton. like 5-8 times.

I have tried the focalin on many occassions and have never seen it solubule in a reasonable solution. There is just soo much precipitate from my experience I would rather use twice the rits.

Addy

I have one time and I totally regret doing it. Ritalin/methyphenidate is a very shitty stim. SHur its cheap so I guess its good for ppl who cant afford good ones. But ppl who say the rush is like cocaine are fucking wrong. IV cocaine is like 50x better then IV methyphenidate. Although someone who have 0 tolerance to stimulants can actually get a decent rush/ high off it IV. But the odds are someone who has 0 tolerance to stims is not going to inject methylphenidate. Thats usually something that happens after you already have done a fair amount of drugs.

Ohh yeah and the comedown from methyphenidate is sooo bad. The high is like 20-45mins and the comedown is like 3-4hours. WHile cocaine is like a 10-45min high and the comedown is like 1-2hours and less intense then methyphenidate. Overall the comedown from methyphenidate outweighs the positive effects you get from it,making it not worth taking. On the other hand ecstasy is like that except the 4hour high is the best in the world so its worth the massivly bad/long comedown.

i am afraid of shoot it, i shooted many sheet before, but that retine problem reported gives me strange thoughts! tomorrow or after cames my suply of ritalin, i will snort or plug it, shooting it no worth the risks...i think