• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How we rolled in the 90s when the pills were super strong

i read something the other day about this. this guys on PR was basically saying he believes it has something to do with using different precursors to synth it. he said back in the 90's they used safrole to synth it. nowa days they use more PMK to synth it. he said it had to do with large amounts of safrole being siezed so the cooks had to come up with a different precursor to synth it. basically he was saying there is a differnce in the MDMA made with safrole compared to being made with PMK. not sure if this theory holds water but it sounded good when i was reading it last night lol.

That sounds like a very good theory - after all safrole is like importing an illegal drug almost, it makes sense.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10353130

i read something the other day about this. this guys on PR was basically saying he believes it has something to do with using different precursors to synth it. he said back in the 90's they used safrole to synth it. nowa days they use more PMK to synth it. he said it had to do with large amounts of safrole being siezed so the cooks had to come up with a different precursor to synth it. basically he was saying there is a differnce in the MDMA made with safrole compared to being made with PMK. not sure if this theory holds water but it sounded good when i was reading it last night lol.

Yeah that's true, safrole is a lot harder to get than it was back in the day, but a ton of MDMA is still made with safrole... it's the stuff with a brown tint to it. Especially in the NL, the sassafras comes in from Asia and that's usually the first stop...

So it would explain something, but not how EVERY batch of MDMA since '07 has been different...

yeah i think your probably right Folley. but it sounded really good when he said it. not to mention he is dutch. i dont know what PMK is though. fuck i wish i knew everything.

Yeah that's true, safrole is a lot harder to get than it was back in the day, but a ton of MDMA is still made with safrole... it's the stuff with a brown tint to it. Especially in the NL, the sassafras comes in from Asia and that's usually the first stop...

So it would explain something, but not how EVERY batch of MDMA since '07 has been different...

Just out of curiosity, would an acetone wash on a brown batch change the colour?

Yup! That brown is a direct sign of impurities and other nasty synthesization byproducts that are potentially toxic..

An acetone wash is probably the best thing you could do to clean it, from home at least. Yeah it should leave you with white crystals

Regardless of the route used you still end up with the same product, MDMA. There's only one type of MDMA.

You'll all be going on Isomers next...

i always thought the brown or yellowish tint was ok. alot of the mdma i see has this off color to it. hardley ever do i see it pure white crystals. is it really that bad for it to have some color to it?

Regardless of the route used you still end up with the same product, MDMA. There's only one type of MDMA.

You'll all be going on Isomers next...

are you a chemist? do you have any knowledge of chemistry at all? not being a dick i was just curious as to how you know this FOR SURE>

are you a chemist? do you have any knowledge of chemistry at all? not being a dick i was just curious as to how you know this FOR SURE>

I don't know for sure and I have next to no chemistry knowledge. But surely there's only one type of MDMA, it's exactly the same regardless of using Safrole or whatever. Hopefully a chemist can comment on this at some point...

neither me or you know that for sure. yeah i wish a chemist would drop some knowledge though. its kinda like saying minute made and tropicana OJ are the same. they are both Orange Juice but they are not the same orange juice.

i always thought the brown or yellowish tint was ok. alot of the mdma i see has this off color to it. hardley ever do i see it pure white crystals. is it really that bad for it to have some color to it?

A bit amount of brown is OK, that's normal. But I mean if it's completely brown like poop you'd want to do a wash on it.

MDMA = MDMA dude, isomers don't get changed, and no matter what synthesis you do you end up with MDMA... it's never any different, at least if you have the pure chemical.

Pure MDMA is always pure MDMA, and nothing else. Any differences you notice between them are due to byproducts, or set and setting, which will always play a huge part in how the pills effect you.

Folley i thought you said isomers have been changed before. someting about the red defqons being different somehow? i thought you said something about the isomers? i forget bro.

Yeah, the Defqons... a pill that comes from a professional press with equipment that costs tens of thousands of dollars. It's extremely hard to do that though, so no normal presser would EVER do it.

When you make MDMA, you make the racemic, that means both isomers are in exactly equal parts. You can make one isomer if you want instead, but if you want to have a ratio of the two you would need to make them seperatly and mix them in a certain ratio

Well all I can say is the pills early 90s vs todays pills in UK/Europe are somewhat different. PMK being used and the BBC news link I posted earlier indicated that hardly any pills tested + for MDMA. We're getting MDxx and made from PMK most likely. Maybe the isomers are the difference, maybe the PMK is the difference but we know that there is a DIFFERENCE.

The Green Squares are the closest thing to old skool pills and another separate source said the same thing. So maybe it's going in the right direction if you can get hold of the right stuff. Sadly though a lot of people now just drink. They don't do E or smoke weed and this won't drive the chemists to produce better pills or the dealers to seek out the best stuff.

yeah that sounds like a pain lol. but what your saying is that they DID in fact do this with the red defqons? i think it could be true cause i was ssooooooooooooooo monged out on those. dont get me wrong it was probably they MOST euphoric roll of my LIFE but it was different than ANY pill iv taken by long shot. all i could do was just lay down on my back an keep taking BIG deep breathes. it was AMAZING for sure. but i had very low energy and not they usual empathy and the eye wiggles at all. very odd but very good roll indeed.

but we know that there is a DIFFERENCE.

lol no we don't

as someone who rolled from 95 to this year i can tell you the pills are the same today as they were back then. just wasnt really any crap in them back then like there is today... plain and simple...

If you're not even getting MDMA pills of course their not the same as the pills from the 90s dude

Well all I can say is the pills early 90s vs todays pills in UK/Europe are somewhat different. PMK being used and the BBC news link I posted earlier indicated that hardly any pills tested + for MDMA.

That article was dated 2010 and was highlighting that most were pipes, it wasn't saying synth routes led a different MDXX, but rather led to chemists switching to making pipes.