• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How we are treated by healthcare professionals

feelingood7282

Bluelighter
Users & Previous users .If u could talk to Healthcare providers, how would u tell them you would like to be treated? ( I'm a user working on a project trying to change healthcare policy in how we are treated, discriminated against,etc.) Ty for ANY response!!!

I'd just want practical help. Why aren't there taper kits for benzos and opiates? They don't even have to be unique. Just sell kits of 1 mg decrements from 5 or 10mgs down to 1 or .25 or whatever. If you need a longer taper just get more kits and take the same mg pills consecutive days.

Users & Previous users .If u could talk to Healthcare providers, how would u tell them you would like to be treated? ( I'm a user working on a project trying to change healthcare policy in how we are treated, discriminated against,etc.) Ty for ANY response!!!

Without prejudice. So *first* think of each patient's potential ailments and needs without the thought of "drugs" or "addiction" clouding thoughts of diagnosis or treatment. Then recontextualize with the drug/addiction consideration after that initial process. Doing it this way round is likely to lead to a more fruitful and productive experience for both.

It really makes me sick though how i got treated in the psych ward and how i see others treated in there as well. There where lot's of people in there coming off drugs because the head shrink seemed to hate drug addicts. She even diagnosed myself and another guy as having weed psychosis when in fact i had cotards syndrome and the other guy was actually psychotic because of meth and likely would have been in and out in days had they given them any antipsychotics. But they just generally treated everyone like shit in there anyway.

Also i have noticed a difference in how opiate addicts are treated versus how coke users are treated. I had my shrink in the psych ward call me down to the dirt for using opiates. Meanwhile when i had a coke seizure and ended up in the ER the staff where actually joking with me and one nurse said must have been some good coke then. Also my gp and shrink didnt even bring up my coke seizure so if they did see that on my record they didnt care. Personally if i was a doctor i would be alot more concerned with my patient using coke rather then opiates

Had an appointment with my new neurologist and he was harsh. He saw i was on methadone in the past and even though my urine sample was ok he said he don't feel comfortable giving me my hydromorph script so he gave me a choice, go back on methadone or go daily to pick up my script starting next week. He asked why i asked my old doc to give them weekly instead of monthly. Told him that i did that so if i lost my script or was nauseous and throwing them up that i wouldn't be weeks with nothing for pain. I almost cried. I'm finally at a point where life is going good. I told my boyfriend to hold my script and give them to me daily, swore off the needle and honest to god wasn't going to abuse them anymore.
Now because he don't want an od on his hands, i'm going to have to go daily.
Soon as i got home i did a shot and called my old dealer to buy hydros as going daily isn't always an option. I have 2 trips in the new year out of country so i don't know how that's going to work.
Just feel absolutely defeated. I have MS so not like i was drug seeking. Now i got to explain to my guy why i have to go daily and he's gonna wonder why.
That doctor just made everything worse just when i started to sort myself out. What's the point of trying when i'm just labeled a junkie.
The doctor is just setting me up to fail, my old doctor was great but this new guy is very judgemental and all he's doing is making my situation worse.

People going in for mental health get basically zero help as well, like hoop after hoop.

This goes same as a simple gallbladder surgery..first ER didn't do shit, just a lil morphine, fluids and SEE YA! JUST GO BACK YO YOUR GI OR PRIMARY just for them to be like hmm idk let's set up another appointment for your anxiety meds(not benzos) and finally went to a different ER got the gallbladder out and only received 10 5mg pills, that's 50mg of fuck you. This was not my surgery but was so angry about the hoops to get the help we needed and also get bi polar med in place all while cold Turkey of a previous anti depressant. Like seriously what the hell is going on? No one should have to suffer from anti depressant withdrawal and be forced to take FMLA all because person could not drive or take care of kids all because therapist or primary can't schedule for bi-polar appointment until 3 months from now GTFO this is how and why some folks blow their fuckin brains out or tie it off.

They need to stop with messing with patients with chronic pain..they should not be treated this way because of an epidemic, the way they are going about it is causing more suicides and OD because they had no choice but to hit the streets for adequate pain relief. It is a human right to get adequate health care and pain relief period. Go after the drs trying to push out too many on verge of pill mill, don't fucking castrate the patients, seriously what the fuck?