• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to withdraw?

whoracle699

Greenlighter
Hello all. I am planning on quitting all opioid abuse and need your advice. I bought a bunch of stuff that supposedly will make the experience less painful but I do no t know anything about how much to use, how often, how to taper and when, etc.

So I am kicking a serious fentanyl habit.
I have klonopin and xanac
Tramadex 200
Lyrica 300
Oxycontin 40
Clonodine 150
Loperamide 2mg

Please he'll 🙏

Please be careful.
I don't want to sound rude, but if you don't know what each and every drug is used for, or the dose you should take, your walking a VERY dangerous line.
None of them will make it painless.
And dose and side effects can vary person to person.
Please, take whatever time you need, ask around, find a good doctor you can talk to, and who you trust. Let them help you through it.
There are so many derivatives of Fentanyl, and countless other drugs people use for cut, we don't know what we're doing anymore...

I can tell you, that if you try going at this blind, or by asking for tips on the internet, you'll probably do more harm than good.
Possibly end up dead.

It's real easy to fall for some new fad, some off the wall remedy others swear by, that is supposed to help you through the worst.
You may feel ok for a day or 2.
Then out of nowhere, find yourself in terrible withdrawals, and OD, just trying to feel better again.
We are not doctors..
We have no idea what's in the stuff we're using.
Please, find a licensed detox, or doctor that specializes in drug abuse.
I guarentee you, that WILL be the easiest way to go. Not saying they have a special potion, or secret meds..
But they can get you to the other side, without risking your life...

As for tapering....
I can help you with that..
May not be the easiest thing to do...
But it's the easiest to explain.

The best way, is to save a ton of money, buy a bunch of the same stuff..
The same batch, mix, etc....
you want the same quality through out the entire process.

Start using the same amount, at the same times, every day.
Slowly, decrease your intake...
Give your body time to adjust to the changes..
Just go slow... you can adjust the drop in dose, according to how you feel, or how much pain you can take.
But stick to your plan, no matter what.
If you have one single bad day, choose to use just a tad more, to get you thruough....
You just set yourself back, big time.

Fentanyl is a totally different beast.
it can stay in your system 3,4 times longer than natural opiates. And, it can be hundreds of times stronger... Plus, be mixed with many other drugs, to make you think it's good dope.

My one buddy has been using over 15 years.
He couldn't tell you the good from the bad.
If his eyes close, and he nods off....
He thinks it's the best dope in the world.
Give him the smallest amout of opiate, barley enough to keep the sick off, mixed with a bunch of Xanax, to make him nod out, fall over and crack his head 10 times an hour....
He'll tell the whole block, it's the best D in the world...

Please forget about all the helpers you accumulated, and get some real help..
Instead of searching for tricks and short cuts all over the internet, read about how opiates affect your brain, and how a drugs half life works.
Start eating healthy and exercising. Get your body ready for the real fight of your life.

There's no special pill, secret remedy, or mommy's little helper, to make it painless.
YOU have to decide you want a better life, and be willing to go through anything to get it.

I can't say it's easy.
But once you really choose to do it, keep telling yourself all the pain your going through is only temporary, it is gonna get better soon...
Know, there is a better life at the end of the tunnel..
You can do it.

We're just so used to running out, grabbing that little bag of garbage, the second we start feeling sick, it's hard to break that habit.

You body and your mind will play tricks on you.
You have to stay strong.
I'm in a bad spot now...
But I was, and I'm still amazed, at how powerful your thoughts can be.
Yes. The drugs do a number on you, as they leave your system, but your body will remember how to function on its own. The pain is only temporary.
With the right help, guidance, and some minor medicine from doctor, who knows what they're doing, and honestly cares about you as a person, you can get clean again. A few scripts from the doctor, to help with cramps, vomiting, diarrhea, etc... and the will power to get clean again.
You will make it to the other side.

You can convince yourself it's just the drugs, playing tricks on your mind.
That you actually feel ok, and not don't have to lay on the floor, curled up in a ball, fighting the temptation to fly out the door to cop again.
our brains have so much untapped power than we could ever know.

You can talk yourself in and out of feeling sick.
You may not be 100% but if you honestly believe it's just your mind playing games, it can be easier.

Good luck

My last withdrawals were basically cold turkey or almost cold and for me, even though the pain and suffrring is a lot, in the end it makes me appreciate the fact that i made it through the other side without relapsing and make me wanna keep being sober...and since im in a place where the only meds for withdrawal otc are imodium, my last time was quite better, taking a medium to high dose, bit be warned not to go overboard with it, cause i felt a significant strain on the heart...dont remember my dose, but the other really helpful otc med is dextromethorphan...it really takes off the edge of the turkey and shortens the withdrawal time

My last withdrawals were basically cold turkey or almost cold and for me, even though the pain and suffrring is a lot, in the end it makes me appreciate the fact that i made it through the other side without relapsing and make me wanna keep being sober...and since im in a place where the only meds for withdrawal otc are imodium, my last time was quite better, taking a medium to high dose, bit be warned not to go overboard with it, cause i felt a significant strain on the heart...dont remember my dose, but the other really helpful otc med is dextromethorphan...it really takes off the edge of the turkey and shortens the withdrawal time

Cant fault Immodium for the runs, but I haven't noticed any significant mitigation of opioid withdrawals from using them. Then again, some folks on here say they have though the doses they speak of are massive and come with their own symptoms. They can seriously block you up badly to the point of having to have en enema and/or a hospital visit. I would definitely recommend it as part of a detox kit for those acutes though, along with motillium and gabapentin (an absolute life-saver when taken responsibly). What dose were you taking?

As for DXM, that'd be a no go for myself - its only ever proved to pronounce my withdrawal symptoms to the point where I'd be making calls. What dose as regards the DXM?
shortens the withdrawal time
By how long? In my experience, a typical cold turkey lasts (at the very least) anywhere from 10-14 days before it begins to make improvements. I'd be interested to know by how long, even though it's not a route I'd be willing to take. I've just never heard of anyone being able to 'shorten' the withdrawal period. Lyrica will certainly get you through it without wanting to run out the door trying to score in a blind state of desperation but it doesn't shorten it I haven't found.

Last edited: