• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How to Withdraw off Lorazepam

No. 13 Baby

Bluelighter
when I've been taking doses of 0.5mg - 1mg on and off since 3 weeks ago, but 1 mg every night for the last 3 nights or so

I'm schizophrenic too, so keep that in mind

On and off? and 3 weeks of use only?

You shouldn't experience anything more than rebound anxiety and slight bodily discomfort. Don't do this cold turkey though. I'd say only take .5 when you feel the rebound anxiety and see how long you can go without taking any more. You might not even encounter any kind of withdrawal. However, I suggest not doing a longer taper because you don't have to worry about seizures and the longer you're dosing with this stuff the more your brain will become dependent on it. This is a good time to get out by the way, as your body isn't fully dependent on it yet. Your doses are very small. All you'll feel is additional anxiety for a bit. I've felt it from the same drug. It's not pleasant but I didn't have to medicate it with other drugs.

Thanks

the main reason I started this is because of depersonalization, but it seems like whenever I take a lower dose than 1 mg, the depersonalization comes right back. But maybe that depersonalization-from-lowered-dose only happened that one time? Feel like I can't go a night without it, but I'll take some extra black seed oil maybe.

You can definitely cold turkey 1mg/day with no physical risk. It may be unpleasant but after only 3 days of use that's not a very well developed habit... yet.

Best thing to do is... stop taking them. Take 0.5mg if you absolutely must, but try not to take more than 0.5mg in any 24 hour span. Then push that to 36 hours, then 48 hours, then you're probably off them.

actually, can I just take 0.25mg/day for a few months and be fine?

fuck depersonalization and fuck nofap flatlining

If you take even .25 daily you'll definitely have rebound anxiety I can be sure of that. Ativan is a fairly weaker benzo. The WD can mess people up but the doses aren't usually high with users like they seem to be with klonopin/xanax which seem to be more euphoric and abused. I think it depends on how much you actually need them. Lorepazem isn't really recreational per say but it does have a time and place and if you're just using it for comfort it can be crappy to have mild benzo dependency. Rebound anxiety doesn't seem so bad but it's always an ass when you're going through it. So just saying that .25 is a small dose and fine, but you'd still experience something briefly after cessation imo.

I took like 2 milligrams everyday for about 2 weeks because I was going through a rough painkiller withdrawal situation and couldn't sleep. The rebound anxiety was like mild panic attacks for a week here and there even from that.