• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How to use suboxone - the truth

B

Bubsnt3

Honestly this will probably get deleted, and I will be called unresponsible, wreck less, and/or just wrong. But I have had a lot of experience with this, and after going through precipitated withdrawal several times, while still so adamant on quitting I continued to take suboxone, I have had a lot of experience with this and think I can help some people. I haven't heard this anywhere else so I assume there are few on here who have actually experimented with this as much as I have- or just repeat what they are told.

If you want to take suboxone without precipitated withdrawal, take it while you are high. The only way I have ever not experienced precipitated withdrawal is by shooting a quarter gram, or more, getting very buzzed, and then taking 8mg. Then go to sleep, the next morning take your shot (quarter mg or similar) and then 15-30mn later take another 8mg. By the next day you will be able to take your 8mg without any withdrawal at all.

The science that supports this:
1. Anyone who has taken suboxone will tell you it takes a few days before you do not feel d while on suboxone. What does this mean? A single dose is not enough to fill all of your opiate receptors. We are just taking advantage of this.
2. Buprenorphine has a very high binding affinity for the mu receptor, and all receptors, but less for the other. The other receptors have as much to do with withdrawal as the mu so the D has a better chance at competing, and thus preventing deactivation/withdrawal at those sites

Whatever the reason, when you are low on full agonists, but not empty, suboxone is he'll for about 4 hours after you take it. If you can wait until you are fully empty it will help you. If you are like me and never go into withdrawal so even the thought of it scares you, NEVER wait until you are coming down (just wake up in the morning, etc.) Because you don't have enough of a full agonist to compete. But, if you plan it out, buy a gram, do half and take a pill- go to sleep and do half and take another pill, you will actually skip all of the withdrawal. When you take the pill you will actually feel your buzz leaving as it kicks in- which sucks, but it is better than full on withdrawal.

I hope this post makes it- it would have helped me.

Thanks.