• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How To Use SHORT Tip Insulin Needles? HELP!

420MeganIsSavage69

Greenlighter
Ok so I'm mainly used to using the EXTRA long needles when I shoot up and right now ALL I have are the short tip insulin needles and no way of getting any of my usual long tips.. I don't know if it's because I have deep veins or what exactly but i've missed twice BAD today using the shorts and finally had to have my home girl hit me (embarissing)! Is there anything different that you have to do when shooting up with the short tips vs. the extra long ones?? Please help me lol.

Yes. Use surface veins. Like on your hands.

You aren't going to be able to hit deep veins that you normally hit with an extra long needle. If you're gung-ho on using a deeper vein then you might have to go in more like a 90 degree angle or close to it.

Basically different tips are for different veins. Small delicate surface veins work great with short tips.

Use a table or something to stabilize yourself as veins in the hand are delicate and can tear if you jerk around too much. Also a miss is far worse in the hands as well. Wash up and use plenty of alcohol.

20161106_232826_zpssed9stn0.jpg

Be careful about missing higher up as well. This is what happened to a guy posting in OD (other drugs).

^
I have had worse surgeries. Even if you don't miss your veins can blow out, just fucking die, and other problems like cocaine sticking to the veins.

Anyways, hands. You want something kinda closer to the surface. My rule is no flag, no push.

Hit a vein or don't push. Just take your time. Hands are easy to hit but yeah I was always a long tip guy even with hands but I used to use shorts in my hands, hell when I had good veins I used shorts everywhere but I digress hands and maybe your forearms.

Check out some plebotomy charts and google is your friend on this, not me, I just spent five minutes typing this out for you.