• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to use meth more safely

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
I often ran into problems in the past for a few reasons.

1. Using around people that will call the cops - Extreme paranoia

2. Overdosing caused by 1.

3. Never eating or sleeping also caused by 1.

I really want to plunge back into meth addiction because it's fucking awesome but I need to start becoming more health conscious. What are some tips to use meth more safely?

How much food and water do I consume (bottle/hour?)
How can I keep psychosis from consuming?
Which ROA is optimal for hr?
Skin care/body care so I don't look like hell?
Anything else? Can I mix bars with meth to handle paranoia? Paranoia is my Achilles Heel and it's starting to leak into sober life

Speaking from experience: if paranoia is starting to leak into your sober life then you really need to start considering not using stimulants with any kind of regularity. If you do, things will only just get worse and worse. You really should reconsider this based on everything you mentioned...

You don't want to rely on using benzos either to control the paranoia. They work great for an occasional (as in, every once in awhile) spell of stimulant induced paranoia. But if your using them everyday in conjunction with stimulants in order to minimize paranoia then things are damn likely to spin out of control even faster.

If you insist on doing this:

Try to eat at least normally if not a little more than usual to counteract increased metabolism. Try to eat healthy and well balanced. Not junk.

Drink water throughout the day. You don't want to slam a whole bottle every hour, ideally you want to sip water throughout the day. Pay attention to how often your peeing and what color it is. You want your pee to be a light yellow and if you should be peeing numerous times throughout the day.

Sleep every night. You'll probably need benzos at the beginning to get to sleep but you don't want to end up rely on them forever for sleep. After awhile you build enough of a tolerance and should be able to sleep each night without benzo assistance as long as you aren't going crazy with your stimulant dosing.

I don't know much about skin health beyond this: shower regularly (at least once a day if not more) and don't pick at your skin.

The only way your going to keep psychosis under control is to take care of yourself. Eat right, sleep right, dose reasonably, etc. If your noticing symptoms you need to fix whatever is wrong: most likely you're either not sleeping enough and/or you're dosing too high OR it's simply just time to stop completely and take a long (permanent?) break...

In my experience, there is absolutely no "safe" way to use meth. The second I start, I literally don't stop til I'm either in the hospital or jail.. Period. When you get it figured out though, LMK! ;)

But I agree, force yourself to drink and eat. I've always done better drinking Gatorade or something that has electrolytes in it. Especially since our bodies become so dehydrated and depleted of nutrients and vitamins..

Good luck!

In my experience, there is absolutely no "safe" way to use meth. The second I start, I literally don't stop til I'm either in the hospital or jail.. Period. When you get it figured out though, LMK! ;)

But I agree, force yourself to drink and eat. I've always done better drinking Gatorade or something that has electrolytes in it. Especially since our bodies become so dehydrated and depleted of nutrients and vitamins..

Good luck!

Dead or in Jail, I'm still in denial though

I don't think you have the right state of mind to be using meth right now, I really think you should reconsider as this could be a very bad decision. But you probably know that, this seems kind of like a cry for help IMO.
Meth can sometimes be used somewhat safely but once the addiction kicks in I'll be much harder to take proper care of yourself, I find it to be a very compulsive drug. Abusing it would only worsen your mental state, if you already had problems with it in the past.

How long have you been sober from methamphetamine?

Last edited: