• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to taper off klonopin 1mg? safely?

LillyGirl82

Greenlighter
hey guys,
I've been taking 1mg klonopin for the past 5 nights with melatonin to help me sleep. but I'm taking it too much I think.
how do I stop it? I took a half of pill this morning so I wouldn't have with drawl symptoms. Should I take a quarter of one tonight then stop it or is that too fast?
Thanks.

nevermind this post, I called my doctor and they said that I should take half of one at night for week then stop. so next Thursday will be my last one.

it generally takes a few weeks of regular use of medical doses (with huge binges it can happen faster) of benzos for any serious problems regarding addiction in most people (there is some genetic variability here but extreme outliers in either direction are rare + if you have already been addicted before it can happen faster)

at 5 days you are unlikely to have any issues (perhaps some minor rebound insomnia/anxiety) even if you just stopped, but I guess your doctor is playing this super safe by having you do a mini taper just in case.. you really should be completely fine when you stop