• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to take the edge off dissociatives without aborting the trip?

Goddess Mode

Bluelighter
This is a problem I've only ever actually had on DXM before, but I figured I would direct this question towards dissociatives in general unless it ever comes up again for another substance.

For the last few years my body has really not enjoyed too much stimulation. I've finally gotten to the point where I don't start to freak out about it usually unless it's really bad, but it still makes me physically uncomfortable and can detract from an experience if it gets sort of out of control. On psychedelics it doesn't really become an issue anymore, but when it does I can just take some chlordiazepoxide to kill the stimulation and really calm myself down without really dampening the hallucinogenic effects too much. On DXM though, it calms me down, but it also pretty much ends the experience. That's kind of a bummer considering that DXM really makes my heart race these days, my body just doesn't agree with it.

I'm not seriously experienced with DXM, but I've used it enough that I want to see what else it has to offer. Is there anything you can take with it or other stimulating dissociatives that will make it calmer without aborting the trip? Would something like L-theanine be effective?

DXM is pretty much the roughest dissociative in terms of body load. Due to its powerful SNRI and antinicotinic effects which are apparent at lower doses than the dissociative f/x, there are a lot of non-dissociative side effects, doubly so at high doses. Blood pressure rises, flushing, muscular tension, etc.

There's not much you can do about it aside from maybe smoke weed and try to appreciate the high. Like you pointed out, benzos will generally abort the trip rather than make it more tolerable.

I can get into a somewhat similar mental space as a 3rd plateau DXM trip with a combo of 3-MeO-PCP and MXE, with a lot less bodyload (still raises blood pressure a lot, but it's manageable). After discovering this I lost all interest in doing DXM ever again.

DXM is pretty much the roughest dissociative in terms of body load. Due to its powerful SNRI and antinicotinic effects which are apparent at lower doses than the dissociative f/x, there are a lot of non-dissociative side effects, doubly so at high doses. Blood pressure rises, flushing, muscular tension, etc.

There's not much you can do about it aside from maybe smoke weed and try to appreciate the high. Like you pointed out, benzos will generally abort the trip rather than make it more tolerable.

Darn, I had a bad feeling that would be the answer.... Unfortunately weed doesn't really calm down my racing heart, quite the opposite. I'm thinking about trying it in a lower dose next time though, maybe like 120-240 mg. We'll see how that goes.... Maybe I'm just getting more sensitive to the effects lately. I feel like the SNRI effects are actually part of why I like it, because it makes me feel really manic. So maybe that's why I just can't take as much anymore though either, so maybe just sticking to those lower doses and having some weed and maybe like nitrous would do me well....

I can get into a somewhat similar mental space as a 3rd plateau DXM trip with a combo of 3-MeO-PCP and MXE, with a lot less bodyload (still raises blood pressure a lot, but it's manageable). After discovering this I lost all interest in doing DXM ever again.

Well, I guess I'll pick up some 3-MeO-PCP and MXE next time I'm at CVS instead. :p Hehe, I have not tried either of those but I would like to... but I'm not really in a good position to be expanding my RC collection at the moment. Honestly I still have no significant interest in using dissociatives alone, but I would still *love* to combine that 3-MeO-PCP with some tryptamines. I've got a few particular ones in mind already. =D

^ Yeah, sorry, I know DXM is a lot more available than the other two...but it's also a lot harsher on the body. Just trying to nudge you in the direction of safer drugs :)

I didn't find 3-MeO-PCP to combine well with any psychedelics, but maybe that's just me. It felt like the PCP was dampening the psychedelic headspace too much and there was an existential anxiety the whole time, like all of reality was irreparably broken. Maybe a really low dose would work better, I never figured it out.