• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How to take precaution in case GHB solution had something like lsd in it?

Tieeurrrop

Bluelighter
I notice on dnms that sellers have all sorts of super powerful drugs in their wares that it frightens me to even think.

I am a downer guy now days and it worries me to think that some accident could occur where the seller could accidentally contaminate their ghb with some of these other horrendous chemicals.

I am terrified tbh of psychedelics and it worries me to think what if they were careless and perhaps mixed a ghb solution bottle with a liquid lsd. Well a test kit would test that if it was a pure swap however what if they didn't notice they accidentally spilt some lsd into the ghb.

I mean lsd is such a minuscule active dose that I doubt that a ghb test kit would show a mix so you wouldn't know would you unless you got it gcms tested, which isn't really a practical thing to do regularly- and the dose of lsd being so small even the sample sent to test doesn't mean that there couldn't be other 'hotspots' in the same material you had. I thought you could microdose like a pinhead's worth of the substance and see if there was any unexpected reaction. I still would not want to have any psychedelic experience at all though since that would still be a normal dose or low active dose I guess.

I mean regarding the small dose of lsd even if you test one part you couldn't know with so few molecules to be active it might contain a hotspot in another part. With solution you could stir the pin before I guess to get a sample from many parts of the container but what of powder/solid?

I read online and the lsd boiling point is extremely high so you couldn't heat the ghb as a precaution to remove it could you using a normal stove since that is also quite high right.

I would feel more comfortable to make your own ghb bought from an industrial gbl supply since you at least know they would not have been messing handling other drugs. Though they only sell large amounts and I don't want to be buying such amounts even before I have tried it but it's illegal anyway so I wouldn't want to buy any amount like 100ml which seems the smallest amount you can buy which could be construed as intent to supply.

I don't want to be putting such things to chance trusting someone who's character you have no idea of or how they run their proverbial shop.

Are there any chemistry bod tricks to avoid such a scenario or would the best way to be dealing with gbl from a professional/commercial type of source?

Easy way to eliminate that risk:

Buy some GBL and hydrolize it yourself to Na-GHB. It's neither difficult nor dangerous (if you take some precautions). Also it's way cheaper than buying GHB. If you don't like the idea of having 100 mL of GBL near you, just pour half of the synthesized GHB down the drain. Safety first! GHB addiction is really not fun at all.

If you're uncomfortable with this idea, then use some test methods. Obviously tests for GHB would be useless, because no one laces GHB with psychedelics. You would have to use Marquis (allrounder) or Ehrlich's reagent (detects indoles, so you would not only find Lysergamides but also Tryptamines).

If you're worried that the reagent wouldn't find the LSD (which it would) you still can bubble some oxygen/air through your solution, add some concentrated NaCl solution (as LSD decomposes in presence of Cl- ions) and/or store it in sunlight. All those conditions would destroy any LSD present if you wait long enough. But honestly, just get some Marquis and Ehrlich's and test your solution.

I have to say I had a hard time answering your question, because it hurts my heart to hear someone calling psychedelics "horrendous chemicals" ._.

I notice on dnms that sellers have all sorts of super powerful drugs in their wares that it frightens me to even think.

I am a downer guy now days and it worries me to think that some accident could occur where the seller could accidentally contaminate their ghb with some of these other horrendous chemicals.

I am terrified tbh of psychedelics and it worries me to think what if they were careless and perhaps mixed a ghb solution bottle with a liquid lsd. Well a test kit would test that if it was a pure swap however what if they didn't notice they accidentally spilt some lsd into the ghb.

I mean lsd is such a minuscule active dose that I doubt that a ghb test kit would show a mix so you wouldn't know would you unless you got it gcms tested, which isn't really a practical thing to do regularly- and the dose of lsd being so small even the sample sent to test doesn't mean that there couldn't be other 'hotspots' in the same material you had. I thought you could microdose like a pinhead's worth of the substance and see if there was any unexpected reaction. I still would not want to have any psychedelic experience at all though since that would still be a normal dose or low active dose I guess.

I mean regarding the small dose of lsd even if you test one part you couldn't know with so few molecules to be active it might contain a hotspot in another part. With solution you could stir the pin before I guess to get a sample from many parts of the container but what of powder/solid?

I read online and the lsd boiling point is extremely high so you couldn't heat the ghb as a precaution to remove it could you using a normal stove since that is also quite high right.

I would feel more comfortable to make your own ghb bought from an industrial gbl supply since you at least know they would not have been messing handling other drugs. Though they only sell large amounts and I don't want to be buying such amounts even before I have tried it but it's illegal anyway so I wouldn't want to buy any amount like 100ml which seems the smallest amount you can buy which could be construed as intent to supply.

I don't want to be putting such things to chance trusting someone who's character you have no idea of or how they run their proverbial shop.

Are there any chemistry bod tricks to avoid such a scenario or would the best way to be dealing with gbl from a professional/commercial type of source?

Due to experiencing hallucinations/psychosis due to mental illness the idea of taking psychedelics scares me too. I find it eases my anxiety a lot to have Seroquel on me. It'll bring the psychedelic trip to and end right away. Chlorpromazine works well too.

Easy way to eliminate that risk: Buy some GBL and hydrolize it yourself to Na-GHB. It's neither difficult nor dangerous (if you take some precautions). Also it's way cheaper than buying GHB. If you don't like the idea of having 100 mL of GBL near you, just pour half of the synthesized GHB down the drain. Safety first! GHB addiction is really not fun at all. If you're uncomfortable with this idea, then use some test methods. Obviously tests for GHB would be useless, because no one laces GHB with psychedelics. You would have to use Marquis (allrounder) or Ehrlich's reagent (detects indoles, so you would not only find Lysergamides but also Tryptamines). If you're worried that the reagent wouldn't find the LSD (which it would) you still can bubble some oxygen/air through your solution, add some concentrated NaCl solution (as LSD decomposes in presence of Cl- ions) and/or store it in sunlight. All those conditions would destroy any LSD present if you wait long enough. But honestly, just get some Marquis and Ehrlich's and test your solution. I have to say I had a hard time answering your question, because it hurts my heart to hear someone calling psychedelics "horrendous chemicals" ._.
Thanks for the info. The issue regarding having 100 ml around- although that is also a concern which could easily be remedied the way you mentioned- is receiving 100ml in the post which I presume is enough to be thought of as intent to supply should it be intercepted.

GHB is a salt anyway isn't it or it needs specifically to be table salt. Hey it must be so as it seems you know of what you speak; I shall look into it myself.

Actually while on the subject I thought of an alternative idea a bit ago which may fit the bill for both my criteria- of small amount from known supplier- that being buying those small nail remover capsules which I read around on the net had been used successfully to get a lil gbl out of in the past. Its contents state ethyl ether, acetone and gbl. I read that you would just have to let the former two evaporate since they have much lower boiling points than gbl.

A clear liquid will not have any hotspots. The lsd or whatever would be evenly dissolved throughout the solution

Hot spots only occur in solids or suspensions.

Yeah I get it, but you never wanted to buy a drug, nor did you even know that this useful detergent could be abused, did you? ;)
All you wanted is to remove some very persistent stains, right? 100 mL is a rather small amount of detergent, and also the smallest amount you could buy, so it's really unlikely that someone would insinuate that you wanted to sell it. I mean, pigs often do that, but it shouldn't be hard to prove them wrong. GBL isn't illegal after all.

I read about those nail polish removers, but after this big GBL wave around 2008 the formula of those removers was altered, to prevent people like us separating their contents. But maybe I'm wrong and you are lucky being able to buy some that contain GBL. If so, I would be happy to hear if you're from Europe, so I know if I should start looking again :)

GHB itself is not a salt. GHB stands for Gamma-HydroxyButyric acid, which is a liquid. Acids form salts with bases, e.g. NaOH (sodium hydroxide) and HCl (hydrochloric acid) form the salt NaCl, which is known as table salt. GHB and NaOH form Na-GHB, sodium gamma-hydroxybutyrate, which is of course solid, too. But it has the property of being hygroscopic, that means it absorbs water readily. So if you don't store it really dry, it absorbs atmospheric moisture. So much, that it forms a sludge and starts dissolving. This is of course problematic for proper dosing, so instead of handling this mess, people dissolve the Na- oder K-GHB, which already is the product of GBL hydrolysis, in a certain amount of water to enable volumetric dosing.

Btw what does bubbling air through it mean? Do you mean just normal boiling on a stove? If it were a solution I would want to make it into a solid anyhow so would I just have to add some salt (how much is enough per amount of substance) and the boiling will be the air bubbling you mention?

Someone said on a reagent testing thread I made elsewhere that any moisture in the ghb solution would react with the reagent causing a false positive. Is that true?