• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how to take morphine sulfate sr

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezlebubb

Greenlighter
I recently got some morphine sulfate sr's and noticed there is a waxy coating. swim is familiar with ir and er but has no idea how to approach sr. anyone have any advice? I prefers\ plugging pills but just wants to get the most out of them and afraid of following the wrong advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys and sorry about that! i checked that thread out earlier, but it seemed like people weren't exclusively addressing the sulfate sr. i haven't been able to find anything on how to properly remove the shell. any help would be greatly appreciated. (sorry if someone has already posted about it, i just haven't been able to find it and obviously im new here)

there aren't beads, though. its just a round pill with a waxy coating (not a capsule). i think its got something to do with the sr (sustained relief). whatever it is, these pills are a pain in the ass. :/

I have a mini blender, disk shaped it's called a mini chopper, whenever I need to crush anything I through em in there and it powders anything into fine dust, little bit of water, your required amount of pills and you have yourself a pure IR Morphine drink !

Stay safe !

thanks for the advice! ive read that the coating turns into a goop so i didn't know if that would inhibit the pills effects or whatever. but i suppose theres only one way to find out.

Eazy,
I think you must mean that sum are 12 hourly and others are 24 hourly otherwise ER, SR and XL essentially all mean the same thing. I have no idea what usa pills and caps are like but uk mst continus usualy as tablets sometimes time release granules is 12 hourly the coloured coating contains no drug and no time release mechanism, thats all in in the pill in wax binders. A tablet with beads init is unheard of here. People will just chew them up if they want them to work faster. Prepping for injection usually just gets a horrid waxy solution. Zomorph capsules are 12 hourly too and contain tiny beads. The MXL capsules are 24 hourly and i think they are same design as zomorph just last 2x as long. A mini blender sounds a good idea just need something to make them more orally active then as well and morphine tablets really would have the punch you'd expect from them. :D

thanks for the advice! ive read that the coating turns into a goop so i didn't know if that would inhibit the pills effects or whatever. but i suppose theres only one way to find out.

Take a lightly wet towel & wipe the coating off & then pat dry the pill until the coating is mostly off.

If they are pills like Oxy Contin with the waxy coating I just either scrape off the coating with a knife or take a damp paper towel and wipe it off,it comes right off easily, then just chew them up and wash down with a bourbon and coke or,if you aren't partial to alcohol,a fizzy drink like Pepsi.The logic behind this being that ethanol in the booze would help dissolve the pill faster in your stomach and the carbonation may help it absorb faster and more easily,just like carbonated mixers help alcohol absorb more readily.Just a theory about carbonation working with morphine though.If it's a time released capsule with beads like Kadian,then I just empty the beads from the capsuls into a coffee cup or shallow dish and crush them with needle nose pliers as finely as possible and down them with one of the above mentioned beverages.That's how I do them and it works pretty well for me.

Last edited:
SR means 12 hour release where as XR means 24 hour release. The morphine SR's can come in either tablets like the Mscontins and generics or capsules with beads like the M-Eslon's and Kadians. With the Mscontins the wax does not separate unless you use heat so a good (but rather bitter) way of defeating the time release for oral consumption is to put it in some really hot tea (i use white tea and put abit of lemon in it to help the taste) and stir it up. The wax will float right to the top but no need to scrape it off since your just chugging it. As for snorting the intranasal bioavailability of morphine is lower then with oral bioavailabity so that's a total waste. As for taking it rectally i have had the morphine suppositories and found them to be no more effective then oral morphine. Well there good for pain patients like me that get alot of nausea but that's different. The bioavailability of rectal morphine is about the same or a little more then oral so your not really gaining anything.

As for IV use you had better damn well use micron filters if your going to do that. Well that goes without saying with any pill but goes double for Mscontins and the generics. Some of the generic brands are abit easier to prep then others (I've never had the brand name ones) but they are a bitch. The way i do it is to scrape the coating off with a razor blade, heat the water first (not to boiling), dump in the crushed up powder and stir until it cools and becomes basically a gel, heat the gel until the wax rises up once the water starts boiling and scrape off the wax (if you do it right it should come out in one blob) and wait till it cools to room temp and heat again just to make sure there's no wax left in the solution. The solution in the spoon should be as clear as water and of the same consistency as water. Make sure you let it cool to room temp before sucking it up in a syringe. Suck it up through cotton first then micron filter it. I may be abit overcautious there but better to becareful then missing a arm or be dead.

Shooting any pills especially MScontins can't be made safe but so far that's the best way I've found to cook them and i haven't had any complications from IV use. I would still recommend just eating it though and personally i like suspended release morphine. You can get high for about half the day and they keep the sickness away for many a long hour.

if you're going to plug it, maybe the best is to rinse/rub off the coating, then crush the pill into fine powder, and u know the rest

if you're going to plug it, maybe the best is to rinse/rub off the coating, then crush the pill into fine powder, and u know the rest

If they are generic MScontins that wouldn't defeat the time release. So i really wouldn't see any point in doing that. If they where the capsules with the beads you could just crush them but with MScontin style tabs heat and water is needed to get the wax to separate. Id really just say eat them.

Am prescribed Zomorph but the chemist didn't have any but gave me a a box of MXL. Both of these are capsules one consisting of Grey beats <Zomorph and the MXL are little white pieces of differing size all tiny pieces that repel water until you heat up the spoon once it reaches the required temperature it will just dissolve into the water and become clear liquid then chill it out on some ice and the wax will accumulate on the base of the spoon leaving the morphine and water suck up into whatever it is you're using and put it where the sun don't shine.... What can I add to increase the effect for both pain management and recreation ??

Status
Not open for further replies.