• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How to stop amphetamine use?

Switch to downers then wein yourself off those that'd be the easiest way besides just quitting

its a difficult process to get accustomed to not using them you can expect to feel so tired you won't want to leave your room for days trust me but the best way is to take ONE dose for 1-3 days, to make it easier, and then don't take them at all, it'll be pretty shitty for a week, but after a couple good days of rest and sleep, you'll be able to get up and not need them anymore, drink plenty of caffeine when you feel that 'drained' feeling, it'll really help, it takes me a couple days to recover after awhile of using amps.

Take anti psychotics. You won't feel a damn thing so you'll have no urge to dose.
cant tell if joking or not, still made me laugh.

BUT, that said, eating benzos and being in and out of it with extra doses of pain meds is what i do, couple days of that and I don't even think about the stims for a few weeks.

good luck with abstaining from using them!

Cold turkey and start going to the gym or doing hard exercise to do something with your boredom.

How to stop amphetamine use? I need advice. I really want to quit!

Can you tell us a little bit more about your habit and what you are actually trying to quit. Quitting 1g IV meth a day may take a different strategy to binge quaffing adderall pills.

In regards to substituting benzos or other downers - a benzo or opiate addiction is worse than an amphetamine addiction for many people so substitution is risky.

In regards to anti-psychotics my own experience is they can be very helpful - but getting off them is a total bitch and some bi-polar people (like me) can only stay off amps by using anti-psychotics long term to quell the mania that drives stim use. A week ago I would have murdered to get my hands on another hit of meth. Today I can't think of anything I want less after getting back on Abilify and having a few days knocked out with seroquel.

We need more info on your specific challenges.

Quitting 1g IV meth a day may take a different strategy to binge quaffing adderall pills.
a gram of meth meth.. iv/day.. that is quite the feat, and im betting that if the person can manage to do that, theyre more than strong enough to drop the meth if they put their mind to it without a doubt.

without trying to sound confrontational whatsoever, the conception that eating 500-1500mg of addy is all that diff from using meth, i mean.. not so much, addy does differ in the total end-high that you get from meth, meth is just more, euphoric, while addy can be, it doesn't match the same as meth, however theyre NEARLY identical. soo close but so far at the same time.

In regards to substituting benzos or other downers - a benzo or opiate addiction is worse than an amphetamine addiction for many people so substitution is risky.
completely agree with this statement. very risky depending how the person goes about it. BUT, im gonna go ahead and say that, ditching any opiate or benzo is so much easier when you're not physically habituated to them, once you are... then its another game entirely, one not so different from iving stims, the wd's just vary abit.

a gram of meth meth.. iv/day.. that is quite the feat, and im betting that if the person can manage to do that, theyre more than strong enough to drop the meth if they put their mind to it without a doubt.

without trying to sound confrontational whatsoever, the conception that eating 500-1500mg of addy is all that diff from using meth, i mean.. not so much, addy does differ in the total end-high that you get from meth, meth is just more, euphoric, while addy can be, it doesn't match the same as meth, however theyre NEARLY identical. soo close but so far at the same time.

I still don't understand the effective difference between meth and d-amp but I only stay of IV meth by having prescribed low-dose d-amp with my anti-psychotics. As a consequence, I'm numb but mentally sharp and so far away from tweaking it's like I'm in a different universe. No amp hunger and no needle love at all.

The OP's situation however could be wildly different from me or any of us so I wouldn't say "this is how to do it it" without more info.

You're gonna be so drained and tired. Probably even feel malaise and sore. This lasts a while depending how heavy a user you are. That being said try to sleep it off. Sleep off the cravings and grogginess. It's hard as fuck. Usually I only quit a drug by switching to another. Fuck me right?

Stims and are much easier to come off of than downers. I quit coke relatively easily with only mild psychological cravings, theres no physical WD from stims like theres is with opioids or benzos.

A short course of a benzo will really help. Diazepam will do.

Can you tell us a little bit more about your habit and what you are actually trying to quit. Quitting 1g IV meth a day may take a different strategy to binge quaffing adderall pills.

In regards to anti-psychotics my own experience is they can be very helpful - but getting off them is a total bitch and some bi-polar people (like me) can only stay off amps by using anti-psychotics long term to quell the mania that drives stim use. A week ago I would have murdered to get my hands on another hit of meth. Today I can't think of anything I want less after getting back on Abilify and having a few days knocked out with seroquel.

We need more info on your specific challenges.
I use finnish street speed which is closer to adderall than meth. I use every day to get tasks completed. Dont even find a vein anymore.

I use finnish street speed which is closer to adderall than meth. I use every day to get tasks completed. Dont even find a vein anymore.

How often do you hit up when you are on a binge? Do you ever do other drugs IV?

The long term users I know always seek out dexys or Ritalin or the like (my husband convinced his doctor to prescribe duramine for weight loss as he stacked on 40 kilo when he quit meth)

From what I’ve seen of all their efforts though it’s just leaving the door open to get back on down the track.

As above said, it’s literally different for everyone, what will work for one won’t for another etc.
Also depends why you started using to begin with?
Were you self medicating something or just partying it up?

Adderall has created more problems in my life than opiates.... it's really bizarre. I think the times I handled the post-depressive episodes the best was when I had another substance that elevated my mood (aka opioids or kratom), but if you have light benzos like gaba or ativan it can REALLY help the next few days. The anxiety is appalling not so much depression ime. Also... eating alot of really healthy foods helps you regenerate more quickly.

I find that no dopamine = hardcore anxiety. That part is more dangerous than feeling sleepy and down. When I'm going through something mentally horrible like withdrawal I pretend I'm having a bad acid trip. Just try to hold it together until it passes. As addicts we come to fear mental consequences over physical ones. But it's the mental aspects that really are dangerous for us because when we're down we usually do drastic things.

I was foeced into the position to quite a very heavy stim use in a very cold turkey style a couple of years ago. I stayed clean (others than some low key alcohol consumption) for over 6 months after a gram or so per day of RC stims and federal. I had no downers, no substitutes, no nothing.

I made it through the first 3 months of daily suicidal ideation and constant depression with white knuckles. Then there was about 3 months of a complete sense of futility. After that I was happier and more content than I had been for 6 years. In the end, a stim withdrawal only an emotional feeling, not a physiological dependence per re. Once i made it through the emotion of it all, it all got wonderful after that.

Seriously I wish you good luck