• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

How to save lots of money on cigarettes if you choose to smoke.....

There just aint a good substitute for my newports they have the most un-menthol menthol taste I've grown to love now I've tried to sub them for few different brands of bagged tabaco but can't find anything to semuliar.

If anyone has tried a brand that really competes let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
Hand rolling tobacco + rizla papers are as cheap as it gets.

I try & use imported tobacco (Golden Virginia) b'cause it costs alot less.
And it's nicer to smoke than tailor made cigs.

I started smoking roll your own cigarettes after my wife had one at the club she works at. I actually like them better than the store bought and it seems things have changed a lot since the Bugler days when I was a lot younger. Those things were gross, but the tobacco they have now seems to be of much higher quality, same as the store bought if you ask me. I smoke a brand called The Good Stuff. The technology for rolling sure has come a long way also from the little hand rollers that were popular in the 80s. Now I have a machine where you just put a tube that already has a filter on the end, stuff some tobacco in the slot and pull a lever and the cigarette that comes out is like a store bought. Went from spending about $50-60 a carton to less than $10 per carton and it doesn't take long to roll 5 or 6 packs of smokes every week. I first bought the machine, tobacco and tubes from a local retailer but see that there are starter packages on the net for about half what I paid originally. I buy most of my roll your own stuff from AAA Tobacco. I do know that until this past July, you could go to a local tobacco shop and they'd let you "rent" one of their machines to use after you bought the tobacco and tubes, but the Feds made it to where they have to get licensed as a cigarette manufacturer to do that anymore so now it's strictly roll your own at home. Pretty lame, there were a ton of jobs being created at the local retailers but now that's been cut off. And I fell for the whole thing about the excise tax being put in place to get people to quit but a recent study in New York showed that instead of people cutting down, it's just taking out more from their income; low income people in New York are spending close to like 25% of their income on cigarettes now (study link). So not only do the low income people not get any healthier, they also are spending a disproportionate amount of their money on cigs. Anywho, that's my rant. I like to think of it being a way to save money and stick it to The Man, hehehe.

Last edited:
I smoke the same brand.. I spend about 25$ for 3 cartons.. My dad bought me a top o matic roller for xmas last year. Bitch works wonders and has saved me a ton of money. <3 the thing.

I had these before, but I decided to stop using them. That carton of tubes wasn't handy to carry around and sometimes it didn't pack correctly. I just decide to ask if the shop I go to has cheap cigarettes, like 821, Palace, Gold Classic, or Capital. They don't always taste the best (821 is the best IMO), but when I'm short on money it's all I can get.

I've smoked cigarettes all of my adult life, for about the last 45 years. Two years ago I underwent a drastic financial adjustment. Spending my money on store bought cigarettes was no longer an option. I began rolling my own cigarettes. Here is the why and how of it:

1) Financial - Commercial cigarettes = apx $60 per carton / apx 4 cartons per month = $240
Loose tobacco: 1/2 lb. = $17.10 (1/2 lb. is about 4 cartons or one months worth)
Rolling papers: 120 pks, 24 leaves each = $33 (About a 3 month supply) = $11 per month
$240 - $28.10 = Savings of about $212 per month

2) Health - I buy 'Kentucky Black' pipe tobacco (Regular cigarette tobacco, cut a little coarser to circumvent the tax)
The tobacco is not treated with chemicals (For steady, even burning and to enhance the addiction properties), or any
flavoring. The issue of pesticides used in the growth I've not been able to verify. In my mind, it's the best I can go with if
I'm going to use tobacco. On th occasion where I have smoked a commercial cigarette, it tasted as if I was sucking on a
car exhaust pipe. One final health benefit:
I roll each cigarette as I want one, which slows down my smoking, thereby reducing my consumption. I tell people, "I
'earn' every cigarette I smoke". However, there is one hardcore fact: There is NO logical or reasonable argument for
smoking any tobacco product. Make no mistake: Smoking is BAD for your health. It is my choice to smoke. If I'm going to,
I accept the risk and try to minimize the danger by knowing what I do smoke.

Social - Probably the coolest perk of RYO: The people that I meet asking what I'm doing. It DOES look a bit suspicious when I get out
my Baggie of tobacco and papers and begin rolling what appears to be a joint. I've probably met hundreds of people this way
and the reaction after my explanation is almost universally one of admiration, albeit tempered some by the stigma of
smoking. One caveat though: I'm regularly hit up by someone wanting to 'borrow' a paper for their own 'use'. Also, when I
demonstrate my proficiency in rolling I'm many times asked to roll 'something' for them, which always leads to an invitation
to share, to which I always decline (Just in case you were wondering that point &#55358;&#56596;&#55357;&#56860;)

To summarize: I save a ton of money; I smoke a better quality tobacco; I smoke less; And, I truly enjoy it when I smoke. I never smoke indoors or anyplace that is not allowed or acceptable. I respect the rights of non-smokers. So, if you come across me, sitting outside my favorite Irish Pub, come on over and join me for a smoke and/or some nice conversation. See you later, gotta go roll one...

Have you ever tried those little cigars, they usually cost around 2 a pack, I remember buying them for 12 a carton the taste is off but for the price it's worth it.