• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction How to Recognize If Active Charcoal is really Active or Not?

bookshelf1

Bluelighter
if its bubbling in the water its working.(my experience)
I use active charcoal a lot and today i found a big problem that i didn't noticed before.i bought a labratory grade active charcoal and when i poured it in the water it made bubbles and looks like effervescent tablet but it has much less bubbles and it finishes bubbling much faster than effervescent table .so i think this is the way to know if active charcoal is working or not.and i was using a low grade active charcoal for poisoning prevention and i knew it wasn't working well but i wasn't sure whats the reason.now i know it probably lost its effect by contacting with the air because i closed the bottle's cap loosely.,

I'm a bit confused. When ever I needed activated charcoal I was in hospital waaay too intoxicated to administer it myself or stand. So I'm interested in how you are using it. Are you taking it like daily as a supplement?

I'm a bit confused. When ever I needed activated charcoal I was in hospital waaay too intoxicated to administer it myself or stand. So I'm interested in how you are using it. Are you taking it like daily as a supplement?
There's tiny evidence it may help with digestion in specific scenarios but the main reason people take it daily is as an alternative medicine for detoxification which obviously it doesn't. I assume it stems from confusion/misinformation about it's use in hospitals for poison control

if you use it early it works great
sometimes i take pills more than i want by mistake.and i forget that i have taken another one so when i remember it's the start for a battle to stop the pill from being absorbed by the body.

if you use it early it works great
sometimes i take pills more than i want by mistake.and i forget that i have taken another one so when i remember it's the start for a battle to stop the pill from being absorbed by the body.
Sounds like you may be doing more harm than good with the charcoal. If you are taking pills " by mistake " and can't remember taking them maybe get a pen with some paper and write down when you take them. Seems better than trying to eat charcoal to try and get the pill to " not absorb ".

Sounds like you may be doing more harm than good with the charcoal. If you are taking pills " by mistake " and can't remember taking them maybe get a pen with some paper and write down when you take them. Seems better than trying to eat charcoal to try and get the pill to " not absorb ".
i do that too.i have a lot of papers for writing about all my drugs.but still sometimes i forget.because i cant always read the papers.sometimes i am in hurry and i need to take the pill fast or i get withdrawals.and sometimes i am busy with other things and i can't think carefully about how much i am taking.
and i thought about getting harm by active charcoal.i searched about it fortunately it doesn't do much harm.sometimes stomach pain or flatulence,its the most harm it can do normally.the only important side effect is when you vomit active charcoal and you can't breath easily then it may go to the wrong pipe and you may get lung problems.it didn't happen to me fortunately even though i am using it for years.if you eat some healthy food for example fruits instantly after taking active charcoal,risk of vomit will be decreased.

The active charcoal is probably taking away nutrients and vitamins from the food you eat, it doesn't just absorb bad things..taking it as a precaution incase you don't have time to check if you're going to OD is a bit mad.

The active charcoal is probably taking away nutrients and vitamins from the food you eat, it doesn't just absorb bad things..taking it as a precaution incase you don't have time to check if you're going to OD is a bit mad.
people say active charcoal remains for 2-3 hours but in my experience it just works for 1 hour each time you eat it.

This may sound stupid but couldn't fiber be a better option for detox/digestion. I know you already eat healthy but this is the rambling suggestions of a constipated fool surfing bluelight on the toilet.

Damn Son, you have so many papers laying around about your drug use and you can't read them. Maybe you could try and ease up a bit.

What exactly are you taking and how much do you take at a time? Sounds to me maybe you should have someone else holding on to your pills and giving them to you as prescribed. Sounds better than taking a chance vomiting up charcoal because you can't remember if you took too much and trying not to OD. And then instead of OD'ing you choke on the charcoal. Seems a bit bizarre.

Just a thought.

This may sound stupid but couldn't fiber be a better option for detox/digestion. I know you already eat healthy but this is the rambling suggestions of a constipated fool surfing bluelight on the toilet.
oh no not at all,i consider any suggestion as a wise one.after using hallucinogen drugs i understood there is nothing foolish in the existence.everything has a lot of meaningful concepts in it that we may not be able to understand yet.
Damn Son, you have so many papers laying around about your drug use and you can't read them. Maybe you could try and ease up a bit.

What exactly are you taking and how much do you take at a time? Sounds to me maybe you should have someone else holding on to your pills and giving them to you as prescribed. Sounds better than taking a chance vomiting up charcoal because you can't remember if you took too much and trying not to OD. And then instead of OD'ing you choke on the charcoal. Seems a bit bizarre.

Just a thought.
i know and i am worried about myself.
i am experimenting with supplements.i have a thread about it here in bluelight.
i would be very happy if i had someone to hold on to him but i have no one.all people around me are against drug use.