• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos How to prevent overdoing benzos?

Byzek

Bluelighter
I got a prescription from my doc.
The main thing why I wanna have benzos at home is for comedowns (which dont take place often, but did last weekend, which was very awful).
Yesterday I had a lil bit of an comedown, so I took an half of apill, woke up today and ops: 6 pills are gone 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Thats actually impossible, couldnt believe it, counted it precisely ,cant image that I ate 6 pills, well but thats the true.
Im so pissed of because I wanted that the box should last at least 3 months but meeeeh.
14 left 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Do you have any recommondations to prevent such a mess?

Do yourself a favor and toss the benzos. For some people the hypnotic effect they have make people compulsively re-dose without even being aware of it. Not sure which ones you have but alprazolam is notorious for this.

Try and find other things for your comedowns. Maybe Lyrica, gabapentin, hydroxozine, weed, kratom.....anything but benzos. So many people get in trouble with them.

Or you could have a friend hold them and only ask for one ( two at the most ) to give you to put in your pocket on days that you are doing stims and think you will need them.

Cautionary tale: Last year a guy copped like 20 xanax. He and a friend partied together that night and the other guy stayed at his place for the night. Said guy woke up and checked his pockets and he only had 2 left. He was convinced his friend stole them and his wallet and beat the crap out of him. He went to jail. The friend found the guys wallet under the couch ( after he was carted off to jail ) and 3 of the xanax in his wallet. Which means that he had consumed 17 of them through the night and had no recollection of it. He not only caught charges but lost his best friend.

So not worth it. Some people just can't be trusted with benzos and it looks like you may be one of them. Toss them.

Yeah like @Nurse Ratched said redosing while blacking out on benzos is common practice. I used to get grams of RC benzos like Etizolam and usually what would happen is id dose once, lose all recollection, and wake up from anywhere between 3 and 7 days later with no recollection, the entire bag either gone or missing, and a lot of pissed off people.

They call them felony biscuits for a reason. My buddy is still in prison decided walking out of Best Buy with a cart full of TVs and beating the shit out of a good samaritan was a good idea

All that said, actually overdosing on just benzodiazepines is very difficult. Without the combination of other downers that is.

Throw in opiates / opioids, ghb or alcohol and death is a very real and likely scenario. Benzos amplify respiratory depression when combined with other narcotics

Well ..... benzos are the only thing which helps me with comedown.
The shit thing is i only get them like twice or 3 times per year.
Im not clubbing wirhout benzos coz i know when I do i will take shit stuff and then im coming down and 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

@Byzek

I'm sorry to say this, but all signs are pointing to the notion that you shouldn't be taking these Benzodiazepines. It's a common trope, someone blacking out on Benzodiazepines and continuing to take more and more compulsively. It could happen to anyone theoretically, but it worries me that you pretty much got the script and on your first go-around you ended up taking so many.

Nobody should be taking Benzodiazepines for longer than a few weeks outside of more severe, complex medical conditions like seizures etc. People using them for anxiety and such shouldn't be taking them for longer than that few week period, because even in the best of circumstances, Benzodiazepines can cause serious problems.

I just have to make the unfortunate call that it's unlikely you will be able to use these responsibly. I think you're already figuring that out. People using these for "legitimate" purposes, who don't abuse drugs, are still candidates for addiction and dependence. The fact that you're using these to mitigate the effects of other drugs of abuse is another red flag. I just highly doubt you'll be able to use them in a stable, effective way.

That's in no way judgemental. I couldn't use them responsibly either nor could many of us here. But I also don't have them in the house. Blackouts can be hilarious and goofy while the can also be catasrophic and tragic. All it takes is getting behind the wheel of a car to cause carnage and when you're blackled out, morality and logic are n ot presnt. So, you can only do your best to make sure that you do not black out in the first place, which I think will be a problem for you with these pills in your immediate possession.

@Byzek

I'm sorry to say this, but all signs are pointing to the notion that you shouldn't be taking these Benzodiazepines. It's a common trope, someone blacking out on Benzodiazepines and continuing to take more and more compulsively. It could happen to anyone theoretically, but it worries me that you pretty much got the script and on your first go-around you ended up taking so many.

Nobody should be taking Benzodiazepines for longer than a few weeks outside of more severe, complex medical conditions like seizures etc. People using them for anxiety and such shouldn't be taking them for longer than that few week period, because even in the best of circumstances, Benzodiazepines can cause serious problems.

I just have to make the unfortunate call that it's unlikely you will be able to use these responsibly. I think you're already figuring that out. People using these for "legitimate" purposes, who don't abuse drugs, are still candidates for addiction and dependence. The fact that you're using these to mitigate the effects of other drugs of abuse is another red flag. I just highly doubt you'll be able to use them in a stable, effective way.

That's in no way judgemental. I couldn't use them responsibly either nor could many of us here. But I also don't have them in the house. Blackouts can be hilarious and goofy while the can also be catasrophic and tragic. All it takes is getting behind the wheel of a car to cause carnage and when you're blackled out, morality and logic are n ot presnt. So, you can only do your best to make sure that you do not black out in the first place, which I think will be a problem for you with these pills in your immediate possession.
I agree in my opinoin no one should take benzos for longer than 2 weeks.
Benzos are in my opinoin on-demand medications.
For example you have a bad withdrawal with meth theses lil pills will help you to get through the first 14 days which are common knowledge.

For me benzos are just for comedowns thats what they are and it makes sense.
If u overdose on sth the first thing which people will give u in hospitals are benzos.

Its just a tool which u use in certain situatuions.

Dont understand such a kind of tips like: drink milk, relax, take a hot bath, meditate 😂😂😂

No no

Dont understand such a kind of tips like: drink milk, relax, take a hot bath, meditate 😂😂😂

No no

Actually I've found that when coming down from a heavy stimulant binge, a lukewarm glass of nonfat milk really seems to take the edge off (just kidding).

In any event, watch out for those benzos. The things I regret most in my life have occured while on benzos.

Actually I've found that when coming down from a heavy stimulant binge, a lukewarm glass of nonfat milk really seems to take the edge off (just kidding).

In any event, watch out for those benzos. The things I regret most in my life have occured while on benzos.
Well I take them just when Im at home because then I fall asleep.
I used them also a couple of times when I was 18 and was driving with my parents with a bus on a journey.
A 14 hours drive would make me insane so i took benzos to sleep the whole journey.
I smoke meth very rarely the last time was in august.
The comedown of meth is just devastating for me i hate it im a very sensitive person when it comes to that.
So i thank god that benzos existed in that moment 🙏

The comedown of meth is just devastating for me i hate it im a very sensitive person when it comes to that
Honestly when drugs cause issues to this degree I curb or drop them completely. This does not only apply to drugs but jobs, people, locations etc. I may dabble here and there these days as nothing is off the table but to torture myself has become less appealing and a barrier between me and doing everything all the time.
A downer after an upper becomes a vicious cycle that sucks the life out of the rider and most time brings in more substances when what once worked is no longer effective.
Be careful as the horror stories of benzo abuse is real (at least for me and a few others) so reigning this in at the beginning of the use can save one a lot of grief on the back end.
Take care.

I have no idea, benzos are otc in my country. I keep eating em like candy, 2mg clonaz anywhere from 4-10mg a day. If I need more I don't need a prescription to buy more. I have no intention to quit either.

Honestly when drugs cause issues to this degree I curb or drop them completely. This does not only apply to drugs but jobs, people, locations etc. I may dabble here and there these days as nothing is off the table but to torture myself has become less appealing and a barrier between me and doing everything all the time.
A downer after an upper becomes a vicious cycle that sucks the life out of the rider and most time brings in more substances when what once worked is no longer effective.
Be careful as the horror stories of benzo abuse is real (at least for me and a few others) so reigning this in at the beginning of the use can save one a lot of grief on the back end.
Take care.
Torture myself great point. I always in with substances like benzos stopped when i was feeling just better than was in anxious state, I never and I ate like 2 xanax 2mg xr and was in bed just sleeping couple hours not specially good but didn't put myself indanger....and I'm not judging at all anyone....I pregabalined them out now I'm pregabs but fincioning better and tapering it cause it's also devil.
Benzos only in short period if needed everything else longer will cause amnesias, liver toxicity of clonazepam is high if I'm right!?

Hepatotoxicity. Clonazepam, as with other benzodiazepines, is rarely associated with serum ALT elevations, and clinically apparent liver injury from clonazepam is extremely rare. However, at least one convincing case report of acute liver injury from clonazepam with recurrence on reexposure has been reported.
The above was the first thing up when I right-clicked
liver toxicity of clonazepam
and selected "search google" for ().
I hadn't heard of it so had to do something to see what is what. :unsure:
Not saying that no benzos will cause live issues cause I do not know. This may be the next right-click. :LOL:
pregabalined them out now I'm pregabs but fincioning better and tapering it cause it's also devil.
I am just finding out that pregabalin is quite the substance. Yep. Can get super hooked on it. Or dependent. Do you think heavy use and sudden cesation WDs of pregabalin would compare to a heavy benzodiazepine WD? I say this hypothetically, of course. Just thinking on the kb but feel I would rather stay away from each WD if I can help it.

yeah stories on reddit and here, are like wd is combine, never tried heroin nor oxy cause in Croatia oxy is only for cancer-and malign and in late stage or other heavy illnesses, point being like combo of benzo and opioid but look, withdrawall stories should all as you ask me on the internet be short in facts about danger and medical help and more like motivational, cause yeah:
I am just finding out that pregabalin is quite the substance. Yep. Can get super hooked on it. Or dependent. Do you think heavy use and sudden cesation WDs of pregabalin would compare to a heavy benzodiazepine WD? I say this hypothetically, of course. Just thinking on the kb but feel I would rather stay away from each WD if I can help it.
Yeah but in my case benzo withdrawal was not that hard and I can't be objective and also on pregabs first you start with small dose and up yourself to the max 450 or 600 but if you can not every day, it may cause like little dumbness effect in first two weeks but that pases, maybe water rettention swollen feets but on high doses-but def better than every traditional and thieno, triazolo...?, there are yet to be studies cause they are not gaba agonist only gaba analogues......
not dr. but have some years of studying and researching et cetera....

I hadn't heard of it so had to do something to see what is what. :unsure:
Not saying that no benzos will cause live issues cause I do not know. This may be the next right-click.
clonazepam and nitrazepam as they are derivative of one of another or reverse...don't like to use wikipedia as I like to memorize things and that's the best way,
look clonazepam in comparisn of alpr, diaz, loraze, bromaz, is the most hepatoxic and i was 28 before 6 years ago :unsure:
:rolleyes:, with clonazepam or Rivotril i remember them best benzo i and you get 50 of them 0,5 doc did upped my dose in days 3x2mg and feeling was like the best benzo i tried.
a month of use as long duration would easier got me down from alprazolam but wasn't on high dose of it, NWM a month of rivotril and i was getting these rashes and my liver was like I'm heavy alcoholic than i went on diazepam and strict diet bla bla for six months so....

If you doubt your ability to have the self-discipline to avoid compulsive redosing, benzos probably aren't a good idea for you. Once you blow your tolerance up to ridiculous levels it makes tapering far more challenging and shit goes sideways rather quickly. I have found that those that can avoid redosing and hence, avoid insane tolerance levels are the ones that may have less trouble in the end with benzos. Your self-control will be tested and a nightmare is waiting for you if you're not careful and fail that test...

The main thing why I wanna have benzos at home is for comedowns (which dont take place often, but did last weekend, which was very awful).
Yesterday I had a lil bit of an comedown, so I took an half of apill, woke up today and ops: 6 pills are gone 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Thats actually impossible, couldnt believe it, counted it precisely ,cant image that I ate 6 pills, well but thats the true.
Im so pissed of because I wanted that the box should last at least 3 months but meeeeh.
14 left 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Once OD d on pure Alprazolam and can tell you probably 300 mg straight up knocked me out for 3 days straight. Benzos are definitely not to be played with. Stuff is wickedly strong and I can understand the desire for them Xanax in older days was pretty damn good. Now I bet the good quality is out the door. Still they can be extremely addictive so try to balance usage is all I can say. :rolleyes:👍

I’d imagine if someone takes 30 mg of alprazolam, 1 mg will never do it for them again. It for sure pays to be careful with this class of drug as there are so many pitfalls with only a few benefits. I think the best thing one can do is stick to a low-dose and keep it at that low-dose.

I admit I don’t understand the compulsive redosing. It seems to become all side effects after an initial dose.

14 left 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Keep Pill or 2 on you and have the rest at trusted friend ,plus side you keep in touch with another friend haha

I’d imagine if someone takes 30 mg of alprazolam, 1 mg will never do it for them again. It for sure pays to be careful with this class of drug as there are so many pitfalls with only a few benefits. I think the best thing one can do is stick to a low-dose and keep it at that low-dose.

I admit I don’t understand the compulsive redosing. It seems to become all side effects after an initial dose.
I used to take 10 mg + of klonopin and drink on top of it. THat was about 10 years ago, I haven’t taken benzos regularly for around four years now, I can take 0.25 mg or less and feel something now.

My brain seems to recover from drug use much much easier and quicker than most peoples, for some people, the damage may be permanent. I’d bet that if I started using them regularly again, it wouldn’t take me as long to be dependent.