• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to meditate after trips?

giphy.gif

Theres a variety of methods. The easiest one I feel for westerners is something like Vipassana which is all focusing on the breath. I do find that people who do psychedelics have a natural predisposition to visualization based meditation which could also be an option. Generally I return to the breath as its something you can never lose track of. Pranayama is another good breath control based meditation using alternate nostrils for in/out breaths.

Interesting, after meditating for years I looked into certain Yoga's and realized a lot of it is visualizations and breathing. Some I had been doing all along. Things like Sushumna breathing and visualizing energy going up and down the spine.

I do meditate after coming out of Salvia and DMT trips. I usually pace before hand to keep calm and when I come out of the trance I focus on the 3rd eye. Fully concentrate on that area and let all thoughts speed by. I settled for doing it after the experience and it works good for me.

I like taking whatever knowledge from different parts of the world, from Yoga to Shamanism. We certainly have had some ground breakers when it comes to consciousness. Still to this day I am not sure Yoga would have been enough (IMO, for me) without psychedelics. However we all have our paths to follow and I do think they can be blended.

Interesting, after meditating for years I looked into certain Yoga's and realized a lot of it is visualizations and breathing. Some I had been doing all along. Things like Sushumna breathing and visualizing energy going up and down the spine.

I do meditate after coming out of Salvia and DMT trips. I usually pace before hand to keep calm and when I come out of the trance I focus on the 3rd eye. Fully concentrate on that area and let all thoughts speed by. I settled for doing it after the experience and it works good for me.

I like taking whatever knowledge from different parts of the world, from Yoga to Shamanism. We certainly have had some ground breakers when it comes to consciousness. Still to this day I am not sure Yoga would have been enough (IMO, for me) without psychedelics. However we all have our paths to follow and I do think they can be blended.

That focusing on the third eye is powerful, and later you can incorporate it in sober meditation, its like once its open you feel it always when you sit still. And when you focus on the third eye theres no thought, the purpose of meditation=)

^ I can sort of feel the third eye open at times Lordfran. Concentrating got easier with persistent practice. And funny enough anything I practice I have to concentrate on. Focus, presence, be here now type of concentration. By refocusing every time I feel an interruption or a thought I can get pretty deep to where no thoughts come. I think that part is what makes me restless in the beginning. The body and mind rebel until some practice makes it easier.

Been interested in Kriya Yoga for 40 years. Now I see there are many types. I like reading the knowledge from people that know both Yoga and Psychedelics.