• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Careers How to make quick legal money when recently clean?

Tryptamite

Bluelighter
Im 2 weeks ckean from a 15 year heroin and coke/crack habit. im living life again. getting back into music want to replace the decks i sold and buy new clothes etc etc

i cant get a normal job. ive a string of convictions and i have a reputation as a dealer and a prolific shoplifter (like 400 quid a day).
i have several bench warrants and i wont get bail, im going to a treatment aftercare place to bounce on my charges im looking at half a decade or more. im trying to llay low, and i dont want to be stealing or selling anymore.
has anyone been in my position, i know i need to make it myself some sort of investment and hard work, but what can on e do with little money???/

any any ideas much appreciated!!

thnlks

Congratulations on getting clean! I'm happy to hear that you're living life again.

Branded Surveys/Survey Junkies/Inbox Dollars isn't much money, but they're something to get started if you have considerable free time and access to a computer.

Perhaps a normal job will be possible, but it may take some time. There could be some companies willing to give you a chance.

I've heard of ppl getting hired on just so they can turn them into the police while they at work on 1st couple days bc of warrants.

I would look for under the table work, probably hard labor shit. Try friends, fam or aqointances for any odd jobs.

Also you can market yourself online like Facebook marketing, like a fixer upper, hauling shit, helping ppl move, detailing cars. You can also see what ppl need some and what they offer. Worth a try. Good luck. Even without a lengthy criminal history it can still be a real pain in the ass just to find good decent paying job to survive on.

thanks for replies. i may feel shit and im eating too many lyrica and xanax to kill the pain (im already addicted to xanax and i dont get bad WDss off lyrica if i use them short term like now) life is good :)
ive posted on facebook, got an offer to do wallpaper but its one of the few things i cant do. i have worked in the past. i think i have a small job painting ceilings i might be able to talk him into the walls as well :) us addicts are good at that :)

i think my safe pass is out of date. i could pay 100 quid to get it faster than through social welfare and get a job on a building site as a labourer. i have worked in the past for about 10 years on and off. just have been doing crinminal enterprise exclusively for the last 5 years,

how much money do the surveys pay roughly?

im owed a few grand if i was to collect bills but thats wishfuul thinking!!!

thanks for replies. i may feel shit and im eating too many lyrica and xanax to kill the pain (im already addicted to xanax and i dont get bad WDss off lyrica if i use them short term like now) life is good :)
ive posted on facebook, got an offer to do wallpaper but its one of the few things i cant do. i have worked in the past. i think i have a small job painting ceilings i might be able to talk him into the walls as well :) us addicts are good at that :)

i think my safe pass is out of date. i could pay 100 quid to get it faster than through social welfare and get a job on a building site as a labourer. i have worked in the past for about 10 years on and off. just have been doing crinminal enterprise exclusively for the last 5 years,

how much money do the surveys pay roughly?

im owed a few grand if i was to collect bills but thats wishfuul thinking!!!

wallpapers? adhesive/measure scissor and probably depeding on size of room a rullette can keep it still while you glue it.

is flower to cake.

if you're transparent enough with yourself you can survive like a 40yr old mom does even if they have no culture, you possed both dexterity and brain viscosity for adapting to the rage of existence. Try cleaning in a baking factory, blue collar.. Do tattos. Is free. Buy paper and pen+ink then do a tour of what is like a tattoo from your panorama. Isn't end of road but, control yourself.

Congratulations on getting clean! I'm happy to hear that you're living life again.

Branded Surveys/Survey Junkies/Inbox Dollars isn't much money, but they're something to get started if you have considerable free time and access to a computer.

Perhaps a normal job will be possible, but it may take some time. There could be some companies willing to give you a chance.

Get clean. Document the whole thing with your progress. Start a YouTube channel and sell off the blueprint.

Look for the jobs no one else wants, there are often people who will hire people with records.

Labour jobs on construction, kitchens, anything that is hard and dirty work.

Bust your ass and be reliable.

In my city and I'm sure it's the same everywhere but they are always looking for landscape or construction workers.
Those online surveys are a scam.
Google remote jobs in your area. I just started data entry because not working is making me mental and I need some structure. I chose part time and it's really easy work. The pay sucks though but money is money.
Congratulations on getting sober

^Yup.
I'm in construction. This industry will take anybody. It's like the French Foreign Legion in that way. Never mind what you did in your past, this industry doesn't even care what you do now as long as you're not doing it at work.

You can make really good money cleaning, holiday condos and houses.

I'm using the term holiday in the British sense as in vacation short-term rentals.

Well done on getting clean(ish) mate!

Welcome to your new life of boredom, drudgery and poverty. :\

Honestly, it makes you wonder why we bother...

Not sure how tongue and cheek this is.

However it's brilliance lies in how factual it is.

Congrats on getting clean. In the UK we have to disclose convictions in a "disclosure" or "DBS Check" but I went for a factory job a couple of years ago and they didn't even ask for one. They take it whoever is willing to do the work and don't give a fuck about convictions, they search random people on the way out and it's all gated and locked with security due to many people working there being people who may have warrants or whatever, or at least convictions. In a way, they don't "discriminate". I'm sure that there are places like that in the States although I dunno where you live. Many of the people working where I was were addicts or crooks or straight out of jail people. I had a heroin habit at the time. I didn't even think about them not asking for the "disclosure" until someone pointed it out to me, an eastern European worker (they love them because they work hard). The pay wasn't great and the work sucked, the managers were cunts but if you can find a place like that then I'd say it's a good start.

Dunno how it works there but if there are places like that here then I'm sure there are there, in cities and the like. This was a warehouse for quite a large discount store franchise and they just needed workers and many would leave due to the shitty conditions so they would always be hiring.

Sorry if it's not helpful, just an idea that might give you some ideas about certain employers who don't really give a fuck about you convictions or even outstanding warrants as long as you do the work.

Good luck!

Congrats on getting clean. In the UK we have to disclose convictions in a "disclosure" or "DBS Check" but I went for a factory job a couple of years ago and they didn't even ask for one. They take it whoever is willing to do the work and don't give a fuck about convictions, they search random people on the way out and it's all gated and locked with security due to many people working there being people who may have warrants or whatever, or at least convictions. In a way, they don't "discriminate". I'm sure that there are places like that in the States although I dunno where you live. Many of the people working where I was were addicts or crooks or straight out of jail people. I had a heroin habit at the time. I didn't even think about them not asking for the "disclosure" until someone pointed it out to me, an eastern European worker (they love them because they work hard). The pay wasn't great and the work sucked, the managers were cunts but if you can find a place like that then I'd say it's a good start.

Dunno how it works there but if there are places like that here then I'm sure there are there, in cities and the like. This was a warehouse for quite a large discount store franchise and they just needed workers and many would leave due to the shitty conditions so they would always be hiring.

Sorry if it's not helpful, just an idea that might give you some ideas about certain employers who don't really give a fuck about you convictions or even outstanding warrants as long as you do the work.

Good luck!

I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the show “telemarketers”, it aired originally on hbo I think

It’s about a call center in NJ that basically scammed money out of people for a “police charity” ( actually around 10 percent of the proceeds went to police lol) As the story progressed it became clear that the company organizing this “charity drive” were hiring convicted criminals straight out of prison basically (one of their most successful “closers” regularly nodded of in a heroin haze at his desk), and the story only gets weirder from there lol. I recommend it