• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How to make my Black Tar Heroin less acidic

smackem

Bluelighter
Hi guys, long time!

Anyway, I am messing around with that black tar again and have run into an issue.

Years of IV drug use have left my arms a wreck, as far as finding veins. I have looked at my feet but never found anything other than a one-off lucky shot. I am fine with getting less of a rush for another less harmful MOA. Thing is, I also need the bioavalability to be high. The heroin induced constipation knocks out plugging _most_ of the time as my rock turds absorb the heroin solution (I think) when my colon is stuff to the brim with brown concrete. If I can manage to give birth to a pineapple out of my ass beforehand the plugging works a lot better. Skin popping and IM are kinda out of the questions right now because it is actually more unsafe than IVing from an abscess perspective. Even if I do find a new vein, it doesn't last long with this dope. I need a new plan.

If you couldn't IV IM or SC, what would you use to get the most out of your tar? All I want to do is use it without wasting it. Even sniffing the water hurts my sinuses. The only thing that doesn't hurt is plugging and smoking.

So, I firmly beilive my dope is more acidic than it needs be. It stings like a motherfucker going in and that contributed largely to my veins shrinking up and going away. Even veins that used to be juicy, where I always used a fresh rig and never missed; resulted in the vein getting thinner and thinner until it was almost gone. If I miss, there is a hard lump of what I assume is scar tissue under the skin. This lump is much smaller to non existent if I do the following.

I have experimented with putting some baking soda in my spoon to balance out the PH. If I used a VERY VERY small amount (the amount balanced on half an inch of a toothpick), everything seems to work good. I know one thing, the shot burns 100x less. I am afraid I am turning my heroin HCL into heroin freebase and making it not soluble in water though, thereby wasting dope. Is this a wise way to lower the acidity? How can I make sure I don't lower it took much and start to waste dope?

One time I added too much baking soda and the solution went from dark black to light brown. Black rubbery chunks floated atop. These chunks were very gummy and very small. Enough to cover the plunger end where your thumb goes. I suspected this was freebase and tasted it. It tasted of nothing. The solution tasted of nothing. Well, not nothing, but not the tell-tale hallmark opioid taste.

So how can I make sure my shots are only as acidic as they need be and not as acidic as vinegar? I am tired of mutilating my arms because opiates are too expensive.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
If you couldn't IV IM or SC, what would you use to get the most out of your tar?
People smoke it successfully and even snort it once they have it dissolved.

So how can I make sure my shots are only as acidic as they need be and not as acidic as vinegar? I am tired of mutilating my arms because opiates are too expensive.
You're right, tar is known for damaging veins more than regular powder dope. I can't comment on whether that's due to its acidity or possibly something else within it. I also can't comment on how harmful it is to be iv'ing baking powder, even in small amounts.

Why not just dilute it more, if you're hell bent on iv'ing it?

I guess I could... Thing is, I'm not hellbent on IVing it. Its just the other MOA offer so little in terms of BIOAVALABILITY.

Smoking has a high bioavailability, and if you can perfect the smoking technique, I don't think you'd be wasting very much at all.

I'm not very good at smoking yet...

Here is my method. I make the foil canoe, that I have seen my tweaker friends make a decade ago when they were smoking 'crank'. I put a blob on there the size of a pea. I tilt the canoe about 60 degrees with the pea of tar at the top. I light and let it run down the foil. I don't get much smoke as it runs, I get more smoke when I go back over the 'tar trail' that has been left behind. I use a pen as a tutor.

Does this sound right?

^
Yeah, that sounds right.

I've also seen videos of people making "tar trails" to begin with, by adding a bit of water and dissolving the tar into a trail. Then they'll light underneath it and run the flame along the trail sucking up smoke with a tube. Give that method a try.

I've been thinking about that. I am afraid the acidic-ness of the solution will still form hard lumps under my skin. Also, I am afraid that depending on the size of the micro filter, i may lose as much as 60% one each shot.