• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to make heroin into morphine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesontour04

Greenlighter
I read somewhere that if you leave heroin in water, with lowered ph, it will convert itself into morphine, is this true?

Yea I remember seeing that a couple weeks ago, that for instance if u leave dope in a rig with water and leave it for a day it'll convert to morphine.

I do not know but I can corroborate your suspicious.

According to the epas website heroin decomposed at ph 7 (neutral) over hundreds of days ph 8 weeks ph 4 minimally and in boiling water for a unspecified time. It is unclear what percentage decomposed what percentage converted to acetylmorphine and what percentage turned morphine

I don't think there is any easy reliable way to just simply convert heroin to morphine. Atleast, not as simple as leaving it dissolved in water of a particular pH. As d1nach pointed out there is more going on then conversion to morphine (conversion to other things, decomposition into inert things, etc).

One could orally consuming heroin if one was trying to obtain a morphine like high. A lot of the heroin would be converted to morphine during first pass metabolism. Though I think most heroin users would cringe at the the thought of "wasting" their heroin by swallowing it... lol...But to each their own i suppose?

I agree even if you could convert heroin to morpphine it would be a waste. Heroin is diacetylmorphine. By esterfying the two hydroxy groups with acetyl groups the potency of morphine is increased. It is like trying to convert aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) to salicylic acid allyou would do is decrease the potency of the drug

I don't really understand the point of something like this. It took me 5 minutes or so to actually think of an "out of left field" reason why someone would ever want to do this. To clarify, PH of solution plays a role in the rate of the degradation, but yes, if you leave Heroin in solution for an extended period of time, it will revert to Morphine. I'm going to close this, as it's not in line with Harm Reduction. It's also kind of stupid honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.