• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to lower BP after using Phenidate stimulants?

I bought some 4-me-tmp recently and yes, it definitely does raise the blood pressure. I do find myself taking large doses (I've gone through a good 200mg in a day). Comedown is pretty rough at that level. Overall I find the comedown is quite a bit harsher than 4-F-MPH (which isn't saying a whole lot since 4-F-MPH has a mild comedown).

I can't imagine 20mg causes too significant a spike in blood pressure but you might try 500mg-800mg of agmatine, which should offset whatever increase it gave you. At high doses, 80mg+ of 4-me-tmp, my head feels like its going to pop. I've got mixed opinions on the drug but its definitely not nearly as good as methylphenidate proper. Given the milder comedown i feel like 4-F-MPH is usually superior to 4-me-tmp, but 4-me-tmp definitely has some brightening properties that are more reminiscent of methylphenidate. Like methylphenidate, 4-me-tmp has visual "brightening" effect that 4-F-MPH, and such an effect I associate with euphoria. But it is never quite there in that regard. That said, the blood pressure certainly gets there 🤯
My blood pressure sees a noticeable increase at 15mg, and it gets uncomfortable at 20-25mg. It does seem to be the worst the moment it kicks in. The first 45 minutes can be rough but it usually levels out. I mean my blood pressure remains pretty high the whole time, but its just that first 45 minutes where I'm like "Oh shit, maybe I should lay down".

I'm tempted to try 80mg because I've heard a few reports saying that it's extremely euphoric at that dose, but I doubt I'll ever go through with jt considering the side effects that I get with 80mg spread out throughout the whole day.

I honestly have found the comedown to be pretty easy. I've only done like 100mg at most in a day so far. It's a long comedown but I can usually stay entertained. There's a bit of a desire to redose but not too bad, and I'm able to fight it, which is pretty damn good for me because I have dealt with extreme stimulant addiction in the past.

4F-MPH is overall the smoother chemical I think. 4-me-tmp has just a slight bit more euphoria than 4f-MPH, but not much. Neither of them touch Methylphenidate or Ethylphenidate in terms of euphoria though.

It's main activity when taken alone may be mediated mostly via imidazoline receptors (so a bit like moxonidine in that regard).
I haven't been able to find a journal article that fully explains the effect of imidazoline agonism in and of itself, not just as something secondary or subordinate to a2-agonism.

I know that tizanidine, for instance, is a stronger imidazoline agonist than clonidine, but I don't know what this means in terms of real-world physical effects. (IIRC, guanfacine hardly acts on imidazoline receptors at all, but I've never tried it so can't anecdotally compare.)

I've had a similar issue trying to understand the impact of selectivity for a2 vs a1.

Apparently, clonidine is more promiscuous in its alpha-agonism than was previously thought. But it's not clear to me how its action on the a1 influences its effects, or how much.

Some, like dexmedetomidine (Precedex), are much more selective for a2 than clonidine is. In the article I read, the tone suggested that this was a plus, possibly making it "better" than other alpha-agonists, but I'm not exactly sure why, or for which uses, that might be the case. (I think guanfacine is also very selective for a2 but I don't know if it's considered an advantage.)

I'm tempted to try 80mg because I've heard a few reports saying that it's extremely euphoric at that dose, but I doubt I'll ever go through with jt considering the side effects that I get with 80mg spread out throughout the whole day.
I thought the same about ethylphenidate, all the people telling it was like coke etc and did a higher dosage - big mistake. Just a big anxiety attack, had to lie down. These phenidates are best used in moderation.

I thought the same about ethylphenidate, all the people telling it was like coke etc and did a higher dosage - big mistake. Just a big anxiety attack, had to lie down. These phenidates are best used in moderation.
I'll keep that in mind. I imagine one must have a huge tolerance to enjoy stims in high doses.

I remember one time when I was using PVs and Ethylphenidate heavily, after coming off of heavy meth use, I did a REALLY big line of Ethylphenidate. Like maybe 5 or 6 inches long, and not too skinny. It was a pseudo-attempt on my life. I just had a bad case of the "f its" and figured if I die then I die.

That line made me feel soooo good. I don't remember much in the way of physical side effects either. Now thus is NOT me recommending anyone do insane doses of any stimulant. I'm just trying to highlight the role of tolerance in enjoying high doses of stimulants.

Edit: I decided to take some 4-Me-Tmp today. Didnt seem to raise my BP quite as much as the first 2 times. Still, once I got to around 20mg my BP increase was rather noticeable. So I took a capsule of Magnesium Glycinate and a capsule of Cayenne Pepper. I got a small tummy ache now but my heart feels like it would if I hadn't taken any stims.

Last edited: