• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How to limit weed

HezzaD

Bluelighter
Got like two g no pay till Tues I'm smoking ok little bong weed grinsws with dry tobacco how can make this last and not get tempted to have several bonga in a row.

I think you have the right idea mixing your weed with tobacco but I imagine it wouldn't taste so good. (moving to CD)

Hezza, you can do pretty much anything to stretch your weed. The key is just not smoking it (obviously, right?) but to do that you need to find another way to occupy yourself.

The list is close to never-ending with what you can do besides smoke pot after you've smoked pot, so I'll just offer what I would do: Hit a bowl, grab a beer and read a book -or- get lost in a video game -or- binge-watch one of my favorite TV shows. I used to exercise a lot (lift and smoke/smoke then cardio) but the past year's done a number on my psyche/motivation when it comes to that.

It's strange, though when you find something you really enjoy, you'll find that weed isn't necessary to continue enjoying it. It's easier said than done but you gotta find yourself some other interests, brutha.... like a puppy. I just got a new puppy and holy shit I'm so happy I'm not even worried about tree.

Salutations HezzaD,

Got like two g... ... ...I'm smoking...

Smoking sacrifices nearly one half of the noble molecules to heat up and contaminate the other half with toxic compounds resulting from combustion, as if it were vulgar charcoal only meant to fuel a fire while you self-poison via vegetal fiber pyrolisis. Consequently i'd advice to stop wasting good material, then my next advice would be to adopt a "1-Hitter" solution which you'd have got the money for if you hadn't acquired a "bong" accessory which you could have bought at a later time, hence i'd say revise your priorities...

Ritual that results from the consumption method will shape your consumer profile by promoting abuse or by helping you to gain some self-awareness. My daily tool does that by providing a visual hint how far a session went, because of moisture which absorbs into the PVC surface of my flexible extension tubing, which also demonstrates why i don't even need a water toy at all to begin with. In addition the "1-Hitter" mode applied to my pipe allows me to forget it right away the next second after i got my toke, which means moderation is bound to become a natural tendency after habit and skills are acquired.

There are low-cost affordable solutions out there though i don't have access to those and i've found my own solution(s) anyway, for example i sort of liked a concept called NimbinVap where the hot core is surrounded by a wooden heat isolator. Another one which seems even more promissing is the DynaVap line which has an audible indicator to assist the operator so he can avoid accidental combustion (actually it's even opening the door to electro-magnetic induction heat but that would be kind of premature for you i figure).

In any case it's too late to optimize your spending, so why not just consider those options and keep it in mind until the next crisis? Who knows, after a few weeks (or months or even years - decades in my personal case...) you might realize that your immediate present priority closes the door to other scenarios designed to promote "harm reduction" instead of abuse on the long run.

Ride the razor edge of your tolerance threshold instead of hitting a wall like when planes couldn't pass the sound barrier. Micro-dosage might be fun too, especially in good company IMO.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Get a vaporizer. I do not recommend mixing with tobacco although that could limit how much of your stash you use. Tobacco use has been linked to cancer and probably completely masks the taste of the cannabis. With a vaporizer, not only do you get high, but you can save what is left over [AVB(Already Been Vaped)] and you can orally consume it for a slight high. One-hitters also save your stash for a little longer, but from my experience it takes many hits to get a nice high.

Hi again HezzaD,
Salutations HJ420,

One-hitters also save your stash for a little longer, but from my experience it takes many hits to get a nice high.

Indeed. Honestly i don't believe i ever stopped at 2 or 3 tokes or even tried, it's just too much appeal exploring the nuances.

...two g... ...till Tues...

Lets attempt some basic calculations! M'well, i often confuse tuesday and thursday, in this case that's 2 g over 3 days, hence 666 mg per day... Hummm... 666!

suspicious.gif

That's about 1? time what i consume daily and i'd be toking ~19 times a day using 35 mg bowls, or over 33 times at 20 mg each (if i'm not mistaking).

Depending on age and activity it may suffice to toke just a few times every 3 ~ 4 hours so that would probably leave you enough to stretch it by a day or 2 - *if* it didn't go up in smoke 1st!...

Lets assume a continuous consumption rate of 5 tokes every 3 hours or almost 27 tokes daily. At 20 mg that's a 540 mg/d consumption rate, at 35 mg per bowl it rises to 945 mg/d. So it may not seem like much but the difference could accumulate and render predictions difficult. If we cut it mid-way, using 25 mg bowls then that's 625 mg/d and this would mean the requirement to last 3 days ain't this hard to reach at all. Now imagine if a few tokes/sessions are skipped, say 4 tokes every 4 hours but only starting in the afternoon, etc...

Choices!!

Good day, have fun!!
biggrin.gif