• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! How to kill the buzz to get some sleep?

Psyder2

Greenlighter
Any tips for killing the psychedelic buzz (specifically LSD) so that I can get to sleep - even when I take it at 7am, I still spend most of the night awake.

Benzodiazepines, either traditional (Xanax) or more recent ones (bromazolam is esp. effective for this purpose ime), or (less preferable imo) an anti-psychotic like Seroquel.

beer and weed for me if you want a more natural sedative. at 14-16 hours in this should help you get to sleep.

Exercise. Punch a wall.

Edit: I mean do put a mattress in front of it first or sumn..

Last edited:
Benzos, as said. Yeah, acid does the same to me. One standard hit has me tripping for 5 hours, maybe 8, but wide awake for 10-12 or more. On the positive side, it's a very pleasant up feeling.
I usually do OK if I start early as you mention you've tried, but I feel a little fuzzy/sleepy on the comeup which is a bit of a minus. If I do that, smoking some reefer is enough for sleep. If I start midday or so, a benzo is great to have. If you wait until the 8th hour or so, you don't need to take a huge dose. Like, 5mg Valium might surprise you if you lay the fuck down.

When I was young (teens into 20's) I could take a hit of acid at 6:00PM, and fall asleep by 3-4 AM simply by smoking weed and laying in the dark. If you take acid enough the stimulating part gets less and I was able to sink into the mental part. Then some years later I would drink 3-4 beers around 10 hours after a hit and smoke weed to sleep. Then years later an opiate. When I stopped drinking I would take a 20 mgs oxycontin 12-14 hours after acid. They were all over in the 90's from a neighbor so I did that for some years. Fast forward to now, I take a little kratom and like 1 mgs of etizolam or . 5 alprazolam and it knocks me out.

It for sure gets harder to sleep after psychedelics as I age. I almost always need a tiny benzo about 12 hours after these days. Meanwhile when I was young just weed helped me sleep. However i will say I don't use benzos a lot, very occasionally. So before I even take a psychedelic I like to be weeks out from my last benzo. Not sure why but if I took 5 mgs of diazepam I have it in my head it will still be in me a week later. Not sure how true that is but I know some have long half lives. But these days I will take a benzo to come down and sleep like this.

1. 12 hours after LSD
2. 8 hours after Mushrooms
3. 14 hours after Cactus
4. 5-6 hours after 4-ACO-DMT.

The only psychedelic I can use and be asleep within the same hour without anything at all is DMT. That stuff wears off so cleanly that an hour later it is like nothing happened no matter how intense it is. Actually Salvia too. I can fall asleep naturally they are so quick.

Largactil. Aka Thorazine.
Great for psychedelic insomnia and Rictus removal.
They're the only effects I've had from ANY hallucinogen.

Pity it doesn't work for Amitriptyline withdrawal particularly with a new Bupropion prescription at the same time.
I'm averaging 3 hours/ week and Zolpidem/ Valium does nothing.

When I was young (teens into 20's) I could take a hit of acid at 6:00PM, and fall asleep by 3-4 AM simply by smoking weed and laying in the dark. If you take acid enough the stimulating part gets less and I was able to sink into the mental part. Then some years later I would drink 3-4 beers around 10 hours after a hit and smoke weed to sleep. Then years later an opiate. When I stopped drinking I would take a 20 mgs oxycontin 12-14 hours after acid. They were all over in the 90's from a neighbor so I did that for some years. Fast forward to now, I take a little kratom and like 1 mgs of etizolam or . 5 alprazolam and it knocks me out.

It for sure gets harder to sleep after psychedelics as I age. I almost always need a tiny benzo about 12 hours after these days. Meanwhile when I was young just weed helped me sleep. However i will say I don't use benzos a lot, very occasionally. So before I even take a psychedelic I like to be weeks out from my last benzo. Not sure why but if I took 5 mgs of diazepam I have it in my head it will still be in me a week later. Not sure how true that is but I know some have long half lives. But these days I will take a benzo to come down and sleep like this.

1. 12 hours after LSD
2. 8 hours after Mushrooms
3. 14 hours after Cactus
4. 5-6 hours after 4-ACO-DMT.

The only psychedelic I can use and be asleep within the same hour without anything at all is DMT. That stuff wears off so cleanly that an hour later it is like nothing happened no matter how intense it is. Actually Salvia too. I can fall asleep naturally they are so quick.
5. 24 hour's (or more) after a DOx substance, at 18 hour's no ammount of Benzo's with a bit of Booze knocked me out enough to sleep or relax.

Diazepam, which I took 5 day's in Detox (80,40,30,20 and 10 mg) was still fealable and detectable 14 day's after cessation. Do get why people get addicted to this allrounder heavy weight champion.