• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to IV HydroMorph-Contin(Time Release Hydromorphone Capsules)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a granite mortar and pestle to crushed the beads from the hydromorph contin capsules. I noticed then when I put my finger into the mortar there is granite residues. I am a bit scared. Is it toxic to the organism, in particular veins or nasal cavities? The cottons filters gave in needles exchange can filter those granite particules?

Thanks in advance!

^granite particles will accumulate and eventually block a vein, your alveole etc. as your body can't metabolise and excete them.
If the particles are big enough a cotton filter should filter them, but better not try it and simply buy a new mortar and pestle

And use a micron filter if you inject pills!

Do you have any certainty about that? I mean, a good pestle and mortar is expensive.

What kind of pestle and mortar you guys use to crushed those beads? Stainless, marble?

If I put a sheet of waxed paper in the bowl, I might avoid this issue.

Any suggestions/alternatives are welcome!

Last edited:
To crushed those beads I used this time a glass and a ceramic pestle from a friend of mine. I checked with my finger and no ceramic particules appeared on nor during the process. It worked pretty well. I did that for about 15 minutes.

Then, I poured the fine powder in a paper sheet well sealed and applied my heavy granite pestle for an extra re-crushed. It was a 18mg HMC and surprisingly it doesn't make a lot of powder. The powder's color is kinda beige and not white as expected.

Is that normal? Someone has experienced it?

Last edited:
This should have been closed for misinformation years ago..

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.