• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to increase your sensitivity/euphoria and duration from adderall instant release?

Intenselife

Bluelighter
Hey, ok so i made my last post about adderall and how i recently got prescribed 2 20mg ir's. I also stated that after taking them 5 days in a row (more then i intended) that the euphoria, mood lift, and overall effect of the adderall had decreased. Although i should be taking it like prescribed which is everyday twice a day which is what i was doing, i'm trying to not become addicted to it, to obtain a real good feeling that can help me with many things when not taken everyday. I am waiting for the 48th hour mark of taking no adderall to dose again, with 40mg at once. (My goal is to never take more than 60 in a day). I want to know if anyone here personally has or does use adderall instant release and finds it to be more effective when taking frequent breaks in between?

1) If a large dose of vitamin C is taken during a break wouldn't that make a lot of the present adderall in the system decrease, hence naturally decreasing tolerance and allowing you to feel stronger effects of the adderall as oppsosed to taking them everyday? It makes clear sense, but i never hear anyone mention it

2) I did not like the antacid thing before taking adderall because it made it more mellow and less speedy/euphoric. I just got a new job and want to know anything real beneficial to buy at a vitamin store, to make the high longer, more euphoric, and just better.

3) People often report using low doses of dxm on the days not using adderall can help prevent/reverse tolerance in some peoples cases, i bought nyquil last night and it does have one or two other ingredients that should not interfere in anything, but has dxm 30mg as it's main one. I took just one typical dose as you would if you were sick last night, and will do it again tonight, will this have any noticable effect on when i take the adderalls again tomorrow or no.

4) Is their anything else i can do, will these frequent breaks in between doses help quiet a bit to maintain the power of the adderall, i think that is probably the best thing you can do, if you take adderall everyday you will lose a lot of it's positive effects, and if you take them seldomly you will keep those positive effects, but who knows

5) Lastly anything else that can increase sensitivity to when you take adderall (exercise, vitamin water, specific types of vitamins etc) That should be a good ass dose 40mg for someone with still little tolerance, considering people claim to be flying high or receiving positive effects from even 10-15 mg of instant release. As far as the nasty nasty comedown goes i am waiting to order these homoepathic medicine that i have used in egypt before made in germany that contain valerian root, and a bunch of other herbs/vitamins with 64% alcohol, and i never thought pouring 10-15 drops of these with a little juice or whatever make you extremely drunk, equivalent for me taking like 8 shots, and it's not addicting, helps with many symptoms etc.

Anyone? I thought their would be a lot of adderall users that could shed some light pleasee

Last edited by a moderator:
1) I don't know if vitamin C even aids in the metabolism of amphetamine. It is excreted pretty quickly by your kidneys, and to a great degree unaltered.

2) Amphetamine Neurotoxicity and Tolerance Reduction/Prevention: Part I Part II Part III

3) Generally you want to make taking a low dose of DXM part of your off day regimen to help reduce the accumulation of tolerance IIRC. I'm sure someone else will chime in, but those links above should explain it as well.

4) Frequent breaks will help, but even weekly dosing will eventually cause the drug's effects to change.

5) Taking vitamins and supplements will definitely help support functionality, but aside from basifying the stomach contents I can't think of anything along those lines that would help intensify the effects. Taking a valerian tincture is a fine idea, but I wouldn't go and say it isn't addictive if you say you're consuming the equivalent of 8 shots of acohol.

I don't see how vitamin C would help, but its true: supplements and vitamins are useful for mitigating the negative side effects from amphetamine, especially in a long term context. But nothing will keep the effects from evolving or the magic from going away. And nothing except maybe cimetidine truly potentiates the effects.

The thing you can do that will have the greatest impact is to get enough restful sleep, exercise and eat well. The most effective supplements are l-tyrosine and 5-htp or l-tryptophan. Use them cautiously as they increase the concentrations of dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin.

Vitamin C increases excretion of amphetamine by dropping pH of the body and piss. But it'll still take several hours for it to works its way out.

Most other questions are answered.

P.S. I mean lowering pH; was trying to say upping acidity

Last edited:
Well well well, i got through the 48 hour break without much difficulty and I must say after taking 40mg it surprised me and turned out to be a pretty decent high/euphoric/etc. I do personally think though that taking 1000mg of vitamin c yesterday made some difference, because it's common logic, if you take it to try and get rid of the adderall out of your system faster, than wouldn't that also in return leave less adderall in your body and a bit less tolerant. I also noticed what you are doing etc makes a difference on your high, sometimes i get up into uncomfortable conversations with myself during the high about problems/worries that i have going and feel a bit more anxious than I normally would. But when i was talking to someone with an interesting conversation for two hours (remainder of the high) i felt pretty engaged and euphoric.

But the mere fact i knew the comedown was coming and that i smoked my last cigarette (on and off smoker) made me take the 2 other adderalls i saved up from yesterdays dose, and a zantac. I feel soooo guilty because i should of just drank the damn green tea, took a few shots of nyquil and my 2 klonopins and i wouldn't be fabulous but it would be bearable. Now that's a total of 80mg! (and im still waiting for the second dose to kick in, if it even does.. IT BETTER!) I just can't think about coming down because i realized that makes it worse and come on faster to an extent.

So now instead of a 48 hour break, i'm going on one for 96 (4 days) which should be plentyyyyy of time off, i told myself you did the crime (took two extras and gave in) now you must punish yourself, and have to wait longer to seek the rewarding effects of the adderall again since you doubled the dose.

In conclusion i have been experimenting around to see what works for me, the only other times in the past i did adderall 60mg instant release twice a week i remember feeling a bit more euphoric than meth but with a much shorter high and a very very very nasty comedown that i began to hate the drug. Now that i have anxiety medicine it makes the comedown only a little easier because i don't abuse them and take them as prescribed. The high was good and great for 3 hours before i felt it slowly coming down and probably by the 4th or 5th hour i'd be in the stupid comedown, so i figured next time dose at 40mg, wait an hour and then dose one more 20mg and it should keep the great effects for another hour atleast without passing my personal limit that i'd like to forever not cross when using adderall (60mg). Oh god i don't feel the re-dose kicking in, i don't wanna imagine what i'm gonna feel like in a few hours i just can't. Atleast i start my new job tomorrow it will keep me busy and reminding myself what would be the point in taking any of the adderall since you won't feel a good high/effects until you wait a good solid 4 days. Hopefully i won't feel TOO shitty, oh god forgive me shitsicles. I would personally take an opiate addiction anyday over an amphetamine addiction, the mental depression and irritability, lack of motivation during the comedown can drive me insane, and that's not even from daily use or "abusing" them. Ok time to fixate on another issue.

I don't like this "take an antacid" before or during to enhance your buzz or prolong it, it makes it so much more mellow calm and not as up and tweaky, i feel euphoric but not like fuzzing my hair around (although even when i do i can control it if needed). Instead i'm just....idk not as UP. Weird it's almost like an opiate high minus the sedation and tiredness. But i'm calm as a cucumber and not so thrilly nifty. The euphoria is stronger underneath this zantac, ugh.

Dude I see you having a script for adderall ending very badly. You're abusing it to hell, trying to potentiate it already, and basically bragging you didn't abuse for 48 hours. That's not too impressive mate :/

I'd ask to switch to concerta if you want it for legitimate purposes as its harder to abuse.

I'm suppose to be taking it everyday twice a day at 20mgir and that is exactly what i did, took two days off and tried a higher dose today. As i already concluded i didn't feel amazing about it and had a since of guilt, i wouldn't be even considering taking a 4 day break if abusing it is exactly what i wanted to do. I would probably gone through the script, or atleast just take it as prescribed, but if taking it less often retains the positive effects over the negative ones and prevents an addiction than i'd rather do that. Unless my adhd was to the point where i had to take it everyday. And the the reason i was trying to "potentiate" it is so i could use lower doses that stay in effect for a longer duration, but in my opinion from trying to "potentiate it" it's best to just frequent breaks in between dosing and to atleast have limits you would not like to cross, I don't think if was dedicated to simply abusing them, i would consider half the things i said but rather instead to prevent myself from abusing them and setting my limits and guidelines to follow by. I only once had a script for adderall before and it was a one time thing 30 30mg IR's, and i managed to do it twice a week and even after that never wanted them again because of the comedown.

I missed the part about 48 hours... So yes, this would be relevant in such a short time frame since the previous dose would not be completely metabolized and excreted.

Taking periodic breaks from consistent amphetamine use is a very good thing to do, and is an excellent habit to get into for someone who is negotiating the risk laden slopes of long term use. With that said, 48hrs is a very short period of time to have such high expectations, though I'm sure you were at least in part simply being optimistic in what you hoped to achieve. It can take months but more likely years, depending on the frequency, duration and intensity of the use of course, before it becomes realistic to actually expect a marked or even significant re-sensitization to the drug and for those nostalgic good old-timey effects to host a fleeting revival.

I recently got back on Adderall, and shortly after that my doctor retired, so I had to go through the grueling process of seeing a new doctor (in MS shit is ridiculous, as you can imagine- doctors here wouldn't prescribe vicodin if a tractor ran over your face...Benzos are evil and not to be used except for delirium tremens or seizures, pseudoephedrine requires a prescription, and prescription stimulants are on lockdown like Fort Knox... Thanks meth epidemic!). The one I was referred to refused to continue treatment and refill my prescription, which ran out of the day before, without seeing a written account of my original ADHD diagnosis from 23yrs ago. I took ten days before I could see another MD, and one willing to prescribe, albeit after a twenty minute lecture on diversion, addiction, abuse, addiction, physiological perils, diversion and federal and state laws, and also addiction and abuse. After a week and a half break taking all the supplements etc I definitely felt strong effects from a 15mg dose- hyperthermia, hypervigilance, some euphoria, and that trademark supernatural energy, drive and mental acuity. But the next day it was back to the usual bland but therapeutic effects. This break was not by choice, but I'm glad it worked out that way. It's something that people taking stimulants every day should consider to be a critical and necessary component of that routine.

Yeah this is like almost my third week with the adderalls. After taking the prescribed dose for the first 4 days (20mg ir twice a day) that i was usually snorting (1 pill then the other 4 hours later) it was working pretty good but by day 5 it was losing it's positive effects (euphoria, EXTREME motivation, sociability) and instead making me get an even more depressed feeling when it would wear off and headaches. So that's when i decided i need a 48 hour break. WHICH WORKED!

But then after that dose i realized the next time i waited 48 hours it wasn't working as great, so i bumped up my breaks to 72 hours (I increased my dosage a bit too since i figured i wasn't taking it daily). After doing 60mg orally every 72 hours after the 4th time (which is right now) I feel euphoric but even less, also could be because one of those days, i became an idiot an took 40 more mg, after doing my 40mg dose with good results, to avoid the shit comedown and while it worked that made it a total of 80mg, which my brain could of assumed i need more even from that one time.

So after today, luckily i have work for the next 5 days this week which i'm going to avoid using it for... let me calculate 120 hours which in my opinion is a pretty good amount of time to get rid of a good portion of the adderall, because i think i fucked it up by taking the prescribed dose for the first 4 days. Also to make it better i got some 500mg vitamin c to take daily on my off days that has and should help further decrease any tolerance, and some magnesium.

I'm just glad i haven't been taking them daily or binging on them because that would make it real hard to achieve the motivation effects, euphoria, strong mood lift like the first few times. I just like to use when i have a day off, since my life currently is extremely boring and restricted it helps me study or do anything you know "motivation" that i typically lack because of minor adhd and depression. I don't get as tempted to want to use them at work since i'm already in a better mood at work, and can function just not when i'm at home all day.

Although i'm not taking them as the psychiatrist would want 20mgir twice a day, i can't say that it's a bad thing either to avoid an addiction when i can by taking breaks to obtain the true effects of adderall to the maximum. My friend tells me often if he had my adderall he would have them all finished before the script was even up and doesn't know how i can have sitting around and not constantly munch on them. But i want to avoid of addiction, and keep the amazing effects of adderall that i need on certain days. Yeah if i had extreme adhd, i'd probably be taking the prescribed dose, but luckily i can function decently without needing them daily which saves me from a heck of problems.

textbook warning signs - drug addicts thinking process

Hey, ok so i made my last post about adderall and how i recently got prescribed 2 20mg ir's. I also stated that after taking them 5 days in a row (more then i intended) that the euphoria, mood lift, and overall effect of the adderall had decreased. Although i should be taking it like prescribed which is everyday twice a day which is what i was doing, i'm trying to not become addicted to it, to obtain a real good feeling that can help me with many things when not taken everyday. I am waiting for the 48th hour mark of taking no adderall to dose again, with 40mg at once. (My goal is to never take more than 60 in a day). I want to know if anyone here personally has or does use adderall instant release and finds it to be more effective when taking frequent breaks in between?

1) If a large dose of vitamin C is taken during a break wouldn't that make a lot of the present adderall in the system decrease, hence naturally decreasing tolerance and allowing you to feel stronger effects of the adderall as oppsosed to taking them everyday? It makes clear sense, but i never hear anyone mention it

2) I did not like the antacid thing before taking adderall because it made it more mellow and less speedy/euphoric. I just got a new job and want to know anything real beneficial to buy at a vitamin store, to make the high longer, more euphoric, and just better.

3) People often report using low doses of dxm on the days not using adderall can help prevent/reverse tolerance in some peoples cases, i bought nyquil last night and it does have one or two other ingredients that should not interfere in anything, but has dxm 30mg as it's main one. I took just one typical dose as you would if you were sick last night, and will do it again tonight, will this have any noticable effect on when i take the adderalls again tomorrow or no.

4) Is their anything else i can do, will these frequent breaks in between doses help quiet a bit to maintain the power of the adderall, i think that is probably the best thing you can do, if you take adderall everyday you will lose a lot of it's positive effects, and if you take them seldomly you will keep those positive effects, but who knows

5) Lastly anything else that can increase sensitivity to when you take adderall (exercise, vitamin water, specific types of vitamins etc) That should be a good ass dose 40mg for someone with still little tolerance, considering people claim to be flying high or receiving positive effects from even 10-15 mg of instant release. As far as the nasty nasty comedown goes i am waiting to order these homoepathic medicine that i have used in egypt before made in germany that contain valerian root, and a bunch of other herbs/vitamins with 64% alcohol, and i never thought pouring 10-15 drops of these with a little juice or whatever make you extremely drunk, equivalent for me taking like 8 shots, and it's not addicting, helps with many symptoms etc.

Anyone? I thought their would be a lot of adderall users that could shed some light pleasee

the thing about the short-lived euphoria of adderall, the euphoria is unintended and coincidental-isn't the intended therapeutic benefit of the drug...you can't make the euphoria of adderall happen more often or last longer... you should just be happy when it happens and stop thinking like a drug addict 8o8o

the thoughts you are having about adderall, you are definitely going to be psychologically dependent upon adderall for months and years after trying stopping taking adderall
my advice is stay the hell away from adderall and go talk to a drug counselor and psychologist about what you said in your post -taking 40mg at one time- wanting the euphoria to happen more often- seek help!!

Dude adds are a once in a while drug not an everyday drug. I feel bad a jack ass doctor would tell you take them everyday so you get a habit, a higher dose, and maybe extra sessions seeing him, all because all that stuff you are getting and the more the better, is how he makes all that money. Trust me if you can do without it and get by the day without, just do it once in awhile, because if you get hooked withdrawal from drugs is them worst feeling you can ever imagine. You sound young keep the drugs once in a while for fun, cause if you get addicted to any drugs with a withdrawal, you'll wish you were dead, that's how bad it feels and there really is nothing to help, because you'll get hooked on that, so you would just have to wait it out, sometimes 3 months. Don't be stupid,have fun, just not everyday.

Well well well, i got through the 48 hour break without much difficulty and I must say after taking 40mg it surprised me and turned out to be a pretty decent high/euphoric/etc. I do personally think though that taking 1000mg of vitamin c yesterday made some difference, because it's common logic, if you take it to try and get rid of the adderall out of your system faster, than wouldn't that also in return leave less adderall in your body and a bit less tolerant. I also noticed what you are doing etc makes a difference on your high, sometimes i get up into uncomfortable conversations with myself during the high about problems/worries that i have going and feel a bit more anxious than I normally would. But when i was talking to someone with an interesting conversation for two hours (remainder of the high) i felt pretty engaged and euphoric.

But the mere fact i knew the comedown was coming and that i smoked my last cigarette (on and off smoker) made me take the 2 other adderalls i saved up from yesterdays dose, and a zantac. I feel soooo guilty because i should of just drank the damn green tea, took a few shots of nyquil and my 2 klonopins and i wouldn't be fabulous but it would be bearable. Now that's a total of 80mg! (and im still waiting for the second dose to kick in, if it even does.. IT BETTER!) I just can't think about coming down because i realized that makes it worse and come on faster to an extent.

So now instead of a 48 hour break, i'm going on one for 96 (4 days) which should be plentyyyyy of time off, i told myself you did the crime (took two extras and gave in) now you must punish yourself, and have to wait longer to seek the rewarding effects of the adderall again since you doubled the dose.

In conclusion i have been experimenting around to see what works for me, the only other times in the past i did adderall 60mg instant release twice a week i remember feeling a bit more euphoric than meth but with a much shorter high and a very very very nasty comedown that i began to hate the drug. Now that i have anxiety medicine it makes the comedown only a little easier because i don't abuse them and take them as prescribed. The high was good and great for 3 hours before i felt it slowly coming down and probably by the 4th or 5th hour i'd be in the stupid comedown, so i figured next time dose at 40mg, wait an hour and then dose one more 20mg and it should keep the great effects for another hour atleast without passing my personal limit that i'd like to forever not cross when using adderall (60mg). Oh god i don't feel the re-dose kicking in, i don't wanna imagine what i'm gonna feel like in a few hours i just can't. Atleast i start my new job tomorrow it will keep me busy and reminding myself what would be the point in taking any of the adderall since you won't feel a good high/effects until you wait a good solid 4 days. Hopefully i won't feel TOO shitty, oh god forgive me shitsicles. I would personally take an opiate addiction anyday over an amphetamine addiction, the mental depression and irritability, lack of motivation during the comedown can drive me insane, and that's not even from daily use or "abusing" them. Ok time to fixate on another issue.

Hey intenselife, I know this thread is from 2013 and I have never posted on this site, but after reading your post I had to say something. I know you were just saying it light heartedly and probably without much thought but saying, “I would personally take an opiate addiction anyday over an amphetamine addiction“ is completely absurd and made my stomach turn when I read it. I have been an opiate addict for a solid 12 years and have battled with my addiction and getting sober for the last 4 years and I must say it is pure hell trying to get clean and sober. Trust me you would take those words back in a heart beat if you had an opiate addiction. Getting off amphetamines is a walk in the park physically when compared to opiates. Mentally and emotionally they are equally as difficult on an addict. I wouldn’t wish opiate withdrawal on my worst enemy with how bad it gets. I wish you the best and don’t know if you will ever even see this. Lol