• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to identify dried Poppy Pods?

aluoxid

Greenlighter
Hey there,

Someone has a few mixed Poppy pods. Is it possibly to tell which one is Papaver somniferum? Two Pods contained black/grayish Seeds, guess these are P. somniferum. Two other Pods contained red/brown seeds, the pods looked like the ones with the black seeds just a little more green inside.

Would it be safe to just try an error or is there any kind of heavy poisonous Poppy?

Many thanks!

kind Regards

Alu

if you don't know what papaver somniferum pods look like, maybe you could do a google image search. they're pretty easy to identify. have fun and as always, be safe!

I know the purple Tasmanian poppy has no morphine(they call it Norman for no morphine) and it's poisonous. It is used to synthesize drugs such as bupe and oxys. It can cause convulsions and death. Google and proceed with caution!

I know the purple Tasmanian poppy has no morphine(they call it Norman for no morphine) and it's poisonous. It is used to synthesize drugs such as bupe and oxys. It can cause convulsions and death. Google and proceed with caution!
Don't you mean the high thebaine content red poppies? Tasmanians are grown in New Zeeland for their morphine content. The reason for this is the red poppies is not p. somniforum while the Tasmanian (named after the area they are grown in) are a p. Somni variation like hens n chickens, gigantium, persian white/blue, gigantium, pink dwarf, azhir, izmir afghan(one of the better var supposedly), etc. There are p. Somni produced for high theibane content, but that is grown more in the pharmaceutical industry to produce opium that can be converted to the hydro/oxy form of opiates easy.

you're not going to be able to judge alkaloid content by looking at dried poppy heads I don't think

Don't you mean the high thebaine content red poppies? Tasmanians are grown in New Zeeland for their morphine content. The reason for this is the red poppies is not p. somniforum while the Tasmanian (named after the area they are grown in) are a p. Somni variation like hens n chickens, gigantium, persian white/blue, gigantium, pink dwarf, azhir, izmir afghan(one of the better var supposedly), etc. There are p. Somni produced for high theibane content, but that is grown more in the pharmaceutical industry to produce opium that can be converted to the hydro/oxy form of opiates easy.
Possibly,lol!!! My point was if this guy is unsure what he has do some research and be careful a mistake can be fatal! I'm not even a novice I just used to enjoy the final synthesized product never fucked with the plant!

/\lucky you wish I had an opium hookup without going dark net.

you're not going to be able to judge alkaloid content by looking at dried poppy heads I don't think
Very true nor if it is P. Somni

I'm sorry let me clarify,I'm not even a novice in dealing with the raw materials(plant) I've not reached beginner stage! Sorry a little drunk and am not being very clear. Now show me some heroin,oxys, or any other man made opiate/opioid and I am your man but plant material,it's all Greek to me!!!

I hear you namnoc... About the same when it comes to opana and other script while the H out here is so bad unless it is the "three piece" that is 2.5 maybe more rather than 3 or 3.5 as it should be, which people with a tolerance shoot 1 gram to the whole bag for a standard rush while there are also ten dollar bags that are like Bloons that are sold in bundles I don't find them to be all that strong.... Honestly the vinegar like smelling/tasting dope that just reeks doesn't get me as well as the coffee smelling stuff I use about a quarter to half g a shot even when I use more than one bloom bag.....

Most my poppy knowledge just comes from internet research while there is one really good thread on the growery that guides going from poppy seed to cooked opium (dissolved in water, filleted of waxs, and dried to give solid amber sap like opium) even a method to utalize the bled pods to the fullest by cooking them all and filtering to give an edible opium like taffy that if one really wanted to they could filter further and make into cooked opium although probably losing a lot.... It even shows how to make opium hash, which I've heard is a waste as hash burns at a temp that would destroy the opium not vaporize it, but I have no experience so don't call me out as I doubt people would do it if it did not work.

If you can find some stray seeds in it, that's a good way of determining what poppy species they are. Somniferums have a very distinctive seed color and shape.