• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

How to: get wifi without a home broadband internet plan

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
My question is simple: what is the best way to get internet without a home internet plan like with Comcast?

I have my mobile hotspot with MetroPCS, which will supply me 15gb of data. I'm thinking this might not be enough for every month, like if I wanted to stream video or play a game I feel like it would suck up a ton of data.

Is there a way that I'm not thinking of to get internet? Preferably affordable.

I know Verizon sells like little "jetpack" devices that will provide you data, but as far as I know that is somewhat expensive. Is there a way to get a router and like piggy back it off my phone plan or something? Idk, I just don't know.

Any advice would be appreciated!! I will get a cable plan if I absolutely have to but I'd like to avoid it if possible.

if you can prove that you're poor, they'll cover it :shrug:

You might be able to stand outside a nearby shop. I have known people to do this.

It's pretty limiting though.

I will get a cable plan if I absolutely have to
Depending on data need/bandwidth this may be your only stable (if wiring and equipment isnt doa) wireless internet option.
I tried the mob hotspot and all kinds of other shit over the years.
We got the poor people deal at 9.95 a month and atm (until monies run out lol) gov is paying for that... so free internet and kodi stream day and night up in dis joint.
So, yeah, def; depending on needs. If ya need stable, no cap and reliable internet basic internet plan and use your own hardware other than their modem (can use your own if they will activate it). Can work on that later.

I been working on a satellite uplink for a coupla decades now (obvious not that great, right) but if i ever get the connect i will spread the free errything around. lol internet included. You will be the first pm-ed. ;)

This looks like a pretty good deal.

I used to drive a work truck and often needed internet service when not driving around. I would get the wifi passwords at Target or Starbucks and was able to park in their respective parking lot and tie in to my company server on their wfi connection.

if you're lucky one of your neighbors will have insecure wifi you can connect to. i've done that in a pinch.

alasdair

Last edited:
The BLUA

Specifically, you may not:

1. use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:
    1. attempting to solicit, obtain sell or supply contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status or requesting information on how to do so;
    2. posting or exchanging any information on ongoing or future criminal activity, any information which can be construed as discussing such activity or actively encouraging others to engage in criminal activities;

Sent to you via the McDonalds car park up the road... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

if your lucky one of your neighbors will have insecure wifi you can connect to. i've done that in a pinch.

alasdair
the bum fact is that they don't. I've decide to get a usb cellular modem. It will work for my laptop at least for the time being.

The BLUA

Specifically, you may not:

1. use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:
    1. attempting to solicit, obtain sell or supply contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status or requesting information on how to do so;
    2. posting or exchanging any information on ongoing or future criminal activity, any information which can be construed as discussing such activity or actively encouraging others to engage in criminal activities;

Sent to you via the McDonalds car park up the road... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Woopsie! Don't narc me out, bro :LOL:

My question is simple: what is the best way to get internet without a home internet plan like with Comcast?

I have my mobile hotspot with MetroPCS, which will supply me 15gb of data. I'm thinking this might not be enough for every month, like if I wanted to stream video or play a game I feel like it would suck up a ton of data.

Is there a way that I'm not thinking of to get internet? Preferably affordable.

I know Verizon sells like little "jetpack" devices that will provide you data, but as far as I know that is somewhat expensive. Is there a way to get a router and like piggy back it off my phone plan or something? Idk, I just don't know.

Any advice would be appreciated!! I will get a cable plan if I absolutely have to but I'd like to avoid it if possible.
Ask your the ppl next door very nicely for the wifi password. Or if that fails go over for coffee and ask to get the pw.

I need to look into this like I need to prove that just tell them I am the guy who rides that weird shaped bike all over the city screaming weaving in and out of traffic J walking wearing mismatch outfits you wouldn't try to buy from a thrift store.