• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to get this feeling from cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paraddict

Greenlighter
Hello guys,
Today was my first time to smoke cigarettes (I have been smoking before but i just would get the smoke in and out, i wouldn't get the smoke down, if you know what i mean) because i am new to this stuff etc.
I really enjoyed getting the smoke down and not just blowing it out and when i was doing this like a lot i got a dizzy feeling and a really happy feeling... I read that this happens to first time due to the fact that nicotine enters the brain. Now i would like to know, how can i get this feeling everytime i smoke a cigarette? I don't want to lose this feeling, also i want to smoke cigarettes just to get this feeling i don't want to be a chronic smoker... Do you have any ideas on how can i achieve that? Should i smoke like 2 - 3 cigarettes like every 3 days or so or do you have something else to suggest me?
Sorry if this isn't the right category to put this to but i am new to this...
Thanks in advance.

This is what people say is the hardest habit to quit. I can't say. I smoked everything but cigs though I did try and for a while smoked expensive cigars on occasion. I've always wondered if it's the feeling, why not start with the gum or lozenges? Though really nicotine is a horrible substance to put in your body. My vote is switch to quality coffee or better still ask why you need that in your life and what healthy substitute would work (runners high anyone?). Chasing a feeling is what got me into my mess.

That feeling is going to go away very quickly if you smoke with any sort of regularity. This isn't the best way to get your high. On top of being carcinogenic tobacco is highly addictive, more so then most hard drugs.

you should get a vape. you can then change the amount of nicotine in every hit, so that you can get that feeling (where I'm from we call it "domey") off a tiny hit. if you grow tolerant to it and can't get it anymore you can just take a break until you fall back. also vaping is a lot less bad for you than cigarettes, even with the nicotine

this is a disgusting drug taken on a regular basis because its one of the few legal highs out there.

I smoke and it's hard to quit, just drink a 6 pack of beer if you want to get high this badly

Yeah its almost impossible for most people to just stick with smoking causually like you want to do paraddict. I know the feeling you are talking about and it becomes less and less noticeable to you the longer you smoke. Basically at this point I have been smoking cigs for about 10 years now and every cig I smoke feels the same. It doesn't really feel like much at all usually just a very slight uplift in my mood and a bit more energy. and depending on what drugs I have taken that day it can sometimes act as a pontentiator, especially with opioids and weed. But yeah I would try vaping. it is much more healthy than cigarettes and like nau5ea above me posted, you can change the amount of nicotine you want with each container of vape juice anywhere from like 2mg to 32mg I believe.. I could be wrong. I started vaping in jaunuary this year and stuck with it only vaping and smoking maybe 1-2 cigs a day with it, unfortunately I dropped my vape a couple times on the ground and it is now broken.

Well, i remember posting this at August and i am updating you guys with some info.
Well i smoke 4 cigs a day now. The feeling i have talked about is gone, and i can't stay no more than 3-4 days without smoking.

That feeling is a nicotene high...you can still get it. Just have to stop for about 24 hours and then smoke one quite fast. The nicotene high will hit. I've been smoking about ten years and still get that dizzy head rush if u go a day or two with none

I have been smoking cigs for 10 years, half a pack to a pack a day of camel or Marlboro full flavors/lights and can honestly say, that first cig of the day, after I take my prescribed meds(buprenorphine, klonopin, and Adderall) is fucking nice! I do inhale, and I do still get a little nicotine buzz, here and there throughout the day, sometimes more than others... like with that first one, I always get that nicotine, kinda light headed, spacey feeling... hard to explain.. but I know the feeling.. I am totally addicted to cigarettes, just for the sake of smoking them, and how extremely addictive the nicotine is in them... the only times have been able to kick cigs, is when I vape... I now have gone through 2 different "cheapo" vapes, that lasted all of 6 months, then just stopped working correctly.. I didn't crave cigs at all when vaping.. I miss my vape.. but I still like cigs, and hate them at the same time..

Don't start smoking, anyone out there reading this, and thinking "hmmm... I kind of want to try this!", just don't.. its very likely you will get addicted, even after just 1 or a few cigs.. that's how I was, smoked one and was done..

Well, i remember posting this at August and i am updating you guys with some info.
Well i smoke 4 cigs a day now. The feeling i have talked about is gone, and i can't stay no more than 3-4 days without smoking.
Cigarettes lose their luster and before you know it, you'll be smoking a lot more and no benefit. Like someone else mentioned, you could try vaping. Yeah it's still nicotine but without all the chemicals and stench.

Those 4 cigs are very quickly going to turn into half a pack and then a full pack a day before you know it. Quit while you are a head. Not only is it terrible for you but it is an outrageously expensive habit. If you could quit now it will be so much easier than later on when you are truely addicted.

I guarentee almost everyone hooked started with that same mindset. I use dry tobacco directly on my gums 16 hours a day. Once you open the cooke jar its hard to close the cookie jar most will be able to after a few but alot will still go on to develop health issues and some will end up dying from opening the cookie jar. But they all went in with ill just have one cookie. Your basically playing a game of russian roulette depending on what random genes your parents gave you.

I agree with pretty much all the advice everyone has given. A vape might be really helpful because there are a lot of psychoactive chemicals besides nicotine in tobacco, and the vape will satisfy the oral pleasure of sucking in something (no joke, it's a psychological issue that you start to positively associate with) while allowing you to get away from the mao inhibitors in the tobacco. You can then taper your nicotine or even just jump to a nic free e-liquid.

Also, you might end up not wanting to smoke again after doing research on nicotine. I would look up safety information for nicotine as well as info on the nicotinic receptors. Nicotine is extremely toxic. If Im remembering correctly, it's a 4/4 health hazard on the NFPA scale, meaning it's among the most dangerous chemicals you can possibly fuck with. Not trying to scare you out of using drugs, but IMO, smoking tobacco just isn't worth the fleeting pleasure thats impossible to really chase. Nevermind addiction, the cancer risks are real, and I promise you that you'll never want people pulling a tumor out of your lung or snaking a scalpal through your urethra (no joke).

I normally say that the risks with tobacco are a little overblown by the media because occasional use isn't terrible, but it's clear that you're not able to use occasionally. I think it's time to quit before you get sucked in deeper.

Just smoke rarely, maybe once a weak or less. You won't miss the feeling if you do so. Morever, the less hydrated you are when you do it, the most likely you'll get the feeling you are talking about ime.
Personally I never found this feeling that pleasant and I wouldn't chase it, but everyone is different I guess.

Ive been smoking 2-3 cigs every other night for a few months. Usually while im drunk. Ive smoked on and off like this for a few years, i can usually only stand cigs if im high off my sub or something else.

^I usually find nicotine affecting my drunkness in a kinda negative way, reducing the euphoria and entusiasm-energy. How is it for you?

Take the advice of someone above and switch to vaping nicotine. Even at just 4 a day it would be cheaper, and you'd get the feeling you like. Make it taste like bacon if that's your thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.