Technical Problem How to get started

P4Perspectives

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight

I have just joined the site and would like to get started contributing and also asking some questions but it says I am awaiting verification. So in the meanwhile I´ll post this to say hello to you and see if it will let me post. Should it let me post I might as well ask how long this verification will take until I can do things such as changing my avatar image and get access to the relevant categories.

Thanks for reading this.

Hiya. Welcome to Bluelight.

I'm another member like yourself. There's two tier membership; Greenlighters n Bluelighters. Greenlighter until you reach 50 posts. You're limited on a few things until you reach Bluelighter status like you can only send a Private Message (PM) every 180 minutes. When you become a Bluelighter you have a PM limit of 100 messages included sent messages.

Have you still got your Introductory E-mail from Bluelight? If I remember rightly there's links within it called The Greenlighter Guide. This is useful for giving you the basics on Bluelight such as; difference between a Bluelighter n a Greenlighter, staff titles etc i would link them but laptop's broken n I don't have them I'm afraid.

My advice, if you hacen't already, would be to make an introductory thread in New Member Introductions sub-forum. You're more likely to get greeted by other members.

I think the staff have sorted your verification as it now says you're a Greenlighter under your username (ID) :) Oh if I remember I don't think you can have an avatae but not a profile pic until you reach 50 posts. All these limitations are because of spammers n other troublemakers I think. Won't take long before you're a Bluelighter :)

Hope you enjoy the site. There's lots of good people here <3

Evey

Last edited: