• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to get prescribed Ativan (Lorazepam) for my panic disorder?

Mhollings

Greenlighter
I have severe and frequent anxiety attacks and my parents and I think I have panic disorder. I researched it and I display almost of the signs or symptoms of it. I will start seeing a therapist next week and I will also be evaluated and diagnosed. I'm aware that for panic disorder, along with therapy (CBT) they will most likely prescribe me something and I read that they are most likely to prescribe you benzodiazepines than SSRIs or other anti-depressants. If they did, I would have to switch anyway because I don't do well on them. I have tried various ones such as Zoloft and it gave me terrible side effects. I am completely aware that benzos can be highly addictive depending on the person but I do not have an addictive personality or a past history of drug or alcohol addiction. How do I get prescribed lorazepam? My friend also has anxiety (never specified what) and once I had a very bad anxiety attack and she gave me .5 mg of it and it helped me a lot with no noticeable side effects aside from mild tiredness. I don't think it's a good idea to tell this to the person that will be prescribing me pills, though, because I feel like if I told them I took unprescribed pills they would never give me benzos. Is that true? How would I get the psychiatrist to prescribe me Ativan or maybe Xanax?

How do I get prescribed lorazepam?

sorry but that question is completely against the rules highlighted in the Bluelight User Agreement - i suggest you give it a read.

panic disorder is the worst, but please try other methods before you resort to benzos - great short-term fix, but the rebound symptoms are 10x worse - yoga, meditation, lifestyle changes, please consider these before you go down that path; i didn't, and my addiction to prescribed diazepam for my panic disorder has destroyed my life.

take care