• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How to get more out of Oxy/avoid switching to heroin?

Ugggh.....you're future does not look bright my man....u said you haven't had oxy in a month yet you're asking homeless people for heroin because youre "getting kind of desperate and don't know what else to do"? What the fuck? What's making u so desperate if you're not sick? I don't get it?

Whatever man, you're going to do what your going to do no matter what anyone says on here, I will say this though, if I could go back in time personally, I wish I'd never touched a fucking pill in my life

Ugggh.....you're future does not look bright my man....u said you haven't had oxy in a month yet you're asking homeless people for heroin because youre "getting kind of desperate and don't know what else to do"? What the fuck? What's making u so desperate if you're not sick? I don't get it?

It's not like a normal feeling of despair, I don't feel trapped or anything, but I feel more like I've been waiting on using for so long that I've lost my patience.

Look I get it, I have been there, that is why it is hard. The point is not to stay away from heroin so to speak. It is that you have an addiction, and a strong one at that. Use oxy or heroin the result will be the same, the oxy will get you there quicker, and eventually you will make the switch regardless of what we say. Then you will be using and the thing I warned you about) tolerance eventually going up so high you start to look for other solutions. This is where the brain goes: "Well I don't want to use needles... but heroin is twice as strong IV as it is nasally, so if I switched to IV I would only have to do half as much... that means I could stretch my money twice as far!"

Then you do the needle thing for a while and it is amazing, unlike anything you have ever experienced. And the heroin game is a nightmare, you never know how good the quality is going to be, or is you are going to get a small bag and they say it is going to be strong but it turns out to be weak as shit, and that goes on for months, and you are barely keeping yourself from getting sick, then your dealer says the same shit they always say: "yo, this shit is different shit, it is really strong don't do the whole bag." You look at the bag and it is even smaller! Then you are like that fucker! Damnit! They just shorted me on a fucking bag!

But this time it turns out to be a fent-laced bag and you shoot the whole thing PRAYING for a tiny rush. But that is it. Game over, you don't wake up this time. Do you see how easy it was for me to write all that? Almost like I had lived it before? It is because I have. The only difference being I got lucky and woke up. Do you think that stopped me? HELL NO. I had to keep going, but I got scared so I went back to oxy so this way I could be sure. But then before long the money problem gets me again, so reluctantly and fully knowing I am risking my life I go back to dope.

This is the fucking cycle of addiction. It will take EVERYTHING away from you. Imagine doing all this shit but trying to maintain a job, or a marriage, or anything else that you care about. The scary thing is the problems it causes are so fucking bad suicide becomes a very viable option. And the thing is you have the perfect, most painless way to kill yourself. And maybe you try, and maybe you succeeded. Maybe you don't and the cycle continues. These words might not mean anything to you because you have not lived them, but just typing them makes me want to stay the FUCK away from it... AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE.

You don't know what pain is until you hit rock bottom, and you don't know what depression is until you have broken through rock bottom, and you don't know what wishing you were dead is like until you are so deep you can not even jump as high as you can and reach bottom. The saddest thing about addiction is you have a million people here warning you DON'T DO IT. But you will. And I am so sorry for you... you need treatment. That is the only thing that save you from this lifetime of hell. But you wont go. I just typed all this shit for no reason. Everyone here will applaud me, you will say you understand and you are going to change on your own. But you will live your life the way you want. Prove me wrong. Go to rehab tmrw. It will not happen. That is how powerful addiction is. I am not being pessimistic... I just KNOW because I have been there, and you have not, and that is how it works.

Look I get it, I have been there, that is why it is hard. The point is not to stay away from heroin so to speak. It is that you have an addiction, and a strong one at that. Use oxy or heroin the result will be the same, the oxy will get you there quicker, and eventually you will make the switch regardless of what we say. Then you will be using and the thing I warned you about) tolerance eventually going up so high you start to look for other solutions. This is where the brain goes: "Well I don't want to use needles... but heroin is twice as strong IV as it is nasally, so if I switched to IV I would only have to do half as much... that means I could stretch my money twice as far!"

You don't know what pain is until you hit rock bottom, and you don't know what depression is until you have broken through rock bottom, and you don't know what wishing you were dead is like until you are so deep you can not even jump as high as you can and reach bottom. The saddest thing about addiction is you have a million people here warning you DON'T DO IT. But you will. And I am so sorry for you... you need treatment. That is the only thing that save you from this lifetime of hell. But you wont go. I just typed all this shit for no reason. Everyone here will applaud me, you will say you understand and you are going to change on your own. But you will live your life the way you want. Prove me wrong. Go to rehab tmrw. It will not happen. That is how powerful addiction is. I am not being pessimistic... I just KNOW because I have been there, and you have not, and that is how it works.
I'd go to rehab but I can only imagine what friends/parents would think. That, and I'd say I do have a strong addiction, but I wouldn't think it's rehab-worthy. From what I hear it's common for people to follow my path, going from a no-IV-view to suddenly IVing, and I'm not going to claim to be special. You're right, I've never experienced any if that, and maybe that's why I'm not moved to stop by those words. I'm going to be honest, but I'm sure everyone else realizes it just as I have, but even after reading all these posts/experiences I don't really plan to stop. I doubt anything can be said here that would make me stop. I don't know why I'd continue down this road with everyone else telling me it's dark and stormy ahead, but I guess it's just because I personally don't see any storms, if that makes sense?

*deleted*
It isn't a popularity contest, but I'll lose a few grand immediately at the very least because a couple of my scholarships will be revoked if anything drug-related happens. And it seems a bit drastic to say I'm doomed and diseased, I've been managing just fine up until now. Albeit one near-OD when I was a more naïve user nothing dangerous has happened. I'm not sure what the average sentence is for possession, but it seems strange to me that people go to jail just for using. :?

Last edited by a moderator:
All of those options will lead to spending a shit ton of money anyways, you might not spend as much for the three hour drive, save up a bit, for gas, a stock pile of oxys possible. A better idea would not take any.

I took 40mg Oxy tonight, my typical dose to nod before I stopped a month ago was 40-50mg, and I'm not getting as much out of it as I'd expect...just the warmth and relaxation. Is it possible for tolerance to go up after a break? :(

Last edited:
It isn't a popularity contest, but I'll lose a few grand immediately at the very least because a couple of my scholarships will be revoked if anything drug-related happens. And it seems a bit drastic to say I'm doomed and diseased, I've been managing just fine up until now. Albeit one near-OD when I was a more naïve user nothing dangerous has happened. I'm not sure what the average sentence is for possession, but it seems strange to me that people go to jail just for using. :?

Sorry I was being rude, but I was not saying YOU are diseased, I am telling you addiction is a disease. And there is no cure. And trust me, there is nothing drastic about saying you are doomed. How old are you? And yes it does seem strange, but until people get their heads out of their ass and decriminalize heroin carries a mandatory minimum of 5 years. It is stupid and people should not be thrown in jail, they should be thrown in rehab. But that is not the case. And you will not lose a scholarship if you go to an outpatient rehab, that is silly. All medical treatment is private via HIPPA act. If you chose not to go, it is because you don't want to stop. There is NO reason not to quit other than fear.

You didn't have to delete your post, I didn't think you were being that rude. I really am sorry I make you and other people feel that way though...I can't help the way I feel :(

We know, and that is why we are trying to help you. I wake up every morning at 4 am and it is almost midnight, and I am not going to sleep until I feel like I have exhausted every possibility.

I took 40mg Oxy tonight, my typical dose to nod before I stopped a month ago was 40-50mg, and I'm not getting as much out of it as I'd expect...just the warmth and relaxation. Is it possible for tolerance to go up after a break? :(

what is probably happening is you are in a bad mindset because you are worried you are becoming addicted. That can ruin a high. When I was a severe heroin addict I got no pleasure doing it, no matter how much I did. It would just make me sleepier and sleepier. Which is how a lot of addicts die.

Sorry I was being rude, but I was not saying YOU are diseased, I am telling you addiction is a disease. And there is no cure. And trust me, there is nothing drastic about saying you are doomed. How old are you? And yes it does seem strange, but until people get their heads out of their ass and decriminalize heroin carries a mandatory minimum of 5 years. It is stupid and people should not be thrown in jail, they should be thrown in rehab. But that is not the case. And you will not lose a scholarship if you go to an outpatient rehab, that is silly. All medical treatment is private via HIPPA act. If you chose not to go, it is because you don't want to stop. There is NO reason not to quit other than fear.
I'm 18 and a freshmen in college. In other words, I'm pretty young hence my fear of talking to someone about rehab. Especially my parents, they know I smoked week in highschool and were cool with it, they only hoped it wouldn't turn into anything worse. I don't know if i could look them in the eyes and tell them I use heroin/Oxy. I am starting nod a little I think, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll be awake even though it's only 11 here.

We know, and that is why we are trying to help you. I wake up every morning at 4 am and it is almost midnight, and I am not going to sleep until I feel like I have exhausted every possibility.
Also please don't stay awake on my behalf, I don't like to burden other people with my problems. It's not worth it to stay up and try to help me man. If you have with our something in the morning I'd hate to be the reason you're tired/miserable, it just isn't worth it.

Last edited:
I forgot that I can never sleep on oxy, only dream/imagine vividly for short periods of time before waking up.
3am, still no sleep, itchy, and just got into a pretty big argument with a friend who has a plug who can get heroin but he refuses to give me his number because he had a friend OD from heroin. Even though he uses tons of drugs anywhere from coke to mescaline...it's been a pretty depressing night. :(

You drive 3 hours to pick up a drug. If that's not addictive behaviour, at least on a subconscious level, then I don't know what is.

Diacetylmorphine is just another opioid. It's only stigmatized because doctors in the US don't give out scripts for it and its quality is unregulated. Besides that, there's no difference between someone sniffing 3 30s or a bag of dope....

3am, still no sleep, itchy, and just got into a pretty big argument with a friend who has a plug who can get heroin but he refuses to give me his number because he had a friend OD from heroin. Even though he uses tons of drugs anywhere from coke to mescaline...it's been a pretty depressing night. :(

Dude, he is trying to help you. I know you think you want this now... I remember how bad I did... now I wish I had never taken that first lortab. I lost a marriage because of opiates... just know that when it finally ruins your life, bluelight will be here. And we will still help you. When it comes to addiction there is never an I told you so, it is just how can we fix this now?