• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How to get huge clouds of BHO smoke without a torch lighter and dome

I don't understand how this method would be different than melting the oil on a titanium, glass or quartz nail? I don't see how there could be less waste using that particular contraption... I don't waste anything when using a titanium or glass nail in my 6 inch tall dab rig.

How do you waste with any product with a dab rig?

I don't know the exact mechanism by which a dome/nail setup wastes wax... but I couldn't be more confident that oil burners like the one I just posted an image of are significantly more efficient. I've been dabbing for years, all types of concentrates from the clubs, all different types of heady glass with and without filtration including Goldstein glass. I've even been to a dab bar. My experience is not the issue. I don't know why so many people love dabbing so much that they get so defensive of it, perhaps it's the ritual.

I really don't enjoy that ritual of heating the nail for 30 seconds with a butane torch every time I feel like taking a hit. Even if the torch were totally safe, I still wouldn't like having the use it every time. I smoke a lot, I'm not just going to take 1 or 2 dabs and be done. I'd have to keep reheating over and over again. I could use an electric nail like the one posted earlier, but losing some would still be an issue.

Try using an oil burner like the one in the picture and I guarantee your oil/wax will go much further. I don't know why, but I've always needed much less to get much more smoke this way. The amount that would be dabbed in one hit will stretch out to at least 2 hits, each appearing to yield just as much smoke as the dab would. I started this thread in hopes of somebody else finding that oil burner I posted above... Now I am sharing.

I'd like to steer the discussion toward e-cigs, since they also work very well. I think the P-dab VIP gives bigger rips than either the GPen or Atmos. Any thoughts on this?

Also... Somebody mentioned those little handheld butane torch lighters, that are the same size of an ordinary lighter. I thought those didn't get anywhere near hot enough for dabs, but does anybody use them?

Well I was just wondering because you mentioned waste before I think.

I'm not really being defensive about dabbing as I smoke mostly flowers and ice water extracted hash rather than BHO. I was just curious about how that glass contraption could give you more than a nail with the same amount of oil, which i'm still not convinced but i'll have to try it someday to find out.

I feel you about having to heat up the nail often, but in my experience if the oil is quality, not many dabs are needed haha

I feel ya bud. I miss just opening the jar, breaking off a piece, and packing it for instant blast off.

The fastest way if I dont want to deal with the bong. I bought a chillum for like 4 bucks, chose the one with some semithin glass surrounding the bowl piece. And a torch lighter for 5 bucks at the same smoke shop. Now I know you say you dont want a torch but theyre literally 5 bucks and refillable for cheap, they fit in your pocket without suspicion, and this method is a bit quicker than the bong dome nail song-and-dance.

I get an average sized dab on my dabber, put it in my teeth to hold for use in a second. Use left hand to hit the thin glass around the bowl with flame. Right hand to hold the chillum. With the right size glass, its red hot in probably less than 5 seconds. Since the chillum is horizontal and the suckhole is elevated, youre wax isnt going to slide into the chillum. Apply dab to red hot glass, get cougher rips just like any bong.

It really doesnt take much more time or effort then it does to bust out the jar, pull the flowers off the stems, break them up a bit, and pack them in your bowl. Just my two cents.

i just did a lot of MDMA out of a dollar bill, i wouldnt even want to imagine what some other people are doing off of them. as for it hitting you harder, youre not doing it right, or you are mistaking dying brain cells and Alzheimer's for that "high" you are looking for.
glass on glass, with either a nail and dome or skillet, is the only way to go if you really want to get fat rips with it. heat the nail up hotter, put more oil on the dabber, there should be no reason you cant get a big hit from a good little oil rig. and yes they are different then flower ones, both work but using a flower piece for oil is like wearing sandals on a hike... eventually youll get there, it just might be a bit harder then you expected.

Skillets require a butane torch. I'm looking for options that don't involve a risk of third degree burns and/or burning my house down.

^ what's there to be scared of? If you are an adult you should be able to operate a propane torch.

If you're trying to avoid wasting product; you're not. Anything that sticks to glass is still retrievable.

I feel you about having to heat up the nail often, but in my experience if the oil is quality, not many dabs are needed haha

I know I'm reviving the thread, but I felt I should for educational reasons.

There is something called tolerance which may cause one to need more dabs than another! Not everyone has the same tolerance. You can Google it and find out for yourself :) hope I helped you

Well since someone else brought it back from the dead...

You can get plug in nails/pads/domes that you. Plug into a wall adjust temp like a oven (single gauge for temp).

They are expensive but worth it.

Easy up 2-300 bucks

Im not sure you understand what bho is my friend. First it is not medicine BHO is a THC concentrate made from marijuana lacking the medicinal properties of ganga hence why in colordo its not un heard of for hash to be cheaper in rec stores than med stores , it is a recreational drug. And most importantly if you are free basing off tin foil you might as well buy a torch turn it on and never light it same damage done to your brain. Idealy you want and electric rig they come with titanium nails (a metal with extremely high burning temp so you dont smoke irons ) and has an on off switch and dabs just like a rig. Next concern is waste, you choose your dab size and hit it any "waste" is reffered to as reclaim in the stoner wordl scrape it or clean it and hit ot again and again and again theres not waste when your using the proper tools glass for main structure then quartz or titanium for nail/banger glass or quartz again for hood of nessacary then titanium for a dab tool and lastly butane (the same shit used to make your BHO concentrate.)