• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How to get huge clouds of BHO smoke without a torch lighter and dome

rolodex propaganda

Bluelighter
I don't like to use the dome/nail setup with a torch lighter for a couple reasons. I find waiting for it to heat up every time I want a hit to be a hassle. The hits also take a long time to clear and don't hit very hard.

Using a regular lighter, tin foil and a rolled up dollar bill as a straw, I can get much more satisfying hits. My friends who dab thought at first this was a waste, but it's pretty clear that as long as you catch most of the smoke in the straw it conserves more than dabbing.

I've hit lots of dab rigs but never one that gives as big hits as the foil and straw. Some vape pens can come close though. Can anybody recomend any similar methods that are less ghetto? Investing in nice glass is worth it, and I wish the same method worked with something besides foil. I've thought about replacing the dollar bill with a glass straw, but that still leaves the nasty foil.

I absolutely do not want to use a torch lighter. I think they take the fun out of smoking BHO and make it too dangerous. Somebody could take a big hit and lean/fall over on the lighter, or fall asleep and leave it on for hours. There are just too many ways to get scorched or start a fire. A big hit of BHO can be comparable to a hit of nitrous, at least for me. As strong as it is, you shouldn't be playing with torch lighters, which are used to torture people in movies.

Any suggestions for something that gives hits just like the foil, straw and bic lighter? I love the big hits but want something more classy.

get some better quality butane for starters (yea it makes a difference).
i use a pad set put that twists under a bent stem that works on any bong.

you could just put a little on a bowl and smoke it that way?

get some better quality butane for starters (yea it makes a difference).

you could just put a little on a bowl and smoke it that way?

What is this pad system you're talking about? Could you link to a picture and/or somewhere it's for sale?

I don't like just putting it in a bowl because that defeats the whole point of smoking BHO, which for me at least is to get a large concentrated hit of THC. It would take much longer to get the same amount of medicine if you mix it with flowers. I'm basically looking for the way to consume the most medicine most quickly. With foil and a straw, I can get huge clouds with a quick puff... a bit too janky though

im not quite sure what you mean by "huge clouds of BHO" but a rig with a dome and nail (or domeless nail) should def work the best for inhaling a single large dab of BHO. Maybe you're technique is off? or it's a cheap rig? I can't imagine being able to take a larger hit off foil than i can out of a bong. The rig will cool the vapor down way more and give you a smoother hit thus enabling you to smoke a larger dab..

I also just got a vape pen and the hits are nowhere near as big, although I get more hits out of the same amount of BHO...just kind of funny how our opinions are the opposite haha.

Dont post links to any sources, even if its just paraphernalia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ummm, a skillet...?

UCug1Uj.png

Cigar shops carry pocket torch lighters that function exactly like normal lighters do. There's no option to leave the flame on unless your finger is on the trigger, so it's pretty difficult to accidentally burn anything down. IME it's safer than a normal lighter because you can turn it upside down and the flame will still shoot straight out instead of fighting gravity and licking at your fingers like a yellow flame would.

Wait what?

Dabbing on a hot nail doesn't hit you hard enough so you prefer using tin foil????

My guess would be that the piece you're using to dab is too big or has too much filtration.

Get an oil rig with a 2 or 3 hole filtration system and trust me hit will hit you hard enough

Use a propane can (5$ for a good sized can) with an igniter + lighter and you'll have no problem heating an 18mm nail in 30 seconds.

I have used that kind of torch in plenty of situation where I was fucked up (alcohol, psychedelics, etc) and I never was scared of burning my house down or anything. You turn on the valve a bit, take the lighter to ignite it, adjust the flame to your desired intensity, heat the nail, turn off the valve, wait for the nail to cool down a bit and take your hit. There's no more flame near you when you take your hit... I think that's a lot safer than burning it on tin foil and inhaling through a nasty dollar bill...

If you want no torches involved then get a vape pen, that's the only healthy way I see it could be done but most pens don't give you that big hit of smoke that you're looking for.

Are we talking vapor or smoke here? If you're looking to smoke then use anything. If you want to vaporize it (which I'm pretty sure thats what you're supposed to do with hash) then get a vaporizer. Or put it in the bottom of a bowl with a screen and then bud on top, light it gently. Or just put the wax in a bowl and light it so that the flame doesn't touch it and it vaporizes.

I used a simple pipe with a carb that was custom made for wax/oil. The hole isn't at the bottom of the bowl, rather there are two halfway up the bowl. You scoop or melt the concentrate into the bottom of the bowl. Use a torch to get a glow-rod going and then treat it like a mortal and pestle, lifting the glow-rod slightly up and down as you inhale douse the glow rod in the wax/oil, then open the carb if need be and clear the chamber, careful not to let a bunch of wax get burned off your glow-rod. Once mastered this technique gives massive BHO hits, hit you incredibly hard.

Salutations Rolodex Propaganda,

...dome/nail setup with a torch lighter... I find waiting for it to heat up every time... ...want something more classy.

Well, it doesn't have to be slow:

NSFW:
P1010003.jpg

Induction Nail​

Is this classy enough?

26.gif

Damn I hope you let the nail cool down a bit before you take a hit on that nail if it's titanium :eek:

Funny I have the same ALT piece ^^

This is what I was looking for. Compared to this or even tin foil, a dab rig wastes quite a bit. I also don't think heating a butane torch over and over again is very fun, regardless of how safe it can be. The amounts my friends put down on their rigs in one dab could get me through the day if I hit them on one of these. This is your classic oil burner, this one connects to a bong.

_CMY0725-700x700.JPG

Now this is going to sound totally ghetto, because it is.
Get a Glass Screen that plugs the hole of your standard bong bowl.
get a cover for bowl. Then heat the bottom of the bowl with a lighter for like 10-20 seconds depending on thickness.
Then start to inhale. Continuing holding the lighter on the bowl.
IT will vaporize eventually.

This is what I was looking for. Compared to this or even tin foil, a dab rig wastes quite a bit. I also don't think heating a butane torch over and over again is very fun, regardless of how safe it can be. The amounts my friends put down on their rigs in one dab could get me through the day if I hit them on one of these. This is your classic oil burner, this one connects to a bong.

I don't understand how this method would be different than melting the oil on a titanium, glass or quartz nail? I don't see how there could be less waste using that particular contraption... I don't waste anything when using a titanium or glass nail in my 6 inch tall dab rig.

How do you waste with any product with a dab rig?

I don't do wax/dabs as I don't have access but would logic not dictate to dab a smaller amount if you want to vaporize less?