• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to get bp down?

imelting74

Greenlighter
The amount of adderall that was taken was 60mg. at once. That's the amount needed to feel the recreational effects. That made the bp skyrocket to 224/133. There available drugs to take are clonidine, xanax, and percocet. What would be the best course of action to reduce the bp?

Well, 3mg Xanax was taken along with 0.4mcg of Clonidine, 20mg of Percocet and 1tbs of Magnesium (Calm brand). We shall see what happens.

There never was a high pulse rate, always pretty steady at about 80bpm. During the peak blood pressure times there were mild chest pains but nothing that horrible. Always felt calm and relaxed during the whole episode, the chest pains are gone now, but a lightheaded feeling when standing up, probably from the clonidine, a dose 4x the prescribed dose was given during the pb peak.

Along with these meds, a dose of Paxil 20mg, Levothyroxine 200mcg, and Warfarin 7.5mg are taken daily. Are there any possible complications that my arise from these meds along with the previous list that was enjoyed last night? Thanks for any input!

well i dont know what kind of tolerance levels you have exactly. but if i was to ever over amp myself, and find my BP too high. i would have started with probably .2mg clonidine seing as it is a medication specific for BP. or i would take a xanax. i have over amped before, and just 2mg xanax was enough. i suppose the perk would help as well, but i would prefer either clonidine or a benzo. but i never found the need to take large amounts of both. then again i dont know your tolerance, but i found when over amped, i dont need to reach my tolerance level to get beneficial effects. I would have done one or the other, xanax or clonidine. and i think you would have noticed some descent benefits, probably if BP was biggest concern, i would have saved my Xanax and just taken .2-.3mg clonidine. but that's just me. In addition, im guessing the lightheaded feelings are from the clonidine and benzos and what ever else causing you to now have low BP?..... thats my guess at least. altho i know for me either xanax or clonidine on its own is really effective for dealing with over amped feelings, especially clondine in its specific BP effects.