• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How TO Get a xanax prescription ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymoususer74

Greenlighter
Looking to get a xanax prescription! What is the first stop ? a psychiatrist or regular doctor ? Exactly what do i tell them ? What are the panic attacks like? how long do they last? How often ? How long have they been going on. Also im 21 and still on my parents insurance, is it possible to do this without them finding out? My mom is all abt a holistic approach to medicine and wouldnt be down with this. Thanks guys !

These types of questions aren't allowed. If you have a real anxiety problem, then you'd know what to say. A decent psychiatrist wouldn't start you off with Xanax right away, either. I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder as well as agoraphobia, I went through numerous anxiety medications until I got on Xanax, and I wasn't even trying to go that far. The withdrawals you would experience are horrible from benzos. A good doctor would start you off with something simple, such as Buspirone, and keep going along the line until you found one that works. Even if you DID get Xanax, it would not be a long-term thing most likely. I was on it for three/four months before I was switched back to Klonopin, and I'm not even on that anymore.

Don't lie to your doctor in order to get meds that you're going to use recreationally, when there are people with real problems out there. I'm going to assume you're trying to get it for recreational purposes anyways, since you're asking us how to convince your doc to prescribe you it. It's honestly not even worth it.

This thread is gonna be shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.