• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to get a meaningful trip? ( first trip seemed kinda random )

JollyRoger85

Greenlighter
Greeting,
I just had my first psychedelic trip on magic truffles, tool about 12.5g of them, which is supposed to be analog of 2.5g dried p.cubs.

I am having mild speech block and general anxiety, I hopes the this experience might help with understanding their cause and eliminating them.

In about 20 minutes I saw my hand look wrinkled, as of a dragon. When I closed my eyes, random light patterns were flashing past me, as if flying in a tunnel. Later the room I was in seemed rocking, as if on a giant pendulum. Cognitive abilities seemed rather impaired, it took some effort to get off the bed and go to the bathroom or change the thermostat. At one moment I saw a vision of some concrete giants standing in a stormy sea... interesting, but seemingly random scene. Sense of time had disappeared for a while... but in about 3-4 hours it was over, I went to sleep and awoke with a headache in the morning.

A fun experience all in all, I am sure I would like to repeat it in the near future... but I kinda expected something meaningful, some insights into my subconscious... yet all I got was, seemingly, random effects.

What would you suggest? Is there a way to get a more meaningful trip? Should I have taken a larger does?
Does the cognitive functions have to be impaired during the trip? Maybe using some other kind of psychedelics, like tryptomines, can give the nice effect without feeling wasted?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Definitely try to put up with the randomness. There are cleaner tools out there, but they come with their own problems.

Double the dose and report back, I'd say!

There are cleaner tools out there, but they come with their own problems.

Do you mean tryptomines, like 4acodmt? Unfortunately I don't have access to them...

Double the dose and report back, I'd say!

Yes, planing to do it shortly. ;)

Psilocybin hits in waves sometimes your thoughts are generally supressed in cycles of 20-60mins then stiumlated thinking. Take a larger dose next time and meditate and write down your intentions before hand equvilent to 3.5g p.cubes is where things truly enter the realm of healing and take you to psychological depths.

The thing is, you have to learn how to trip.
You can't be just trying to think and act normally, and receive magical healing.
The first step could be to learn to focus on the visuals you have with your eyes closed, but just observing and not trying to investigate their meaning. If there is some evident message then good, you will get it.
Don't try to think about something, let your mind come up with stuff.
Don't take things seriously during the trip, just accept that you thought whatever, and move on, don't get stuck.
You will analyze later when sober.
Good luck!

As mentioned, prior to trip, write down some thoughts or a question or two you’d like to explore.
Also, try laying in a dark room, or with eyeshades on and listen to great music.
Removing the outside stimuli, or minimizing it, has lead me more toward the areas of tripping you are referring to.
But just experience it. Some tropes will reappear, others will be unique to each trip.
More trips will give you some comparisons.
Also, maybe consider other PDs like 4 sub’d tryptamine or lysergamides.
My most meaningful trip was on a lysergamide, but some prefer others like phenethylamines (san pedro, peruvian torch, peyote).

Ayahuasca is supposed to be deep, healing, but I’ve not done it.

One cannot force an epiphany using psychedelics.
Worst case scenario is that by being dead set on having a life-changing epiphany, you decide that some idea you had during your trip must be *it*, and start heading down the road to delusional thinking and a quasi-addiction to psychedelics.

That said, the hallucinations you experience can be of significant therapeutic value, and yes, that to me includes visuals, as they demonstrate the malleability of human perception (ex.: a cynical and jaded person might realize that the things and people around them can be fascinating and beautiful after all, and it all depends on their perspective).
On the other hand, some of the thoughts we have while tripping are, of course, pure BS. The human mind is a wondrous but in many ways flawed device; many of the ideas you have when you're sober turn out to be less-than-well-thought-out in the end, and this applies just as much (probably even more so) to ideas you have when you're high as a kite... so, take everything with a grain of salt, and relax.

Personally, I like to keep a notebook around when tripping to scribble down notes. Some of the things you write down may be inspiring, while others may be bizarre enough to put a smile on your face when you read them in a sober state of mind.

Meaningful experiences arent always positive. Some of my most meaningful trils were quite hellish at the time ?

That being said. Write down your intention. In as much detail as you can. You might learn something cool before you even take a substance.

Dou le the dose is a good idea too.

No psychedelic always produces meaningful experiences (or experiences that are meaningful in the same way,) but some are more reliable than others. For most people, mushrooms are among the more reliable.

Robin Carhart-Harris just published some interesting work on the importance of music (with specific characteristics) to producing psychedelic experiences of value that you might want to look into. Maybe check out Wavepaths

I've done loads of psychedelics and never had any kind of epiphany on them. (One time on mushrooms I was convinced I was having some monumental life changing revaluation that water was the key to everything. ??)

However, as I grew and kept my mind open, I've had many different mind opening events, most of them coming during completely mundane things. I truly believe I've found my own peace and I also think that having those experiences during my formative years gave me the right mind set.

Personally, I like music, psychedelic imagery, friends and comedy. (Sometimes I like the woods, too.). ✌️my advice is to just enjoy the ride. Good luck!

Last edited:
Your first few trips are usually less meaningful because your body needs to learn how to deal with the trip, maybe your third or fourth trip will have more significant meaning.

Tripping with your friends will also most likely make your trip less meaningful because you have people around you taking your mind off things, tripping alone is sometimes scary but it will make you think of more meaningful things etc.

Add a little bit of ketamine or pcp. That’s how

Edit: and take more

Honestly I would recommend against combining psychedelics and dissociatives for anyone's second experience ever.
Taking a bit more, yes it already came up, but I would say to go very easy on Ketamine in the first experiences.
Regarding PCP, I think that it is to be considered a drug for very advanced users due to duration of action, the propensity to induce delirium like states and the fact that with increasing dosages it does not induce paralysis like Ketamine so one can act out on his trip while in a blackout state.

Add a little bit of ketamine or pcp. That’s how

I defend dissociatives to death, because they're a splendid alternative to death. They get your mind out of the kind of gutter where psychedelics risk aggravating the situation.

For other applications they're arguably too powerful, and backfire too easily. I wouldn't say they have a place being casually recommended in an innocent first-time-mushrooms thread. Some degree of casual use is defensible too once you're allied up with them, but only once there's the premise of having accepted the complications they bring to life. Otherwise the case for simplicity is just too strong.

But simplicity too can't be pushed too hard. Because the case against psychedelics is one of simplicity as well. Which where the idea of strictly separating dissociatives and psychedelics devolves into drawing the line behind one's own heels.

Perhaps the trip will end up chaotic if you’re not familiar with dissociation, but I still stand by my opinion that it will be more meaningful.

I hate to say it but it's one of them things. Just roll with the punches, don't search to hard by upping dosages, epic combos, just do your thing and let those moments find you, it will happen.