View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines How to freebase Fumarate salt tryptamines perfectly

Ballz_Trippington

Bluelighter
So for many years I've tried on and off with very little success to successfully freebase tryptamines in fumarate salt form.
I now realize that the mistake I have been making (and many on reddit and BL) is incorrectly assuming that all tryptamines are very soluable in naphtha because DMT is....
I especially had this problem with MET fumarate.
But last night I had the thought....why don't I just try other non polar solvents and see what happens.
I followed the basic STB DMT extraction tek (basify with sodium hydroxide) add your tryptamine of choice (dpt, met, 4-ho-dpt or whatever) shake it up and I stead of using naphtha I used a mixture of xylene and toluene and boom all the freebase tryptamines migrated to the xylene/toluene....evaped down and just tried the MET freebase and HOLY FUCK!!! Very very intense ....this appears to make an oil from dpt, met, abd 4-ho-dpt that is EXTREMELY STRONG AND VISUAL!!!!
it's hilarious that it never donned on me to try something other than naphtha....now I have discovered thst DPT is only slightly soluable in naphtha it does work but 1 g of the hydrochloride only was able to pull about 20mg of freebase compared to how well it works for DMT.
I cannot guarentee that xylene/toluene will work with every tryptamine but I do believe it's just a matter of discerning the correct non polar solvent for the specific tryptamine you are working with.....please if anyone can contribute to this feel free.
I've seen many MANY people struggling with this and my objective is simply so people aren't wasting grams of expensive tryptamines and not having success.
I'm unsure if it's worth putting the extracted tryptamine oil into a vacpump purging chamber to remove any trace solvents or if this would degrade the freebase material.?

Last edited:
Great post and makes complete sense. Even DMT isn’t all that soluble in naphtha (hence it’s ability to re-X out of solution). It’s also why one should never simply use naphtha when doing a DMT extraction on plant matter, a final toluene pull will grab a lot more DMT plus other alkaloids if you believe in that sort of thing :)

Toluene is always the better choice too for it’s lower BP making it easier to evaporate.

-GC

**Update**
I used the exact same method to successfully freebase 3g of 4-HO-DPT which was a tan powder as the fumarate.
Strangely this produced a GREEN freebase oil....which seems to line up with other users on reddit claiming that when mashing their 4-ho-dpt with a baking soda paste to make "ghetto" freebase 4-ho-dpt it made a green paste.
I have not tried it yet but it's very interesting that freebase 4-ho-dpt is green in appearance????
I've read on reddit that it's incredibly strong when vaped as the freebase which why I've been trying to find the best ROA for this one as only nasal seems viable which produces a very weak effect compared to eating it which produces a lot of muscle tremors and both oral and nasal.require a high dose.
Plugging it does basically nothing and it's insoluble in water for IM.
However, apparently vaping the freebase is extremely powerful and requires very little material according to anecdotal reports.

**Update**
I used the exact same method to successfully freebase 3g of 4-HO-DPT which was a tan powder as the fumarate.
Strangely this produced a GREEN freebase oil....which seems to line up with other users on reddit claiming that when mashing their 4-ho-dpt with a baking soda paste to make "ghetto" freebase 4-ho-dpt it made a green paste.
I have not tried it yet but it's very interesting that freebase 4-ho-dpt is green in appearance????
I've read on reddit that it's incredibly strong when vaped as the freebase which why I've been trying to find the best ROA for this one as only nasal seems viable which produces a very weak effect compared to eating it which produces a lot of muscle tremors and both oral and nasal.require a high dose.
Plugging it does basically nothing and it's insoluble in water for IM.
However, apparently vaping the freebase is extremely powerful and requires very little material according to anecdotal reports.
*2nd Update....after final evaporation the green solvent of 4-ho-dpt seem to become a dark almost black goo when reduced .
I'm not sure shen I'll get a chance to try it you can bet the bank thst I will as soon as possible.