• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How to fix a really weird drip

isaaccain

Bluelighter
So I just sniffed 20mg crushed up extended release methlyphenidate and the drip is going OUT of my nose, I'm worried it won't get me high now because of this HEEEELP PLEEEEASE. Also my ritalin is called Equasyl XL 10mg modified release. Anyone else had experience with this brand?

I've got no idea what you mean.

It's running down your nose and you can taste it?

What he means is the mucus is dripping out of his nose, instead of down the back of his throat.

If this is what you do actually mean, then just sniff up long and hard with the nose you didn't use blocked then swallow the stuff. Only way you can do it, I have the same problem with cocaine or whenever it's summer since my hayfever is really bad. I still get high so I can't see why you wouldn't.

I'm not experienced at all in Ritalin though so I couldn't answer any branding questions but as I know you're from the UK I don't think I'd be wrong to say that branding means nothing when it comes to prescription drugs. Binding agents maybe different but the active ingredient will always be the same and modified release from what I've read means after you've taken it. It doesn't 'kick' in for a while, where as instant release will start to work immediately and extended release works over time. So basically, you swallow it, and there's a gel or wax coating to stop it from taking effect right away.

So if you take it before school, which you probably do. It will stop it from kicking in before you get to school and will probably start working around 1-2 hrs into school. Hope that makes sense.

Yeah that makes sense but I was thinking was are there chemical differences in the structure that only fits the active site of an enzyme in your liver which means you can;t snort it? I know Vyvanse has that. Anyway there's beads inside no wax or anything maybe the beads are wax coated idk I think they're yellow and the powder white so maybe anyway I stuck rolled up tissue paper up there and it stopped after a while but all the mpd probably just got absorbed into the tissue idk I got a bit high but not really so not sure sorry for the fucking gross thread I think it was cos yesterday I walked to mcdonalds and back in the rain which is like 2 and a half miles and got absolutely soaked and didn't change and was just sitting in a cold exam hall for 2 hours freezing and now I've got a cold

Last edited:
^ you could eat the tissue paper?
and did you crush the beads?

This medication sounds like it has an extended release mechanism like Concerta (American ER version of the same drug you're using). That was next to impossible to insulfate because of whatever nasty goopy binder mechanism they used in the pill. Basically powder from the pill (which is incredibly difficult to crush the pill up into) would gel up into something with a snot like consistency when exposed to moister.

Is that what is happening with you OP? Is this the first time you've tried to sniff this medication or has this never happened before? If you've been able to use this stuff like this without this issue before, it's probably something other than what I was thinking with Concerta.

I agree with @toothpastedog. All long acting meds normally require some kind of break down in order for them to be effective in the nose. Otherwise it's simply a waste of a pill.