• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to finish my Kpin taper with Ativan?

yompf

Bluelighter
Hello it's been years since I posted a couple at least . I just did a 2 week binge of benzos , bout 4 mg Ativan a day and Kpin at the end of two weeks then stopped and went full blown benzo withdraw. Went to ER , they gave me a shot of phenobarbital and said to tuff the rest out. Couldn't do it so I've been tapering with Kpin. I can do .5 in AM and .5 like 8 hours later in a day.
Problem is I have 1 two mg k pin left. It's hard to break in perfect sizes especially smaller then .5 . I've been doing .5 twice a day for 4 days . I feel like I just prolonged my usage and made my situation worse.
Now I have 2 mg Ativan
and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to finish my taper with it cuz it's all I have.. whatt is the Ativan equivalent of .5 Kpin or lower , idk !
I really feel like I messed this taper up

Any advice I am very grateful for , thank u bluelight

Hey Yomof! I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal with this nasty shit. People make mistakes so dont beat yourself up.

First off, Lorazepam (Ativan) is 1/2 the strength of Clonazepam (Klonopin). In other words, a 2mg Lorazepam is roughly equal in potency to a 1mg Clonazepam.

I would recommend doing a fairly rapid taper which it sounds like you are going to be forced into anyway. The "Kindling Effect" is pretty hard to deal with. It can be very tricky to find the balance between preventing seizures and contributing to further withdrawal.

I would consume this pill in whatever fashion you choose over the course of two days. Ideally, I would wait until before bed and take a half each night.

You cannot get more pills? Can you get beer? If worst comes to worst you might have to drink a beer or two. We will figure it out either way so have no fear buddy.