• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How to find the local rave scene?

wiiwee

Bluelighter
I live in a MAJOR EDM city (probably top 5 in the world, you could prob figure out what city from that), but the problem is it all seems to be headliner DJ's at the clubs, that's all I see. Gotta pay 25-50 bucks to see these guys, and then I gotta get all decked out in nice clothes just to get through the door of the prissy high end clubs they play at. I HATE being at events like this in nice clothes, I'd rather be in comfy clothes than dressing to impress! I'm not looking to meet girls because I already met one! I just want to find a fun scene.

I just wanna dance to some good EDM, I've been to ultra fest enough times that I don't care about headliners anymore, I just want good EDM in a good crowd. How do I find real type rave stuff to go to so I don't have to keep going to the clubs!

I apologize if this is the wrong section, but hopefully this topic is closely enough related, I knew I'd get the best information from this section since this is where all the EDM people are at!

Last edited:
there has to be tons of smaller scale stuff going on in your area. Warehouse parties, house parties. You just have to meet the right people. I know, it's not that easy, but you just need one person to get you into the local 'inner scene'. Even my small city has warehouse parties going on. No dress code and no $13.00 drinks.

It's probably the wrong section, but MDMA and EDM seem to go hand in hand :)

I live in a big party city (Los Angeles), and while there's a ton of big clubs with big headliners, if you go onto plurlife.com and check out the events, you'll find a lot of smaller scale raves that aren't widely publicized. Certain clubs in every big city seem to cater more towards a rave and underground crowd, and you'll meet people quite easily who will point you in the right direction.

Just because a city seems to have a ton big commercial clubs with 12$ martinis and 30$ cover charges, doesn't mean that's all thats out there. If you're living somewhere with a large population, I imagine there's plenty of great underground parties.

I don't know what city you're in, but if it's Los Angeles I can certainly give you suggestions in a PM.

Warehouse parties ftw. I just attended legit smaller raves for a while and after a couple of months I got invited to ones that were held in 'other venues' :D

Last edited:
If anyone has any tips for finding the NYC underground rave scene, feel free to post here orPM me :).

If anyone has any tips for finding the NYC underground rave scene, feel free to post here orPM me :).

Hello Mr Policman :D

Seriously if anyone posts underground events they will simply be removed from the site - the last thing you want to do is splash the names/locations of these events around public forums.

OP get yourself to your local indie record store (if you have one) check some of the smaller flyers. Go to your local university and check the fly posters etc - pretty easy to find the smaller events.

You have to make connections and meet people - that's how you find out about things.

I have to drive over an hour to get to this great club ... cover is usually $20 - $25 but I don't think that's too bad. I compare it to a regular night club where cover is usually $10 - $15 but then the drinks are very expensive on top of it. For me, anything else I may purchase at the club I go to is not terribly expensive. And besides, you're at a nightclub for maybe 3 - 5 hours. This other club ... never been there for less than 12 hours. And it's laid back and stuff too. Some people dress up, but not many. I always wear comfy jeans, running shoes, and then I put on a cute top or something. But it doesn't even matter.

But even that club, I never would have heard about it normally. I just heard of it through my boyfriend. I don't know of a lot of great places in my town. If I'm not at that club, we have little parties with small groups of friends, that's about it. One of my friends is really into music so he chooses the best type of music ;)

When I got myself back into the scene in a major american city i tired the old school record stores and found most of them gone. So i turned to the internet.. it didn't take long of crawling local/national rave forums, facebook for groups in my area related to EDM, etc, to find parties worth going to were I met people who gave me info on more, better, and very underground parties. If you try you will receive.

OP, I know where you're at, and I hate the scene there too, nothing but velvet ropes and suits and shit.

There are a ton of smaller venues and events that are much more laidback and open. Like Bearlove said, look around record stores or other venues, there are usually people handing out flyers, cds, etc. You can find some great events if you look hard enough.

Also, if you go north there are some great smaller EDM/camping/jamband festivals and things to check out, if you're into that sort of thing.

I don't know what city you're in, but if it's Los Angeles I can certainly give you suggestions in a PM.

I have a very simmilar problem as the OP and I am in LA. could you please suggest where to look for smaller, chiller raves here? it would be much appreciated =D.
i cant pm you, im still a greenlighter...

Most promoters work in the open now, troll through facebook.....

Go to record stores, and the hippie part of town, look for flyers and stuff.

I live in a MAJOR EDM city (probably top 5 in the world, you could prob figure out what city from that), but the problem is it all seems to be headliner DJ's at the clubs, that's all I see. Gotta pay 25-50 bucks to see these guys, and then I gotta get all decked out in nice clothes just to get through the door of the prissy high end clubs they play at. I HATE being at events like this in nice clothes, I'd rather be in comfy clothes than dressing to impress! I'm not looking to meet girls because I already met one! I just want to find a fun scene.

I just wanna dance to some good EDM, I've been to ultra fest enough times that I don't care about headliners anymore, I just want good EDM in a good crowd. How do I find real type rave stuff to go to so I don't have to keep going to the clubs!!

You could always use an EDM social media site to find people and events. I use UGX. Good Luck, PLUR!

The interweb!! Everyone and their creepy uncle has a Facebook and people talk about cool events on there, although they wouldn't be the most secretive. The internet definitely helped me notice an underground type of scene where I live and it is not a big edm area. Not even like Facebook event pages, just try and meet people who have similar interests and see if they know of anything that's more what you're looking for. And flyers. And if all else fails, fuck it and throw a house party that you dj. Or DJ a friend's house party and pick all the best music. :)