• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How to fight crack cravings?

Honestly, the best way to deal with crack cravings is just to leave it alone. I had a moderate crack addiction for a couple of years (up to £80/day) which felt unbeatable until I ran out of money. Crack does not cause physical dependence unlike opiates, it's all psychological.

I know it's easier said than done, but if you can get through the first couple of hours without redosing, it's surprising how quickly the desire for more fades. Obviously ymmv and you may experience psychological trauma, but I found that coming off crack was a damn sight easier than coming off 3-fpm. At the end of the day, it's a shitty drug with a shit duration that isn't worth the money or the heartache

Could I have stopped without making myself totally broke? Probably not. But knowing what I know now, I wish I'd done it sooner. I Personally found the taste to be more appealing than the effects...

Honestly, the best way to deal with crack cravings is just to leave it alone. I had a moderate crack addiction for a couple of years (up to £80/day) which felt unbeatable until I ran out of money. Crack does not cause physical dependence unlike opiates, it's all psychological.

I know it's easier said than done, but if you can get through the first couple of hours without redosing, it's surprising how quickly the desire for more fades. Obviously ymmv and you may experience psychological trauma, but I found that coming off crack was a damn sight easier than coming off 3-fpm. At the end of the day, it's a shitty drug with a shit duration that isn't worth the money or the heartache

Could I have stopped without making myself totally broke? Probably not. But knowing what I know now, I wish I'd done it sooner. I Personally found the taste to be more appealing than the effects...

Yeah the crazy thing about crack is you'll do almost anything for another hit while you're coming down but after a few hours you don't even want it. I used to joke with my buddies about this, how we'd call up our dealer during the come down in a desperate attempt to get more and the dealer would usually arrive two hours late by which time we wouldn't want the crack anymore. However, we'd feel obligated to buy it out of fear our dealer would stop coming to us if we turned him down, so we'd buy it and smoke it anyway and then the whole cycle would start over again.

I havent had iv coke in about 2 years and the coke dreams are getting better. Time is about the only thing that helps

Can't believe I'm reading this... I signed up just to ask a similar question. I totally feel you man! I have actually been spontaneously using it like once a week the past month or so right... but last week on Wednesday, I ended up buying 1g of powder and cooked it up, it lasted until friday... but Thursday was hell because I couldn't sleep all night on Wednesday! I stayed up and had to call off work on Thursday! I ended up getting a bit more powder yesterday.... thinking I will control myself, and just enjoy a couple days out of the week and not have a binge like that again. Needless to say, yesterday night I smoked a few hours, and did stop and slept ok... I am craving to use it today harddddd even though I promised I wouldn't.... what I am worried about is trying to figure out, will I withdraw from just a few days of use?? I mean shit, I took Saturday off, and most of yesterday (Sunday) and I did feel more anxiety than usual yesterday. I do have gabapentin, lyrica, zyprexa, buspar, hydroxizine, and wellbutrin as meds I take. Will any of those meds help me withstand the comedown? Have you OP or anybody, ever had a comedown just from a few days straight of use?? (I take very tiny puffs, like I said, I made 1g last 3 days). Thank you!
I've never had much of a comedown from crack apart from slight apathy and dull emotions the next day. The coke I get is the stuff that's relaxing and mellow as opposed to the speedy type which always had a much more noticeable comedown of depression and irritation.

Yeah the crazy thing about crack is you'll do almost anything for another hit while you're coming down but after a few hours you don't even want it. I used to joke with my buddies about this, how we'd call up our dealer during the come down in a desperate attempt to get more and the dealer would usually arrive two hours late by which time we wouldn't want the crack anymore. However, we'd feel obligated to buy it out of fear our dealer would stop coming to us if we turned him down, so we'd buy it and smoke it anyway and then the whole cycle would start over again.
I tend to max out at 3 - 4 points for the day and leave the rest for the next day as the cravings die down or it feels uncomfortable.

Smoke some heroin go to sleep if you already addicted to brown otherwise take a benzo it will chill you out then take it for a few more days to help anxiety after that you should be good just don't use again which is the biggest battle

Buddy I feel the same way!! Long story short last week the day I was supposed be last, turned into a night where I didn't sleep AT ALL - I ended up not goin to work, thank god for a cool boss, and in the morning my parents asked me whats wrong and im like "I think I have food poisoning I threw up all night didn't sleep at all I can't go to work" .... oh god how bad. I took 2 days off... so this past Friday after work I went like an idiot and bought some rock for 10 bucks instead of my own g of yay thinking fuck it it's just 10 bucks, that shit was garbage! Tasted sour!! Wtf?? Saturday I was with a friend who came over, and I had him pick up a gram of best quality yay you can get here! From the only dealer I know and luckily he's got TOP NOTCH. We had fun just sniffin the shit. I ended up keepin the remainder and had my own fun yesterday Sunday - today I was gonna go all day without, but... like a true addict who thought "I won't smoke though I will stick to sniffin cause at least I work on it well" , I bought the high quality snow earlier. I think I figured out how to space this shit out and after the misery and sleepless nights and missing work a week ago, I know when it's too late and too much... I split this baggie up in half, locked up the half - and half is out for me to last hopefully ALL week long. I have a lot of work to be done this week and I plan to not rock it up and smoke.... The funny thing is just like you I also would fuckin start "oh just a little just a little" and start taking frequent bathroom trips for the damn thing!! LOL.

So I did notice today, being without... all I experienced was a bit of lethargy and irritated mood, that's it... it's insane how there's no real withdrawal from it... also, I go to a suboxone clinic once a month and piss test there, I go next Wednesday. I am curious - how fast can I detox this out my body once I stop and just drink water & green tea all day, and workout hard. I have a slim/fit physique and a fast metabolism..... I actually once beat a piss test few yrs ago in 2 days from coke & xanax (saturday night partied and monday morning woke up like 6am chugging water all morning, tested at 9am and urine was like water lmao).

I am glad I am not alone in this though - this is like my safe haven to express myself. Even though I have paranoid thoughts that real life people will find out who I am and stuff (general paranoia I have about posting on the internet nowadays)... I truly appreciate and grateful for every post in here. I think I need to conquer the urge and action of smoking the yay, and at least for now use it productively and just sniff it since I have such high quality and when I did this last week I ended up working my ass off (at work and on my own project at home).

Buddy I feel the same way!! Long story short last week the day I was supposed be last, turned into a night where I didn't sleep AT ALL - I ended up not goin to work, thank god for a cool boss, and in the morning my parents asked me whats wrong and im like "I think I have food poisoning I threw up all night didn't sleep at all I can't go to work" .... oh god how bad. I took 2 days off... so this past Friday after work I went like an idiot and bought some rock for 10 bucks instead of my own g of yay thinking fuck it it's just 10 bucks, that shit was garbage! Tasted sour!! Wtf?? Saturday I was with a friend who came over, and I had him pick up a gram of best quality yay you can get here! From the only dealer I know and luckily he's got TOP NOTCH. We had fun just sniffin the shit. I ended up keepin the remainder and had my own fun yesterday Sunday - today I was gonna go all day without, but... like a true addict who thought "I won't smoke though I will stick to sniffin cause at least I work on it well" , I bought the high quality snow earlier. I think I figured out how to space this shit out and after the misery and sleepless nights and missing work a week ago, I know when it's too late and too much... I split this baggie up in half, locked up the half - and half is out for me to last hopefully ALL week long. I have a lot of work to be done this week and I plan to not rock it up and smoke.... The funny thing is just like you I also would fuckin start "oh just a little just a little" and start taking frequent bathroom trips for the damn thing!! LOL.

So I did notice today, being without... all I experienced was a bit of lethargy and irritated mood, that's it... it's insane how there's no real withdrawal from it... also, I go to a suboxone clinic once a month and piss test there, I go next Wednesday. I am curious - how fast can I detox this out my body once I stop and just drink water & green tea all day, and workout hard. I have a slim/fit physique and a fast metabolism..... I actually once beat a piss test few yrs ago in 2 days from coke & xanax (saturday night partied and monday morning woke up like 6am chugging water all morning, tested at 9am and urine was like water lmao).

I am glad I am not alone in this though - this is like my safe haven to express myself. Even though I have paranoid thoughts that real life people will find out who I am and stuff (general paranoia I have about posting on the internet nowadays)... I truly appreciate and grateful for every post in here. I think I need to conquer the urge and action of smoking the yay, and at least for now use it productively and just sniff it since I have such high quality and when I did this last week I ended up working my ass off (at work and on my own project at home).
The thing with crack is it quickly stops providing a high and I waste nearly all of it chasing one or using due to cravings.