• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to feel the effects of Seroquel all day?

John101

Greenlighter
I took Seroquel 300 for 10 years and now the effects of it in my body don't last very long maybe due to habituation. Since the half life of it is 6 hours and only during 6 hours I feel great, how can I make this feeling last all day? Seroquel XR half life is 7-12 hours, so I'm not sure if this is the solution...

I still use Seroquel but I hate the need of using it. I need it so I can sleep properly, however, I do get drowsy all day long. The pill I use lasts almost 24 hours, so I'm going in an opposite direction by chewing them hoping to get affected for a shorter period of time.

In your case, I'd recommend XR tablets, not generic. It's strange because I have used them for quite a long time and haven't developed any tolerance whatsoever. Not 10 years like you, but 6 and 200 mg still makes me extremely drowsy and very tired on the following day. I have also noticed that there are generics that differ from the original Seroquel medication. I think they are not as strong as the original drug. Maybe it's only me idk.

Also, one of the reasons I do take Seroquel and not Benzos in general is because I was told that they are not as addictive and does not build tolerance as quickly as benzos do. As I mentioned, I have never detected any sort of tolerance at all.

Why do you need to use it? I can't imagine using this recreationally.

use it:
1. To not feel depressed and anxious and tired all day
2. To help me sleep.

You say that XR will last all day in my body, but how if the half life of it is 7-12 hours?

And which dosage of XR do you recommend so it lasts all day?

Half life time doesn't necessarily mean that the effects are over in 7-12 hours.

I looked this up so I could give you an example:

The half life of Ambien is about 2 hours
If you took a 10 mg Ambien tablet at 8 pm then by 10 pm there would be 5 mg remaining in your system and by 12 pm there would be 2.5 mg in your system and so on.